Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

@09Lexie wrote:
@CS800
Do you have enough for everyone?

I make a mean bahama mama and I used to bartend before. I have kept it up . Drinks for everyone !

Message 51 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@culture wrote:

I only missed 5 pages  Smiley Sad 

As long as your here with us Smiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 52 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

I'm in.

I'll pick up my bronze spade tomorrow, and I'm set for the forseeable future - I don't want/need anything else, and I've now got more cards (and yes, even CL) than I feel comfortable with.  Does anyone know if there's some type of income:CL ratio that is preferred/optimal?  (haven't searched the threads yet - that's a new project).  I am fearful of the pending score drop with the new accounts (PenFed gave me three from one HP in March), and they haven't reported yet. Smiley Surprised

Plan for the year is to pick up my gold spade again and to have all my revolving debt paid off by the end of December.  It's difficult right now with current expenses (licensure, examination fees, travel, etc.) but it's a necessary evil.

I do plan to ask for the 3X CLI on my BCP in a couple of days, but I'm not expecting any type of success.  I'm not sure what's in my profile that makes Amex hate me, but I've been turned down three times so far.  And it's now my lowest CL, as all my other cards have 2-4 X the limit.  Oh well... <Shrug> 

Sounds like a plan well thought out and being excuted forth withSmiley Wink

Yes, I have a plan.  Just have to make myself stick with it.  Finishing school has been such a relief, but now I've got to face the certification exam.  Wish me luck!  Smiley Happy

I wish you luck, I have my fingers crossed on both hands and I was trying to cross my toes but got a cramp and had to let that alone lol...can you tell i'm with you all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 53 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@codimom wrote:

Still in the garden..have some lovely blooms.  I was very very tempted to apply for an amazon card...but.. i noticed it was backed by chase, and we all know chase hates me so i cancelled instead of submitted.  so, my spade is still golden, and so is my resolve.

to celebrate the snowy start of May in Colorado, I have made a pitcher of margaritas to pretend im at the beach.... im sharing so come on over.

Pour me one garden member

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 54 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

May club meeting when we're still officially in April...somehow I feel really really bad! LOL.

Long as you're here with us it's ok Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 55 of 2,553
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

77 days in the garden... and loving it.  Gardening in the snow - whodathunk it?  (let me explain that last comment -- we got caught in yet another "spring" snowstorm today, I don't think winter is ever going to leave!)  Pass the doritos, please!

As of tonight's paycheque I have knocked my util% down to 4.5% overall, and 22% on my one card reporting a balance.  That's down $4k in debt since February!  Hoorah!  But it is going to take a bit longer to get rid of that remaining $4.5k.  I have a 3 week vacation coming up in 2 weeks and that usually means adding to my debt.  I am splurging a bit on my golfing and hitting up the venerable Jasper and Banff courses!  Other than that I plan to keep the spending in check.

I am keeping a running analysis of my credit reports, pulling my report approx. every week and looking for nuances in the scoring formula and seeing what every little change gets me.  Last week I app'd for a CLI on AMEX and got bumped up 50% on the CL with even a soft pull.  One credit inquiry reached the one year anniversary so it should have no effect on my score right now.  I will have to wait for the other 2 inquiries to age and fall off.  The effect of the CLI on my overall util and total CL was minimal and so I didn't see any increase in my score. I have calculated that I will see an 2 or 3  point score increase on the 16th of the month based on reduced util% and continuing to pay down the debt.

I went into my TransUnion reports and noticed something very interesting.  As first I was putting the blame on TU for somehow getting a bunch of old (really old) accounts to report again.  Then I checked the dates they were pulled -- ALL of them were dated April 2009 which was when I pre-qualified for my mortgage.  Apparently TU had gone in and re-aged every old account they had on record for me so they could report to the bank.  There were 9 accounts that were re-aged.  All those accounts reporting as closed / paid were counting towards my TU score. So in 2010 my TU score reported an astronomical 855 out of 900.  It has dropped since because of credit inquiries, additional credit lines and higher credit use.  But what gets me thinking now, in 2015 when these aged accounts all fall off at the same time it will have a negative effect on my AAoA.  So with this advanced warning I will have to do as much as possible to let my current accounts age and build my score up and then wait for the inevitable hit.  I will probably get this hit at the same time my mortgage is due for renewal so I need to be prepared.  No, my mortgage is due in 2014 not 2015.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 56 of 2,553
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

I'm going to move out of the graden and I'm going to app for the Chase Freedom tomorrow morning and see what happens. If I'm not approved I'll probably have a visit with my personal banker and ask him to help me get approved or see what he can do at least. At this point, I don't care if they give me a low limit but I'd rather be approved for the card. Also, I plan to go for the Delta card on May 10th. I plan to PC it after a few months into the BCE if this is possible. Other then that, I'll be in the garden. If I'm not approved for either, I'll wait until October and then try again and see what happens. Fingers crossed for tommorow...lol. Also, I have 3 inquires on EX and 2 each on the other two. My scores are 724(TU, I hope they pull this one, but I'm sure it will be EX), 723(EQ), and 715(EX). That's it for now.

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 57 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

I'm going to move out of the graden and I'm going to app for the Chase Freedom tomorrow morning and see what happens. If I'm not approved I'll probably have a visit with my personal banker and ask him to help me get approved or see what he can do at least. At this point, I don't care if they give me a low limit but I'd rather be approved for the card. Also, I plan to go for the Delta card on May 10th. I plan to PC it after a few months into the BCE if this is possible. Other then that, I'll be in the garden. If I'm not approved for either, I'll wait until October and then try again and see what happens. Fingers crossed for tommorow...lol. 

Good luck you know we support youSmiley Wink

And we don't accept move out only leave of absences...Lol fingers crossed

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 58 of 2,553
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

LOL, thanks myjourney. I won't be gone for too long...lol. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 59 of 2,553
NewBreed
New Contributor

My first official month in the garden since i started only a few days ago!

SO it struck me while i was at work today, what to you all do for a living outside of the garden in real life?

Cap One Cash Back UnSecured: 1.5K
Chase Freedom: 2k
Chase Slate: 2k
Discover IT: 1K.
AmEx Green: NPSL
Message 60 of 2,553
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.