Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - May 2012

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2012

Well, I am back in the garden.

I won't list all of my cards...I have too many. 

Overall utilization is still above 50%, and I've got waaaaay too many inquiries in 2011.

I DID apply for BofA last month, and was denied.  Smiley Sad

No more apps for me until at least October...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 21 of 296
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@tcbofade wrote:

Well, I am back in the garden.

I won't list all of my cards...I have too many. 

Overall utilization is still above 50%, and I've got waaaaay too many inquiries in 2011.

I DID apply for BofA last month, and was denied.  Smiley Sad

No more apps for me until at least October...

Happy May Fellow gardeners Smiley Happy  I've been app free on EQ and EX since Feb, and App free since mid-march on TU...  mid march was getting me hooked up with NFCU membership, auto refi (savings me thousands) and a nice NFCU cashRewards Visa Smiley Happy

I'm proudly gardening for the next yr or two Smiley Happy  I have no further needs of CC, might need an auto in 3 yrs..  might do a streamline refi my FHA loan on the duplex in a couple of years, which doesn't require a credit check.

We are patiently planning for my fiance's NFCU app which will happen as soon as Amex balance is updated on his reports...  *patiently waiting*

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 296
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

@aggieguy wrote:

I am now in the garden, after a successful April!

I'm coming from terrible financial decisions in my late teens/early twenties which led to terrible credit--go figure. I've worked fairly hard over the past couple years to clean up the mess I made, and after things that wouldn't budge finally fell off, I have decent reports. They all still have multiple 90+ day lates from 2006 on multiple trade lines added by the lovely folks at Wells Fargo Student Loans--can you tell I'm still kicking myself for that?

I know how you feel.  Don't dwell on them.  Time flies when you're not paying attention to things.  

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 23 of 296
aggieguy
New Contributor

@snowangel wrote:

@aggieguy wrote:

I am now in the garden, after a successful April!

I'm coming from terrible financial decisions in my late teens/early twenties which led to terrible credit--go figure. I've worked fairly hard over the past couple years to clean up the mess I made, and after things that wouldn't budge finally fell off, I have decent reports. They all still have multiple 90+ day lates from 2006 on multiple trade lines added by the lovely folks at Wells Fargo Student Loans--can you tell I'm still kicking myself for that?

I know how you feel.  Don't dwell on them.  Time flies when you're not paying attention to things.  

Thanks! Yeah I know. It just really gets to me that it was one payment I was delinquent on, but instead it shows up as "multiple accounds showing serious delinquency." And of course, "the law says we must report these accurately and we cannot remove the 4 old ones in favor of the one tradeline that consolidated them..." Frustrating. But I'm all smiles now.

My Wallet: Discover $1500, CapitalOne Green $1500, Amex Zync NPSL, CU of TX $3000, Amazon Store $1000, Barclay Apple $1300

Chopping block: CreditOne $600, BestBuy $600, CapitalOne $500, CapitalOne $500
Message 24 of 296
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I fell off the wagon last month and picked up a Nordstrom Siggy Visa.

Otherwise, app free and no need for any other cards.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 25 of 296
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Also, found some information online through the online court docket that my 2007 was dismissed by the judge... I sent off my disputes to get the judgement removed, and I heard back from EX yesterday, saying they couldn't accept the computer printout I sent, but that they would contact their furnisher and try to update my file or delete the tradeline as needed based on the new information.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 26 of 296
Tikon
Established Member

Got a 3 yr old collection aging, 20+ inquiries across 3 agencies in past 3 months that need to age. CCs in my sig.

I am thinking I might get to 800 next year if my collection can be removed (it's false)

I plan on apping in 2013 if i can hold off

Credit cards: $5400 AmEx BlueCash Everyday, $5000 BOA Signature Visa, $5500 Discover, $4000 Citi Plat Select, $1500 CapitalOne Platinum, $5000 B&N Barclaycard, $5000 Elan Financial, $4700 Chase Freedom, $2000 CapitalOne Journey (AU), $500 Chase Amazon, $600 Shell, $500 Kohls, $500 Goodys, $450 JCPenny
Message 27 of 296
01mommy
New Contributor

Count me in!!  Gardening as I rebuild...last inquiry will take place in a week or so for a home improvement loan; all but 2 will hit the one year mark in November...after that, nothing until at least December.  In addition to increasing my score, I'd like to close my two CC accounts when I get a prime card (oh, to have an AMEX!!).  Seriously considering the USAA secured AMEX in early 2013...

