Reply
Valued Contributor
sailor_mercury
Posts: 2,369
Registered: ‎12-09-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014


yudeology101 wrote:

Oh my....sorry to hear this.  There's no excuse about this, I would loose hell on him if he's my family. 


I know... It's hard to know what to do...  He's leaving as soon as the semester is over, he's gotten a job in Alaska.  It's easier to move forward knowing that this situation WILL change shortly.  His GF is going to continue to stay there until September.  I was the person living there and caring for her until I knew she needed more than I could provide.  I moved out so she could have a live in care provider.  Sadly I don't know think she will get what she needs until September at the earliest :smileysad:

 

I'm going to continue to fight to get her a proper live in care provder.


EQ 679 - 05/02/14 (myfico.com, New Model) | Last App 05/24/14 | Goal: 750+ 9/2014
NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $3,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Super Contributor
mongstradamus
Posts: 7,499
Registered: ‎06-19-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014


myjourney wrote:

yudeology101 wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

myjourney wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

myjourney wrote:

A angel just floated in ....:heart:

Hi ya Sailor how are you?


Not in jail :smileyvery-happy:


Lol 

Thank you for not being there:smileylol:


I'm upset at a few family members.... One of them I would like to inflict harm on right now...  So........... I guess it's good to avoid the offending party for awhile :smileyhappy:


Hello chin up young lady ! 😆


Thanks...  I have a cousin who is 21, living with my grandmother (86yo Parkinson's disease, history of hip fractures), moved his GF in, they do not pay bills, he uses her car, etc.  He also gets PAID to take care of our Grandmother.  It started this weekend.  I went to move her car and got upset at him because it was being treated like a rubish heap.  It's a newer car and TRASHED inside, it smelled, nobody knows when the oil was changed AND the low tire pressure warning light was on and NOBODY has filled the tires much less had them checked for leaks.

 

Fast forward to today, I had to check in on an insurance issue for Grandma... He was supposed to be taking care of her tonight from 4-8.  I get there at 6:30 she is home alone with a housekeeper who comes once a month, she's sitting in the back bathroom and has peed her pants and has been stuck there for an hour because she can't move on her own (the Parkinson's).  I get her moved, cleaned up, to the toilet, the wheelchair cleaned up, etc.  As I get her back into fresh clothes and back to her wheelchair I find out she hasn't had anything to eat since breakfast...  By this time it's 7:15 still no sign of my cousin.  I run to the kitchen to make her a sandwich.  At 7:30 his sister comes walking in and says "he called me to come take care of Grandma... he says he can't make it...."  Someone SHOULD have been there at 4:00....

 

I'm angry at him and I'm angry at his parents they live two doors away from my Grandmother and think his behavior is PERFECTLY ok...


Oh my....sorry to hear this.  There's no excuse about this, I would loose hell on him if he's my family. 


Wow not much you can say about this.....2 doors down huh

Wonder why he doesn't stay with his parents and I take it one of them is granny's son or daughter? 

Sorry Sailor OMG


Unfortunately some times parents are the most oblivious to what their kids are like . So sorry but getting involved with family matter usually will not end well. If you are ok with alienating family members then I would go ahead and go off on them :-)

 


EX Fico 782 9/25/14 Fako 801 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW 823 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 808 Fako 796 Creditkarma 12/24/2014
Valued Contributor
sailor_mercury
Posts: 2,369
Registered: ‎12-09-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014


mongstradamus wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Wow not much you can say about this.....2 doors down huh

Wonder why he doesn't stay with his parents and I take it one of them is granny's son or daughter? 

Sorry Sailor OMG


Unfortunately some times parents are the most oblivious to what their kids are like . So sorry but getting involved with family matter usually will not end well. If you are ok with alienating family members then I would go ahead and go off on them :-)

 


Thanks guys for letting me vent :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

 

His parents are oblivious and live in an alternate reality.  Their house only has two bedrooms and they have the other elderly Grandmother who has Dementia living with them.  They have always been people who see things and handle things differently to say the least.  They are very laid back hippie musicians.  I know they have a full plate. 

 

My cousin wanted autonomy from his parents, he wanted a place that he could live with his GF.  This seemed like a good idea to him.  But he's never understood or been up for what it means to actually be a care provider.  I am hoping that Alaska will make him man-up :smileyhappy:


EQ 679 - 05/02/14 (myfico.com, New Model) | Last App 05/24/14 | Goal: 750+ 9/2014
NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $3,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Super Contributor
mongstradamus
Posts: 7,499
Registered: ‎06-19-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014


sailor_mercury wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Wow not much you can say about this.....2 doors down huh

Wonder why he doesn't stay with his parents and I take it one of them is granny's son or daughter? 

