Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014

yudeology101 wrote:

Oh my....sorry to hear this.  There's no excuse about this, I would loose hell on him if he's my family. 

I know... It's hard to know what to do...  He's leaving as soon as the semester is over, he's gotten a job in Alaska.  It's easier to move forward knowing that this situation WILL change shortly.  His GF is going to continue to stay there until September.  I was the person living there and caring for her until I knew she needed more than I could provide.  I moved out so she could have a live in care provider.  Sadly I don't know think she will get what she needs until September at the earliest Smiley Sad

I'm going to continue to fight to get her a proper live in care provder.

EQ 679 - 05/02/14 (myfico.com, New Model) | Last App 09/02/14 | Goal: 750+ 9/2014
NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Super Contributor

myjourney wrote:

yudeology101 wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

myjourney wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

myjourney wrote:

A angel just floated in ....Heart

Hi ya Sailor how are you?

Not in jail Smiley Very Happy

Lol 

Thank you for not being thereSmiley LOL

I'm upset at a few family members.... One of them I would like to inflict harm on right now...  So........... I guess it's good to avoid the offending party for awhile Smiley Happy

Hello chin up young lady ! 😆

Thanks...  I have a cousin who is 21, living with my grandmother (86yo Parkinson's disease, history of hip fractures), moved his GF in, they do not pay bills, he uses her car, etc.  He also gets PAID to take care of our Grandmother.  It started this weekend.  I went to move her car and got upset at him because it was being treated like a rubish heap.  It's a newer car and TRASHED inside, it smelled, nobody knows when the oil was changed AND the low tire pressure warning light was on and NOBODY has filled the tires much less had them checked for leaks.

Fast forward to today, I had to check in on an insurance issue for Grandma... He was supposed to be taking care of her tonight from 4-8.  I get there at 6:30 she is home alone with a housekeeper who comes once a month, she's sitting in the back bathroom and has peed her pants and has been stuck there for an hour because she can't move on her own (the Parkinson's).  I get her moved, cleaned up, to the toilet, the wheelchair cleaned up, etc.  As I get her back into fresh clothes and back to her wheelchair I find out she hasn't had anything to eat since breakfast...  By this time it's 7:15 still no sign of my cousin.  I run to the kitchen to make her a sandwich.  At 7:30 his sister comes walking in and says "he called me to come take care of Grandma... he says he can't make it...."  Someone SHOULD have been there at 4:00....

I'm angry at him and I'm angry at his parents they live two doors away from my Grandmother and think his behavior is PERFECTLY ok...

Oh my....sorry to hear this.  There's no excuse about this, I would loose hell on him if he's my family. 

Wow not much you can say about this.....2 doors down huh

Wonder why he doesn't stay with his parents and I take it one of them is granny's son or daughter? 

Sorry Sailor OMG

Unfortunately some times parents are the most oblivious to what their kids are like . So sorry but getting involved with family matter usually will not end well. If you are ok with alienating family members then I would go ahead and go off on them :-)

EX Fico 774 3/3/15 Fako 806 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 5/26/15 827 CK fako 807 5/11/15
TU Fico Barclay's/Walmart 5/28/15 798 Fako 808 Creditkarma 5/11/15
Valued Contributor

mongstradamus wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Wonder why he doesn't stay with his parents and I take it one of them is granny's son or daughter? 

Sorry Sailor OMG

Unfortunately some times parents are the most oblivious to what their kids are like . So sorry but getting involved with family matter usually will not end well. If you are ok with alienating family members then I would go ahead and go off on them :-)

Thanks guys for letting me vent Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

His parents are oblivious and live in an alternate reality.  Their house only has two bedrooms and they have the other elderly Grandmother who has Dementia living with them.  They have always been people who see things and handle things differently to say the least.  They are very laid back hippie musicians.  I know they have a full plate. 

My cousin wanted autonomy from his parents, he wanted a place that he could live with his GF.  This seemed like a good idea to him.  But he's never understood or been up for what it means to actually be a care provider.  I am hoping that Alaska will make him man-up Smiley Happy

EQ 679 - 05/02/14 (myfico.com, New Model) | Last App 09/02/14 | Goal: 750+ 9/2014
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Super Contributor

sailor_mercury wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Sorry Sailor OMG

His parents are oblivious and live in an alternate reality.  Their house only has two bedrooms and they have the other elderly Grandmother who has Dementia living with them.  They have always been people who see things and handle things differently to say the least.  They are very laid back hippie musicians.  I know they have a full plate. 

My cousin wanted autonomy from his parents, he wanted a place that he could live with his GF.  This seemed like a good idea to him.  But he's never understood or been up for what it means to actually be a care provider.  I am hoping that Alaska will make him man-up Smiley Happy

Yeah oh well just keep in mind if you plan to say anything , i believe there will be some pretty bad repercussions. 

When my dad passed away i said something to my half sister , which she didn't like and haven't talked to anybody on my dads family since wihch is going to be 5 years this year. Just be wary is all i am saying :-)

EX Fico 774 3/3/15 Fako 806 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 5/26/15 827 CK fako 807 5/11/15
TU Fico Barclay's/Walmart 5/28/15 798 Fako 808 Creditkarma 5/11/15
Valued Contributor

mongstradamus wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Sorry Sailor OMG

Yeah oh well just keep in mind if you plan to say anything , i believe there will be some pretty bad repercussions. 

