Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - March 2014

tag
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2014

@ayles wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

Checking in for at least part of March! If I don't end up finding a car I want, and getting my credit reports the way I want them.. I might actually get my next spade at the end of this month!

I know it will all work out for your good.  Here to support you whichever route works out best for you.  Hugs my friend.

Thank you so much! The GC in particular and this forum in general is amazing.

How are you holding up? How is your little peanut?

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 81 of 9,162
ayles
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Count me in for March Wooo Hooo

Won't be around much today It's my birthday so have fun, stay strong and be nice GC 

Happy birthday bro!!!!!!! God bless you and keep you today and the rest of your year! Much love and blessings.

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 82 of 9,162
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Gardeners,

I like to start off every month with stating my plan while I'm in the garden.  This month is a bit different from other months, since I'll be stepping out of the Garden and will be turning in my Gold spade in about a week's time.  I'm closing my CreditOne Visa and I plan on replacing it.   I have a plan in place and, once it's done, I'll return to the Garden to plant my seedlings.  

My plan:

1. Close CreditOne CC upon return to Garden.  

2. Contact EQ to see if old CO can be excluded before April falloff date.  Will attempt this before I leave Garden.  

3. Will try again for SP CLIs on Amazon, Wally, and Gold Violin.  Will SD Wally if not successful.

4. Garden for at least 6 months  

5. Keep UTIL below 10% overall and on all CCs.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 83 of 9,162
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I'm joining the garden for at least 6 months to a year...maybe more!  I had a very successful February where I app'd for 2 cards (Sallie Mae WMC and US Bank Cash+) and was approved for both.  I also managed to PC some cards to start earning rewards and I got a minor CLI increase from Amex and Discover (which I didn't even request!).  

I would guess my Fico scores are currently somewhere in the low to mid 700s, but my AAoA likely took a hit with the new TLs, so I need to really let my current accounts age.  My goal is to lower some of my APRs, even though I plan to PIF, in the attempt to get the best possible rates and terms for the cards already in my portfolio.  

I also want to find new ways to save money and cut corners wherever I can so I can continue to build my Money Market savings account. 

Smiley Happy

Message 84 of 9,162
ayles
Established Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@ayles wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

Checking in for at least part of March! If I don't end up finding a car I want, and getting my credit reports the way I want them.. I might actually get my next spade at the end of this month!

I know it will all work out for your good.  Here to support you whichever route works out best for you.  Hugs my friend.

Thank you so much! The GC in particular and this forum in general is amazing.

How are you holding up? How is your little peanut?

I'm a little better praise God; not as much coughing or pain in my throat.

My babygirl is still unwell but getting better slowly.  She isn't struggling as much to breathe at night with the humidifier and essential oils massage on her feet before sleeping.  She is nursing a lot which means I'm not getting much sleep but whatever it takes for her to start feeling better.  My bible study group prayed for her yesterday so I am believing healing is coming very soon.  Thanks so much for remembering.  You are so thoughtful Heart

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 85 of 9,162
Mcast1018

@TNTransplant wrote:

Monthly accountability post:

Things are going well here.  I'll pick up my silver spade on 3/7/14, and I'm sitting tight just working on paying down debt.  

Here's a short recap of my most recent post in last month's gardening thread, as it was a good example of gardening success.

Within the past month I received SP CLIs on the following cards:

Simplicity:       $7000 --> $9800

Discover It:     $15000 --> $17,500

BoA Travel Rewards:  $12,000 --> $20, 000

Hope everyone is doing well... Smiley Happy

I know the may be off topic, but how did you get a soft pull on your BofA for a CLI? Every time i have asked they said it would be a hard pull. Is there a backdoor number to call for it?

Message 86 of 9,162
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Rechargingin Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2014

Woot cchecking in for March.. how is everyone today?

Message 87 of 9,162
Darrell82
Established Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Hey Gardeners,

I like to start off every month with stating my plan while I'm in the garden.  This month is a bit different from other months, since I'll be stepping out of the Garden and will be turning in my Gold spade in about a week's time.  I'm closing my CreditOne Visa and I plan on replacing it.   I have a plan in place and, once it's done, I'll return to the Garden to plant my seedlings.  

My plan:

1. Close CreditOne CC upon return to Garden.  

2. Contact EQ to see if old CO can be excluded before April falloff date.  Will attempt this before I leave Garden.  

3. Will try again for SP CLIs on Amazon, Wally, and Gold Violin.  Will SD Wally if not successful.

4. Garden for at least 6 months  

5. Keep UTIL below 10% overall and on all CCs.  v

very good plan you got for yourself there. Good Luck

Message 88 of 9,162
klmar3874

Hello Everyone!

New to myfico this week, and some how locked myself out of my account and had to start another smh. Anywho, I'm in the process of rebuilding and have found this site extremely helpful. Went on a mini app-spree last night to add a few accounts to my file before gardening. For a short term goal, I'm really just interested in growing my score to get a better refinance rate for my car. I have a BK 2009 & a few baddies, but I think a thin file & many inqs (rate shopping) are the real cause for the low score.Now that I've added some accounts, I'm ready to sit back & watch what happens. The garden club will definitely be an inspiration. GOOD LUCK Everyone!

Message 89 of 9,162
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Welcome to the Garden... congrats on your new cards.

Message 90 of 9,162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.