Sorry Sailor OMG


Unfortunately some times parents are the most oblivious to what their kids are like . So sorry but getting involved with family matter usually will not end well. If you are ok with alienating family members then I would go ahead and go off on them :-)

 


Thanks guys for letting me vent :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

 

His parents are oblivious and live in an alternate reality.  Their house only has two bedrooms and they have the other elderly Grandmother who has Dementia living with them.  They have always been people who see things and handle things differently to say the least.  They are very laid back hippie musicians.  I know they have a full plate. 

 

My cousin wanted autonomy from his parents, he wanted a place that he could live with his GF.  This seemed like a good idea to him.  But he's never understood or been up for what it means to actually be a care provider.  I am hoping that Alaska will make him man-up :smileyhappy:


Yeah oh well just keep in mind if you plan to say anything , i believe there will be some pretty bad repercussions. 

 

When my dad passed away i said something to my half sister , which she didn't like and haven't talked to anybody on my dads family since wihch is going to be 5 years this year. Just be wary is all i am saying :-)


EX Fico 782 9/25/14 Fako 801 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW 823 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 808 Fako 796 Creditkarma 12/24/2014
Valued Contributor
sailor_mercury
Posts: 2,369
Registered: ‎12-09-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014


mongstradamus wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Wow not much you can say about this.....2 doors down huh

Wonder why he doesn't stay with his parents and I take it one of them is granny's son or daughter? 

Sorry Sailor OMG


Unfortunately some times parents are the most oblivious to what their kids are like . So sorry but getting involved with family matter usually will not end well. If you are ok with alienating family members then I would go ahead and go off on them :-)

 


Thanks guys for letting me vent :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

 

His parents are oblivious and live in an alternate reality.  Their house only has two bedrooms and they have the other elderly Grandmother who has Dementia living with them.  They have always been people who see things and handle things differently to say the least.  They are very laid back hippie musicians.  I know they have a full plate. 

 

My cousin wanted autonomy from his parents, he wanted a place that he could live with his GF.  This seemed like a good idea to him.  But he's never understood or been up for what it means to actually be a care provider.  I am hoping that Alaska will make him man-up :smileyhappy:


Yeah oh well just keep in mind if you plan to say anything , i believe there will be some pretty bad repercussions. 

 

When my dad passed away i said something to my half sister , which she didn't like and haven't talked to anybody on my dads family since wihch is going to be 5 years this year. Just be wary is all i am saying :-)


Yeah.  I have to tread lightly in family politics...  Hopefully this was an exception and not the rule.  I am hoping he's just young and stupid and will grow out of it.  Hopefully Grandma will have a better situation soon :smileyhappy:


EQ 679 - 05/02/14 (myfico.com, New Model) | Last App 05/24/14 | Goal: 750+ 9/2014
NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $3,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Established Contributor
Crisis
Posts: 1,028
Registered: ‎02-14-2014
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014


sailor_mercury wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

myjourney wrote:

sailor_mercury wrote:

myjourney wrote:

A angel just floated in ....:heart:

Hi ya Sailor how are you?


Not in jail :smileyvery-happy:


Lol 

Thank you for not being there:smileylol:


I'm upset at a few family members.... One of them I would like to inflict harm on right now...  So........... I guess it's good to avoid the offending party for awhile :smileyhappy:


Hello chin up young lady ! 😆


Thanks...  I have a cousin who is 21, living with my grandmother (86yo Parkinson's disease, history of hip fractures), moved his GF in, they do not pay bills, he uses her car, etc.  He also gets PAID to take care of our Grandmother.  It started this weekend.  I went to move her car and got upset at him because it was being treated like a rubish heap.  It's a newer car and TRASHED inside, it smelled, nobody knows when the oil was changed AND the low tire pressure warning light was on and NOBODY has filled the tires much less had them checked for leaks.

 

Fast forward to today, I had to check in on an insurance issue for Grandma... He was supposed to be taking care of her tonight from 4-8.  I get there at 6:30 she is home alone with a housekeeper who comes once a month, she's sitting in the back bathroom and has peed her pants and has been stuck there for an hour because she can't move on her own (the Parkinson's).  I get her moved, cleaned up, to the toilet, the wheelchair cleaned up, etc.  As I get her back into fresh clothes and back to her wheelchair I find out she hasn't had anything to eat since breakfast...  By this time it's 7:15 still no sign of my cousin.  I run to the kitchen to make her a sandwich.  At 7:30 his sister comes walking in and says "he called me to come take care of Grandma... he says he can't make it...."  Someone SHOULD have been there at 4:00....

