Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

@primechicken

The Walmart TU score is a FICO, credit karma is a FAKO. If your denial letter from Walmart listed TU and not internal or application score- then it was also a FICO.
Good luck on that 3x with Amex!
Message 71 of 2,553
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Muchin' on mini-quiches before bed, wonder if I'll dream about pretty pieces of plastic Cat Tongue

Playing silly FICO games with high-balance setting; score recovered from maxxing out my baby Amex, now doing it again post 3X CLI.

Basically idling till my tax lien is resolved, and then onto mortgage in the spring time of 2014; passing time trying to get CLI's to something north of 5K on my SP-CLI tradelines: Amex and Wally.  One more month I think for Wally, a bunch more for Amex.   Ah, 5 more months (and maybe one day?) for my Amex shot.

Prettying up my credit report is one of my few happy progress things in life, ah, gardening = feng shui.

Edit: fell out of my chair last month seeing Wally FICO at 691.  That's utterly ridiculous for my broken credit report...  FICO '08 likes me?

        
Message 72 of 2,553
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@TNTransplant wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

I'm in.

I'll pick up my bronze spade tomorrow, and I'm set for the forseeable future - I don't want/need anything else, and I've now got more cards (and yes, even CL) than I feel comfortable with.  Does anyone know if there's some type of income:CL ratio that is preferred/optimal?  (haven't searched the threads yet - that's a new project).  I am fearful of the pending score drop with the new accounts (PenFed gave me three from one HP in March), and they haven't reported yet. Smiley Surprised

Plan for the year is to pick up my gold spade again and to have all my revolving debt paid off by the end of December.  It's difficult right now with current expenses (licensure, examination fees, travel, etc.) but it's a necessary evil.

I do plan to ask for the 3X CLI on my BCP in a couple of days, but I'm not expecting any type of success.  I'm not sure what's in my profile that makes Amex hate me, but I've been turned down three times so far.  And it's now my lowest CL, as all my other cards have 2-4 X the limit.  Oh well... <Shrug> 

Sounds like a plan well thought out and being excuted forth withSmiley Wink

Yes, I have a plan.  Just have to make myself stick with it.  Finishing school has been such a relief, but now I've got to face the certification exam.  Wish me luck!  Smiley Happy

When did the mortgage get pushed out to?  Also, which certification exam?  Bar / CPA / engineering / other?  Good luck regardless!

        
Message 73 of 2,553
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I fell out last month and picked up a Chase Amazon Visa - shame on me. Did not really need the card but took advantage of a $30 savings on a product that we needed.

$15,000 line so not too bad...  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 74 of 2,553
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

I made it through the whole month gardening yay, now for another I'm paying down quite a lot of my balances this month. Just looking foward to sept when all these accounts are 6 months or more.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 75 of 2,553
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

to help keep me in the garden i thinking about putting a freeze on my files does anyone know if doing so would interfer with myfico quarterly monitoring or scorewatch or similar services?    

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 76 of 2,553
Biraeta
Valued Member

I am in the garden for about 6 months, Plan: let Disocver IT age- Bankrupty falls off in July( cant wait) and then apply for Chase Card and Amex then Im done lol, i do plan on closing Credit One, Matrix and Orchard ( not 100% on that because I want to see if Cap 1 does anything good.) But for now No apps til Nov '13

Jumped out the Garden! But I'm running back with Roses!

Message 77 of 2,553
lithium78
Established Contributor

I'm still in the garden since July 2011, but my score dropped a few points this month.  BoA decided to do a mid-cycle report which screwed up my util.  Hopefully that will be straightened out this month, because I hate losing points for other people's stupidity.  Other than that, everything is peachy.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 78 of 2,553
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

I fell out last month and picked up a Chase Amazon Visa - shame on me. Did not really need the card but took advantage of a $30 savings on a product that we needed.

$15,000 line so not too bad...  Smiley Happy

You only got a $30 savings? When I applied about a month ago I got $50 off my order instantly. Did they change the bonus or did you apply from the Chase website vs applying from Amazon?

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 79 of 2,553
Biraeta
Valued Member

Mega Contributor

‎04-30-2013 06:47 PM

The outside world would be lucky to meet us gardeners. I've caught myself slipping saying I was in the garden to some folks :smileyvery-happy:

I told my freind that I was going in the Garden May 1 inorder to get some rewards cards-she looked at me like I was crazy I just laughed lol.
Jumped out the Garden! But I'm running back with Roses!

Message 80 of 2,553
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.