Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - May 2012

tag
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2012

Had horrible app itch today..  Made it most of the way through a Barclay's Apple app, then closed it. Went to Discover More Student card, made it most of the way through the app and closed it.

Had to remind myself that while the reason they declined me 45 days ago is long gone (collection), it still doesn't mean they'd take me now that I have a few more inquiries.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 81 of 296
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JenniferinFL wrote:

Had horrible app itch today..  Made it most of the way through a Barclay's Apple app, then closed it. Went to Discover More Student card, made it most of the way through the app and closed it.

Had to remind myself that while the reason they declined me 45 days ago is long gone (collection), it still doesn't mean they'd take me now that I have a few more inquiries.

Good job not going through with the apps!  I stared at the Barclay Ring app for a good 2-3 minutes a few days ago, but didn't fill it out.

Message 82 of 296
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@JenniferinFL wrote:

WTG on beating that itch!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 83 of 296
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to keep that monkey off you back Jenn keep up the great work.

Message 84 of 296
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Well, I finally did the smart thing for me and gave myself a set-in-stone date to app again, added it to my signature. All I'm going to let myself app for then is Discover More student and one other card, leaning towards Barclay Barnes and Noble or some other Barclay product. I wish there was a chance in heck of me getting my own Amex charge then, but I doubt it. Nothing bad on my record now since the bankruptcy, but, I've heard bankruptcy is a no go.

Of course, only app'ing then if nothing else has popped up on my credit report and my balances are in check..

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 85 of 296
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Checking in for atleast 6 months hopefully after that I can apply for a Zync and Discover

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 86 of 296
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

Joined Primeville last month with three new cards: USAA World MC 9K, Chase MWR MC 3K, Discover More Card 6K and CLI Chase Star Card 5K now I will be joining you all in the garden for at least a year while I get some age on these cards as Im about to drop my HSBC MC $400 since they have become CapitalOne bad experience with them years ago and once the switch is really complete I dont want them coming back to haunt me.

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 87 of 296
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Checking in, hands still firmly in the soil.

Have decided to change my grass seed from Pennington to Scott's Easyseed........cleaned up the bare spots from the charcoal killing my grass after grilling every night!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 88 of 296
sk8rmom56
Established Member

Hello all, I've been good for 5 months now. After a binge in November(Walmart, Citi Simplicity,Citi Dividend, Lowes and Sams Discover ) and a old account stopped reporting. I was denied for a Barkley and a cli from Shell. I realized that it was just the rush of approval I was craving. After a firm talk to myself, and seeing how much I already have it was definitely time to slow down. BUT- by September I'll have 2 inq. go away completely, and 4 more hit a 1 year mark so I hope that I can resist the pull of the on-line app a little longer. Reading these forums make it a lot easier.  Keep on getting that garden dirt under your nails!!!

Message 89 of 296
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JenniferinFL wrote:

Well, I finally did the smart thing for me and gave myself a set-in-stone date to app again, added it to my signature. All I'm going to let myself app for then is Discover More student and one other card, leaning towards Barclay Barnes and Noble or some other Barclay product. I wish there was a chance in heck of me getting my own Amex charge then, but I doubt it. Nothing bad on my record now since the bankruptcy, but, I've heard bankruptcy is a no go.

Of course, only app'ing then if nothing else has popped up on my credit report and my balances are in check..

Take the no-BK thing with a grain of salt: 

1) nobody's credit report is identical to another.

2) Lenders underwriting changes all the time, and EVERY lender is looking for more customers now.  Much like the mortgage industry where everyone who wants a refi pretty much has one, so they're going to lower the standards on home purchases if they actually want to continue lending.

3) Barclay = TU, Discover = EQ (mostly, almost guarunteed for you in FL), you can afford the additional Amex inquiry on 11/5 with the other two since it'll land on EX.

I think you're selling yourself short and doing yourself a disservice if you think you want an Amex any time in the future; an inquiry with Amex is not wasted: even if denied, you're better off being in their system than not being in their system because they're absolutely going to go trawling through their prior applications if they decide to expand their customer pool more... and since all lenders seem to be putting money back into the field, *especially* on credit/charge cards, I think you're missing out on a good opportunity if you don't add an Amex application on that 11/5 date too.  Even if you don't get approved, so what?  I saw an interesting screen name on Youtube the other day: QuittersTry, which when I think about it, likely means that you can't quit if you didn't try in the first place... which is vastly better than not trying something at all.  You may not be approved, but you'll never know unless you try in the first case, and it's a one year penalty on the inquiry, and small damage at that... it's how I can so easily justify my Hail Mary Zync application even though I suspect I'll get denied: if I get approved, it's in all ways better for my future FICO performance, and if not, well I'll take the shot again in 2013.

FWIW I think you're doing an absolutely fantastic thing setting a date on things... it is so much easier to stick with a plan if you know there's a definite endpoint: waiting "for my credit to get to X" is too fungable because of the variability of the FICO algorithm for individual consumers.  That's something I should do though I'm pretty certain my Amex app is somewhere around 12/30ish, thank you profusely for suggesting that!

Edit (again): PS - your scores are borderline Zyncish already depending on your profile, in another 6 months you may even be in a much better position.

        
Message 90 of 296
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.