 

I'm angry at him and I'm angry at his parents they live two doors away from my Grandmother and think his behavior is PERFECTLY ok...


Hi Sailor

 

First and foremost, hugs.  You need them.  I can feel it from here. 

 

Second, I appreciate your situation from a lot of vantage points.  I was the live in caregiver for my brother for several years, until I realized that we BOTH needed to expand our spheres of influence, so to speak.  I also took care of both of my mom's parents before they passed.  It is extremely difficult to imagine that someone you care about won't be properly cared for. 

 

I'm also a caregiver at an assisted living community.  I work with geriatrics every day and they are truly amazing.  The men and women who share their lives with me have so many stories to share.  I'm sorry that your cousin is oblivious to this. 

 

As painful as it may be, I encourage you to contact what, in Texas is called "Department of Aging and Disability Services."  Leaving a person like your grandmother alone when it has been deemed that she requires assistance is neglect.  Collecting a paycheck alleging that he's working when he isn't is fraud.  Please, for the sake of your grandmother, don't wait. 

Valued Contributor
sailor_mercury
Posts: 2,369
Registered: ‎12-09-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014

Thanks Katie :smileyhappy:

 

I hope you are doing well. :smileyhappy:


EQ 679 - 05/02/14 (myfico.com, New Model) | Last App 05/24/14 | Goal: 750+ 9/2014
NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $3,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
SunriseEarth
Posts: 4,847
Registered: ‎08-12-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014

Hello,

Just doing a little midnight gardening. Still waiting on Macy's payment to post. They seem slow to process. And their app is thorough but slow. Ugh. Oh well. No other credit news to report. Hope everyone is having pleasant dreams!

Start: 619 (Wally, 9/2013) | Current: 669 (Wally, 12/8/14), 703 (EQ myFICO 8/13/14)
Care Credit $10200 | JCP $5000 | Walmart Store $5000 | Amazon Store $5000 | AMEX BCE $4500 | Overstock $4300 | Cap 1 QS1 $4000 | AMEX Costco TE $3500 | Macy's Special Events $2900 | Macy's Revolving $2500 | CU Visa $2500 | Sony Card $2500 | Macy's AMEX $1500 | Citi DC WMC $1200 | Merrick $1200 | VS $1150 | Gold Violin $1150 | Target $1000 | ~~Gardening Since 12/23/14
Valued Contributor
One7
Posts: 2,155
Registered: ‎07-24-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014

All this gardening is keeping me up way too late... but it will be worth it

MyFico Current Scores: EX 758 EQ 787 TU 723 Diners Club WEMC 15k | Chase United Club Sig: 15k | JP Morgan Ritz Carlton Sig 5k | Freedom Sig 5.4k | CSP Sig 5k | Marriott Premier Sig 6k | Citi Exec AA WEMC 11k | TYP Sig 5k | Hilton Reserve Sig | BofA Trav Rwds Sig 10k | Cash Rwds Sig 10k | Merrill+ Sig 10k | Barclay Rwds WMC 5k | Hawaiian Air WEMC 7k | US Airways Premier WMC 6k | Amex PRG: NPSL | SPG 3k | Costco 1.2k | Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | NASA 30k | Total Rwds Sig 8k | SG Rwds 8.8k | Walmart MC 4k | Discover It 1.4k | Dillards Amex 2k | US Bank Plat 300 | Lowe's 8.5k | Jared 7.6k | Kay 7.6k | J Deere 5k | CareCredit 6.6k | Home Depot 14k | Amazon 4.75k | PayPal SC 4k | Chevron 2.5k | Macy's 1.5k | J Crew 9.2k | +4 Cards
New Contributor
Bluebonnet
Posts: 104
Registered: ‎07-16-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014

[ Edited ]

Hi fellow Gardeners!!

 

Back as a seedling, but determined to reach my goals this time.  Had a couple of minor setbacks, but good to go now.  Hope to be a little more active in this portion of the forum.  My goal is no new tradelines until summer of 2016.  Soft pull CLI are okay or automatic (kind of out of my control anyway).  

 

Happy Gardening!



Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}