Credit One Visa$925CL-->$54 bal

Orchard Bank MC$420CL-->$0 

Starting Score: 564 on 3/15/12
Current Score: 665 on 7/14/12
Goal Score: 675 by 9/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 28 of 296
oracles
Valued Contributor

*looks around*

Hi, is this the Garden Club Meeting? My name is oracles and i am here to Garden. Hi everyone lol

I plan on Gardening for at least a year. Really dont need any other cards unless its a major promotional card or to terrific to pass up.

Hopefully i wont have any unforseen circumstances again and i can just sit back and see my garden bloom and talk with you guys over some burgers lol

Message 29 of 296
amkari
New Contributor

I'm back... April's gardening was cut short on a whim when I tried for a USAA MC (hoping they'd come back with a secured offer since I've had the USAA secured AMEX for awhile now... no such luck).

Since I was out, I decided to try for a couple unsecured rebuilders and was approved.  I'm waiting for them to update to my report now as the auto loan from 03/31 just updated.  Lots of inqs from the auto loan process.

WFNNB Lane Bryant $550 with $0 balance - since sometime in 2007 or so (CR shows two open accts for some reason)

USAA AMEX $1000 limit with $0 balance  -  since 07/2011

Orchard ECO MC $500 limit with $0 balance since 04/2012 (just paid annual fee and haven't even gotten the card yet lol)

Cap One Cash Rewards $300 limit with $39 balance (I think - can't log in to check for sure until I get card)

Local CU Auto Loan $21420 - first pmt due in May

I've never had an Orchard card so I wan't too worried on that one, debated the Cap One for awhile since I have 2 charge offs from 2008 with them.  This will actually be my 3rd round with Cap One - the first died a divorce death when the ex shredded my finances and credit, the 2nd was a victim of my 2008 lay off when I didn't get my unemployment for 8 months and didn't find a job for 2 yrs.  Overall, they've been good to me on previous occasions, lots of CLI but it sounds like the've tightened those up.  Sure wish they'd been more willing to make arrangements and work with me in 2008 though, one card was a $1000 limit and the other was a $2200 limit.  I wouldn't mind PIF if they would put the debt on the new card and leave me the increased balance once I've paid it off... might this be a possibility even though they've sold it and it's been in a merry go round of CA???

I did try Barclay's for Apple though since I need a new phone and don't want to sign a new contract... got denied.  I'll probably use the USAA when I finally HAVE to replace the dying phone.  I'd prefer to use one of the new cards since they're both rewards cards but neither has a high enough limit unless I buy from the Verizon store.

The current plan is to hang out, work on getting released tax liens off my report.  I've got 3 which aren't mine - somehow my name got mixed up with my moms on the businesses she owns.  I've also got 2 from the CA tax board - have requested a GW from them since the liens were released when I finally filed the way overdue taxes.  I'm going to try and GW a couple of lates on the LB card, I was in the process of moving and starting a new job and they got lost in the shuffle.

Midland keeps calling me at totally innapropriate hours (between 9pm and 10pm nightly - I'm in MT but have a CA phone number) for a Chase account that I would swear I never had... although I did have a Providian which morphed into WAMU (hate them) and to the best of my knowledge was closed and CO before Chase got their tentacles into them.  Not a fan of Chase either, had problems with them as a student 20 yrs ago... I'll probably have to settle it but since it will be out of SOL in August I'm just not in a hurry to mess with this one.

Next March will be the planned exodus... CU will decrease my interest rate on request once CR has improved and pmt history is reflected, I'll try again for some different cards depending on what I'm looking at - maybe Apple again since I really want to buy an ipad.

I have no desire to ever own another house, losing mine in my divorce cured me of that... but might consider it just so i can rent it when I want to move again.  lol

Mar 2012: 03/31/2012 - FICO EX 599 (auto loan pull) EQ 593 TU 602)
Oct 2012: 10/25/2012 - EX (tenant screening) 655 - EQ (myfico.com) 641 - TU (myfico.com) 622
Aug 2020: FICO 8: EQ 690, TU 685, EX 688
700s or Bust!
Message 30 of 296
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.