Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

@parakleet wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to hear everyone is sticking to their gardening goals. Everyone is sounding very focused and it's certainly inspiring amidst all of the approval posts. It sure was hard to get through the workday after a long weekend. I felt like a zombie today. A small goal for me to look forward to is payday on Friday so that I can put a big dent in my CCs. Also, come June 9th, my inqs from Amex last year will be 1 y.o. I can definitely make it at least until then! 😜

You can make it beyond June 6th Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2301 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

I received an email earlier from AMEX inviting me to apply for the AMEX PRG, which is the card I'm gardening for. I know I probably have a good chance of approval because I'll have 11 months of credit history in June and my AAoA will be 6 months also. I just don't wanna risk getting 3 HPs when I can just wait a little longer and only get 1 HP on EX.

WTG stay strong and that Amex will be yours for one HP

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 2302 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sarkell wrote:
Woohoo it's been 63 days in garden I've decided I'm staying in until march for sure maybe longer I'm liking my card lineup right now not anything new that I need currently except offing one cap1. Happening soon.

63 days and doing just fine ,,,,nice going

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 2303 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@eviLution wrote:

I received an email earlier from AMEX inviting me to apply for the AMEX PRG, which is the card I'm gardening for. I know I probably have a good chance of approval because I'll have 11 months of credit history in June and my AAoA will be 6 months also. I just don't wanna risk getting 3 HPs when I can just wait a little longer and only get 1 HP on EX.

AFAIK, you'll get 3 HP's for your first Amex card. You'll get approved no matter when you apply though. If you're also shooting for an Amex revolver, now's your best chance.

Before I get scolded by all the angry gardeners, no, I'm not advising eviL to leave the garden. Cat Tongue

Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 2304 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 2305 of 2,553
enharu
Super Contributor

I haven't applied for anything since April 12th now! Smiley Surprised

Managed / got forced to stay in here. Im still debating whether to go for the Explorer, but most likely not.....

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2306 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I haven't applied for anything since April 12th now! Smiley Surprised

Managed / got forced to stay in here. Im still debating whether to go for the Explorer, but most likely not.....

Stay strong you can do it

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 2307 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's why you (enharu) are asking about Nordstrom Visa on the other thread!
Message 2308 of 2,553
enharu
Super Contributor

haha i'm curious about the rewards structure thats why!

Is it any better than what shopdiscover / UR mall offers?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2309 of 2,553
rtw
Established Contributor

Day 144 in the garden.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 2310 of 2,553
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.