Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

@brookele wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@brookele wrote:

I fell out of the garden for an Amex recon. Smiley Sad New HP on EX. 

Welome back its ok we all slip up did you get it?

Thanks! Unfortunately no, I didn't. My plan now is to garden for a 6mos, then apply for BCP every 6mos till I get it, since it'll be a soft pull. No recons. It's the last card on my want list, so no hurry. 

You'll get it next time so welcome grab your gardening tools and pull up a chair. We glad you're here with us 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mcf

Thanks! It's been a long time coming, EX will be clean in Oct. maybe I'll get lucky and they will delete my baddie early?
Message 22 of 2,553
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

I'm in.

I'll pick up my bronze spade tomorrow, and I'm set for the forseeable future - I don't want/need anything else, and I've now got more cards (and yes, even CL) than I feel comfortable with.  Does anyone know if there's some type of income:CL ratio that is preferred/optimal?  (haven't searched the threads yet - that's a new project).  I am fearful of the pending score drop with the new accounts (PenFed gave me three from one HP in March), and they haven't reported yet. Smiley Surprised

Plan for the year is to pick up my gold spade again and to have all my revolving debt paid off by the end of December.  It's difficult right now with current expenses (licensure, examination fees, travel, etc.) but it's a necessary evil.

I do plan to ask for the 3X CLI on my BCP in a couple of days, but I'm not expecting any type of success.  I'm not sure what's in my profile that makes Amex hate me, but I've been turned down three times so far.  And it's now my lowest CL, as all my other cards have 2-4 X the limit.  Oh well... <Shrug> 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 23 of 2,553
brookele
Established Member

@myjourney wrote:

@brookele wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@brookele wrote:

I fell out of the garden for an Amex recon. Smiley Sad New HP on EX. 

Welome back its ok we all slip up did you get it?

Thanks! Unfortunately no, I didn't. My plan now is to garden for a 6mos, then apply for BCP every 6mos till I get it, since it'll be a soft pull. No recons. It's the last card on my want list, so no hurry. 

You'll get it next time so welcome grab your gardening tools and pull up a chair. We glad you're here with us 

Thanks! I plan to be here for awhile Smiley Happy

American Express Blue Cash Everyday | American Express Green | Bank AmeriCard Travel Rewards | Barclaycard Ring | Capital One Rewards | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Citi Simplicity | Discover IT | Fidelity Investment Rewards AmEx | Freedom First CU Visa | Hudson Valley FCU Visa | Paypal Extras MC | + several store cards

09/05/13

Message 24 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@brookele

Welcome back and sorry for the Amex denial.
Message 25 of 2,553
LS2982
Mega Contributor

LS2982's DIAMOND COUNTOWN:

only 20 MONTHS LEFT!

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 2,553
mcf
Contributor

@Lex Fingers crossed!! I need a couple removed too.. old paid CO.. should fall off in a yr or 2 ive written both but you know how that goes.

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TNT
Congrats on getting your bronze spade. My fingers are crossed for you on your 3x CLI request - think positively!
Message 28 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

I'm in.

I'll pick up my bronze spade tomorrow, and I'm set for the forseeable future - I don't want/need anything else, and I've now got more cards (and yes, even CL) than I feel comfortable with.  Does anyone know if there's some type of income:CL ratio that is preferred/optimal?  (haven't searched the threads yet - that's a new project).  I am fearful of the pending score drop with the new accounts (PenFed gave me three from one HP in March), and they haven't reported yet. Smiley Surprised

Plan for the year is to pick up my gold spade again and to have all my revolving debt paid off by the end of December.  It's difficult right now with current expenses (licensure, examination fees, travel, etc.) but it's a necessary evil.

I do plan to ask for the 3X CLI on my BCP in a couple of days, but I'm not expecting any type of success.  I'm not sure what's in my profile that makes Amex hate me, but I've been turned down three times so far.  And it's now my lowest CL, as all my other cards have 2-4 X the limit.  Oh well... <Shrug> 

Sounds like a plan well thought out and being excuted forth withSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 29 of 2,553
CS800
Super Contributor

Reporting for duty, still in the garden. It's summer and i'm enjoying a bahama mama

This month my BCE comes up on the 6 months mark. I will try to get a CLI on it.

Message 30 of 2,553
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.