tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2014

@Aleecat wrote:

@MsLadyRover wrote:

Hi Gardeners!

How is everyone?

I was away on vacation but I am back now and still Garden Strong!

It's Day 76 and all seedlings are growing well!

Hello, I'm felling a little appy but strong :} Congrats on your seedlings...

Thank you.

Feeling a little appy? LOL! That's cute.

Stay strong my friend!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6021 of 9,162
Aleecat
New Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2014 ( 1800 Citi Aadvantage cc bill Please help ! )

@msf12555 wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

@msf12555 wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

Just put a 2200.00 cruise on my credit card Citi Aadvantage last month. I payed  400 before the statement cut so I now owe 1800 on a 8500 limit card. I have the money to pay the remainder 1800.00 in full.  Should I pay in full or pay off in increments? My credit cards are all at zero balance with exception of a maybe 200.00 on my AMEX BCE. I want to garden the best for my score as well as make Ciit give me a great CLI in the future since I plan to use highly for airline miles. All scores are 740 and above...

Thanks

Aleecat Smiley Happy

Your Fico score will be best served if you have one card with 1-9% UTIL on it, and all the rest zero. However, Citi may have it's own preferences, i.e. they may like to see a balance paid off over time. I pay off my cards all the time so I never get charged interest. I think a good way to get a CLI is to show that you would benefit from it by using the card and putting as much through it as possible. Every situation is different, but this route never seems to hurt.

HI yes you make a good point. I have not intrest until 2015. Would that change you answer?

It depends. For your FICO score, there is no memory about Utilization, meaning that you could pay minimum payments every month, and then all of a sudden pay it down to 5%, and once it reports to the CRAs as 5% your FICO score will reflect it that way. It doesn't take UTIL history into account basically. Citi, on the other hand, can see what your history with them was and may take it into account. Some lenders like carrying a balance, and some very much don't. I don't know about Citi personally.

If you were asking about me, I never make a purchase on my credit card that I can't pay for immediately. That's totally a personal choice though.

Thanks again for a your answering me . I am the same way too. I don't charge what I can afford to PIF. I just wanted to be on Citi's good side as If I can get a high CLI I can rake in lots of miles without denting my utilization(lots of travel). I don't want to use 50 -60% a month anf PIF because I can. That may reflect bad on my utilization depending on when they send the snapshot to the credit bureau. I have been making multiple payments each month because of my usage. Thanks , Hopefully someone will have some ideas on how to crack the citi generous sp cli nut ! Smiley Happy

Message 6022 of 9,162
Aleecat
New Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

@MsLadyRover wrote:

Hi Gardeners!

How is everyone?

I was away on vacation but I am back now and still Garden Strong!

It's Day 76 and all seedlings are growing well!

Hello, I'm felling a little appy but strong :} Congrats on your seedlings...

Thank you.

Feeling a little appy? LOL! That's cute.

Stay strong my friend!

LOL... Thanks ... I will Smiley Wink

Message 6023 of 9,162
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2014 ( 1800 Citi Aadvantage cc bill Please help ! )

@Aleecat wrote:

@msf12555 wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

@msf12555 wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

Just put a 2200.00 cruise on my credit card Citi Aadvantage last month. I payed  400 before the statement cut so I now owe 1800 on a 8500 limit card. I have the money to pay the remainder 1800.00 in full.  Should I pay in full or pay off in increments? My credit cards are all at zero balance with exception of a maybe 200.00 on my AMEX BCE. I want to garden the best for my score as well as make Ciit give me a great CLI in the future since I plan to use highly for airline miles. All scores are 740 and above...

Thanks

Aleecat Smiley Happy

Your Fico score will be best served if you have one card with 1-9% UTIL on it, and all the rest zero. However, Citi may have it's own preferences, i.e. they may like to see a balance paid off over time. I pay off my cards all the time so I never get charged interest. I think a good way to get a CLI is to show that you would benefit from it by using the card and putting as much through it as possible. Every situation is different, but this route never seems to hurt.

HI yes you make a good point. I have not intrest until 2015. Would that change you answer?

It depends. For your FICO score, there is no memory about Utilization, meaning that you could pay minimum payments every month, and then all of a sudden pay it down to 5%, and once it reports to the CRAs as 5% your FICO score will reflect it that way. It doesn't take UTIL history into account basically. Citi, on the other hand, can see what your history with them was and may take it into account. Some lenders like carrying a balance, and some very much don't. I don't know about Citi personally.

If you were asking about me, I never make a purchase on my credit card that I can't pay for immediately. That's totally a personal choice though.

Thanks again for a your answering me . I am the same way too. I don't charge what I can afford to PIF. I just wanted to be on Citi's good side as If I can get a high CLI I can rake in lots of miles without denting my utilization(lots of travel). I don't want to use 50 -60% a month anf PIF because I can. That may reflect bad on my utilization depending on when they send the snapshot to the credit bureau. I have been making multiple payments each month because of my usage. Thanks , Hopefully someone will have some ideas on how to crack the citi generous sp cli nut ! Smiley Happy

Your current strategy works well for most creditors. Sounds like you are running a large amount of spending through it, and making multiple PIF payments a month to keep your balance low. I think that's a pretty good strategy Smiley Happy

Message 6024 of 9,162
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

Hi. My name is Wolfman, and I'm an cardoholic. 

Ok, Not really, but back in the garden, until something interesting shows up out there that pops my interest. Smiley Happy

Happy gardening!

Message 6025 of 9,162
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@WolfMan wrote:

Ok, Not really, but back in the garden, until something interesting shows up out there that pops my interest. Smiley Happy

Happy gardening!

Well Welcome to the GC!

Message 6026 of 9,162
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@WolfMan wrote:

Happy gardening!

We love you WolfMan!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6027 of 9,162
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Hey folks. Just checking in for the day. I will be popping in and out. Apparently I hit it a little too hard last night and my brain is now punishing me.

Message 6028 of 9,162
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gardeners,

I totally forgot about a balance I had left on VS. It's a whopping $23, but the statement just closed.  Ooops.  I'll just pay it off and SD the card.  No luck on CLI with VS yet.  Oh well, at least Merrick will have a zero balance, since that statement also just closed.  I'm aiming for good UTIL (all CCs below 10% total, each EE below 10%, and half of the CCs at zero), since I'll be going for my AMEX 61 day CLI on May 6th.  My QS also closed around 17% UTIL (I didn't account correctly for the AF...darn!), so I'll also have to fix that for next month. 

Hoping everyone's having a good gardening day!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6029 of 9,162
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

Hey folks. Just checking in for the day. I will be popping in and out. Apparently I hit it a little too hard last night and my brain is now punishing me.

Sup A to da Z!  Don't worry buddy I've got this garden under control!  Take some meds and rest up, see you tonight

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6030 of 9,162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.