When my dad passed away i said something to my half sister , which she didn't like and haven't talked to anybody on my dads family since wihch is going to be 5 years this year. Just be wary is all i am saying :-)

Yeah.  I have to tread lightly in family politics...  Hopefully this was an exception and not the rule.  I am hoping he's just young and stupid and will grow out of it.  Hopefully Grandma will have a better situation soon Smiley Happy

HSN Mastecard $3,500
Established Contributor

sailor_mercury wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

myjourney wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

myjourney wrote:

A angel just floated in ....Heart

Hi ya Sailor how are you?

Not in jail Smiley Very Happy

Lol 

Thank you for not being thereSmiley LOL

I'm upset at a few family members.... One of them I would like to inflict harm on right now...  So........... I guess it's good to avoid the offending party for awhile Smiley Happy

Hello chin up young lady ! 😆

Thanks...  I have a cousin who is 21, living with my grandmother (86yo Parkinson's disease, history of hip fractures), moved his GF in, they do not pay bills, he uses her car, etc.  He also gets PAID to take care of our Grandmother.  It started this weekend.  I went to move her car and got upset at him because it was being treated like a rubish heap.  It's a newer car and TRASHED inside, it smelled, nobody knows when the oil was changed AND the low tire pressure warning light was on and NOBODY has filled the tires much less had them checked for leaks.

Fast forward to today, I had to check in on an insurance issue for Grandma... He was supposed to be taking care of her tonight from 4-8.  I get there at 6:30 she is home alone with a housekeeper who comes once a month, she's sitting in the back bathroom and has peed her pants and has been stuck there for an hour because she can't move on her own (the Parkinson's).  I get her moved, cleaned up, to the toilet, the wheelchair cleaned up, etc.  As I get her back into fresh clothes and back to her wheelchair I find out she hasn't had anything to eat since breakfast...  By this time it's 7:15 still no sign of my cousin.  I run to the kitchen to make her a sandwich.  At 7:30 his sister comes walking in and says "he called me to come take care of Grandma... he says he can't make it...."  Someone SHOULD have been there at 4:00....

I'm angry at him and I'm angry at his parents they live two doors away from my Grandmother and think his behavior is PERFECTLY ok...

Hi Sailor

First and foremost, hugs.  You need them.  I can feel it from here. 

Second, I appreciate your situation from a lot of vantage points.  I was the live in caregiver for my brother for several years, until I realized that we BOTH needed to expand our spheres of influence, so to speak.  I also took care of both of my mom's parents before they passed.  It is extremely difficult to imagine that someone you care about won't be properly cared for. 

I'm also a caregiver at an assisted living community.  I work with geriatrics every day and they are truly amazing.  The men and women who share their lives with me have so many stories to share.  I'm sorry that your cousin is oblivious to this. 

As painful as it may be, I encourage you to contact what, in Texas is called "Department of Aging and Disability Services."  Leaving a person like your grandmother alone when it has been deemed that she requires assistance is neglect.  Collecting a paycheck alleging that he's working when he isn't is fraud.  Please, for the sake of your grandmother, don't wait. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks Katie Smiley Happy

I hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy

HSN Mastecard $3,500

Hello,

Just doing a little midnight gardening. Still waiting on Macy's payment to post. They seem slow to process. And their app is thorough but slow. Ugh. Oh well. No other credit news to report. Hope everyone is having pleasant dreams!

Start: 619 (Wally, 9/2013) | Current: 739 (Wally, 6/4/15)
AMEX BCE $13500 | Care Credit $10200 | JCP $8000 | Overstock $5500 | Citi DC WMC $5000 | Discover IT $5000 | Walmart Store $5000 | Amazon Store $5000 | Cap 1 QS $4750 | AMEX Costco TE $3500 | Macy's AMEX $3500 | Sony Card $3250 | Macy's Special Events $2900 | Macy's Revolving $2500 | Sam's Club MC $2500 | CU Visa $2500 | Gold Violin $2050 | Target $1000 | ~~Gardening Since 6/5/15
Valued Contributor

All this gardening is keeping me up way too late... but it will be worth it

MyFico: EX 778 EQ 787 TU 792 Diners Club WEMC 15k Chase United Club Sig 15k | JP Morgan Ritz Carlton Sig 5k | Freedom Sig 5.4k | CSP Sig 5k | Marriott Premier Sig 6k Citi Exec AA WEMC 11k | TYP Sig 5k | Hilton Reserve Sig BofA Trav Rwds Sig 10k | Cash Rwds Sig 10k | Merrill+ Sig 10k Barclay Rwds WMC 5k | Hawaiian Air WEMC 10k | Aviator Red WMC 6k Amex PRG: NPSL | SPG 3k | Costco 1.2k WF Rwds Sig 9k | Propel World Amex 2.5k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k NASA 30k Discover It 2.9k | US Bank Plat 300 | Total Rwds Sig 9k | SG Rwds 9.3k | Walmart MC 6k | Lowe's 17k | Jared 7.6k | Kay 7.6k |McCoys 3k | J Deere 5k | Care Credit 7.6k | Home Depot 14k | Amazon 5k | PayPal SC 5k | Chevron 2.5k | Macy's 1.5k | J Crew 13.75k | +3 Cards
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi fellow Gardeners!!

Back as a seedling, but determined to reach my goals this time.  Had a couple of minor setbacks, but good to go now.  Hope to be a little more active in this portion of the forum.  My goal is no new tradelines until summer of 2016.  Soft pull CLI are okay or automatic (kind of out of my control anyway).  

Happy Gardening!

Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.