Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

@memorysketch wrote:

Hey everyone! Just peeking in - maybe this time I can stay awake long enough to do a few threads Smiley LOL I hope everyone's weekend has gone well - ours is going swimmingly, no pun intended. I checked on our aquariums before bed like I do every night - and found 6 baby guppies! Aww so cute. At least I think they're guppies - they don't look like they could be mollies!

Summer is quickly coming and I am SO READY for it! Smiley Very Happy About a week and a half before we go to Myrtle Beach! Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to the garden and enjoy Myrtle Beach

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2151 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@NCGirl wrote:

Today, I offically join the garden club. I picked up three cards so far this year. Amex BCE in March. FNBO Amex in May and Amex Blue for Business in May. My AAOA is about 8 years, may take a slight hit because of new account, but not much, I don't think. My main concern is that I want to be able to get the best interest rate I can get when I apply for my final two cards at the end of the year. So, I'll be checking in on you all for inspiration these next few months.

Welcome to the garden you have had a great year so in as often as you like Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2152 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 2153 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 2154 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@NCGirl

Welcome to the garden club! We are happy to have you!
Message 2155 of 2,553
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@justforting wrote:

Hi everyone, I've decided to join the gardening party! I have just added the gardening date to my siggy. What to do next? I guess I can add the seedling to my siggy now?

Another question is, if I stepped out of the garden, will I be able to maintain the spade that I get by that time? And if I start gardening again, how is the total gardening time calculated? My previous gardening time plus the new one, or only a new gardening period getting started?

Once you apply for credit, a new gardening period is started...  So if you had a silver spade, you would immediately revert back to the seedling...

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2156 of 2,553
vladrad
Contributor

Ok. Did You started gardening period for me ? Smiley Happy

Citi "Diamond Preferred" (1k), Bank of America (12k), Capital One - secured (0.7k), AMEX Green - (5k), Chase Freedom (4.5k), Chase Slate (3.2k), Discover (3,75k), Chase Explorer (19k), Oldnavy (2.2k), Chase Amazon (3k), Orbitz Rewards (8k), Citi Double Cash (10,4k),
Message 2157 of 2,553
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

creeping back in under the fence...

It really is a bad addiction and I really have to stop. I needed a new computer (legit, old one DOA at Geek Squad), so Best Buy approved me @ 0%.  Citi approved me @ 0%. HSBC approved me @ 0%. Sam's approved me and gave me $40 off my purchase.

Sadly, I've had nearly $7,000 in OOP medical expenses for my daughters already this year, so my utilization is uncomfortable right now on the 0% cards, but I'm working on getting the balances down.  I finally succombed to the spreadsheet method of tracking it all as it's getting to be too much to manage otherwise.

I've been spending time every morning in my for real garden, so need to think of my wallet as the same environment, tend, but no need to plant anything else right now.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 2158 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@thankfulheart

No need to creep...bust through the fence! You're family. Lol
Message 2159 of 2,553
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@vladrad wrote:

Ok. Did You started gardening period for me ? Smiley Happy

Each member is responsible for tracking their own gardening "status" and its based off of the "honor system"

However, don't be pressing your luck, as myjourney recently leads the garden club patrol and will round up repeat offenders  gardeners

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2160 of 2,553
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.