Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - May 2014

tag
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2014

@yudeology101 wrote:

Oh my....sorry to hear this.  There's no excuse about this, I would loose hell on him if he's my family. 

I know... It's hard to know what to do...  He's leaving as soon as the semester is over, he's gotten a job in Alaska.  It's easier to move forward knowing that this situation WILL change shortly.  His GF is going to continue to stay there until September.  I was the person living there and caring for her until I knew she needed more than I could provide.  I moved out so she could have a live in care provider.  Sadly I don't know think she will get what she needs until September at the earliest Smiley Sad

I'm going to continue to fight to get her a proper live in care provder.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 2081 of 2,799
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

A angel just floated in ....Heart

Hi ya Sailor how are you?

Not in jail Smiley Very Happy

Lol 

Thank you for not being thereSmiley LOL

I'm upset at a few family members.... One of them I would like to inflict harm on right now...  So........... I guess it's good to avoid the offending party for awhile Smiley Happy

Hello chin up young lady ! 😆

Thanks...  I have a cousin who is 21, living with my grandmother (86yo Parkinson's disease, history of hip fractures), moved his GF in, they do not pay bills, he uses her car, etc.  He also gets PAID to take care of our Grandmother.  It started this weekend.  I went to move her car and got upset at him because it was being treated like a rubish heap.  It's a newer car and TRASHED inside, it smelled, nobody knows when the oil was changed AND the low tire pressure warning light was on and NOBODY has filled the tires much less had them checked for leaks.

Fast forward to today, I had to check in on an insurance issue for Grandma... He was supposed to be taking care of her tonight from 4-8.  I get there at 6:30 she is home alone with a housekeeper who comes once a month, she's sitting in the back bathroom and has peed her pants and has been stuck there for an hour because she can't move on her own (the Parkinson's).  I get her moved, cleaned up, to the toilet, the wheelchair cleaned up, etc.  As I get her back into fresh clothes and back to her wheelchair I find out she hasn't had anything to eat since breakfast...  By this time it's 7:15 still no sign of my cousin.  I run to the kitchen to make her a sandwich.  At 7:30 his sister comes walking in and says "he called me to come take care of Grandma... he says he can't make it...."  Someone SHOULD have been there at 4:00....

I'm angry at him and I'm angry at his parents they live two doors away from my Grandmother and think his behavior is PERFECTLY ok...

Oh my....sorry to hear this.  There's no excuse about this, I would loose hell on him if he's my family. 

Wow not much you can say about this.....2 doors down huh

Wonder why he doesn't stay with his parents and I take it one of them is granny's son or daughter? 

Sorry Sailor OMG

Unfortunately some times parents are the most oblivious to what their kids are like . So sorry but getting involved with family matter usually will not end well. If you are ok with alienating family members then I would go ahead and go off on them :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2082 of 2,799
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Wonder why he doesn't stay with his parents and I take it one of them is granny's son or daughter? 

Sorry Sailor OMG

Unfortunately some times parents are the most oblivious to what their kids are like . So sorry but getting involved with family matter usually will not end well. If you are ok with alienating family members then I would go ahead and go off on them :-)

Thanks guys for letting me vent Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

His parents are oblivious and live in an alternate reality.  Their house only has two bedrooms and they have the other elderly Grandmother who has Dementia living with them.  They have always been people who see things and handle things differently to say the least.  They are very laid back hippie musicians.  I know they have a full plate. 

My cousin wanted autonomy from his parents, he wanted a place that he could live with his GF.  This seemed like a good idea to him.  But he's never understood or been up for what it means to actually be a care provider.  I am hoping that Alaska will make him man-up Smiley Happy

HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 2083 of 2,799
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Sorry Sailor OMG

His parents are oblivious and live in an alternate reality.  Their house only has two bedrooms and they have the other elderly Grandmother who has Dementia living with them.  They have always been people who see things and handle things differently to say the least.  They are very laid back hippie musicians.  I know they have a full plate. 

My cousin wanted autonomy from his parents, he wanted a place that he could live with his GF.  This seemed like a good idea to him.  But he's never understood or been up for what it means to actually be a care provider.  I am hoping that Alaska will make him man-up Smiley Happy

Yeah oh well just keep in mind if you plan to say anything , i believe there will be some pretty bad repercussions. 

When my dad passed away i said something to my half sister , which she didn't like and haven't talked to anybody on my dads family since wihch is going to be 5 years this year. Just be wary is all i am saying :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2084 of 2,799
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Sorry Sailor OMG

Yeah oh well just keep in mind if you plan to say anything , i believe there will be some pretty bad repercussions. 

When my dad passed away i said something to my half sister , which she didn't like and haven't talked to anybody on my dads family since wihch is going to be 5 years this year. Just be wary is all i am saying :-)

Yeah.  I have to tread lightly in family politics...  Hopefully this was an exception and not the rule.  I am hoping he's just young and stupid and will grow out of it.  Hopefully Grandma will have a better situation soon Smiley Happy

HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 2085 of 2,799
Crisis
Established Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

A angel just floated in ....Heart

Hi ya Sailor how are you?

Not in jail Smiley Very Happy

Lol 

Thank you for not being thereSmiley LOL

I'm upset at a few family members.... One of them I would like to inflict harm on right now...  So........... I guess it's good to avoid the offending party for awhile Smiley Happy

Hello chin up young lady ! 😆

Thanks...  I have a cousin who is 21, living with my grandmother (86yo Parkinson's disease, history of hip fractures), moved his GF in, they do not pay bills, he uses her car, etc.  He also gets PAID to take care of our Grandmother.  It started this weekend.  I went to move her car and got upset at him because it was being treated like a rubish heap.  It's a newer car and TRASHED inside, it smelled, nobody knows when the oil was changed AND the low tire pressure warning light was on and NOBODY has filled the tires much less had them checked for leaks.

Fast forward to today, I had to check in on an insurance issue for Grandma... He was supposed to be taking care of her tonight from 4-8.  I get there at 6:30 she is home alone with a housekeeper who comes once a month, she's sitting in the back bathroom and has peed her pants and has been stuck there for an hour because she can't move on her own (the Parkinson's).  I get her moved, cleaned up, to the toilet, the wheelchair cleaned up, etc.  As I get her back into fresh clothes and back to her wheelchair I find out she hasn't had anything to eat since breakfast...  By this time it's 7:15 still no sign of my cousin.  I run to the kitchen to make her a sandwich.  At 7:30 his sister comes walking in and says "he called me to come take care of Grandma... he says he can't make it...."  Someone SHOULD have been there at 4:00....

I'm angry at him and I'm angry at his parents they live two doors away from my Grandmother and think his behavior is PERFECTLY ok...

Hi Sailor

First and foremost, hugs.  You need them.  I can feel it from here. 

Second, I appreciate your situation from a lot of vantage points.  I was the live in caregiver for my brother for several years, until I realized that we BOTH needed to expand our spheres of influence, so to speak.  I also took care of both of my mom's parents before they passed.  It is extremely difficult to imagine that someone you care about won't be properly cared for. 

I'm also a caregiver at an assisted living community.  I work with geriatrics every day and they are truly amazing.  The men and women who share their lives with me have so many stories to share.  I'm sorry that your cousin is oblivious to this. 

As painful as it may be, I encourage you to contact what, in Texas is called "Department of Aging and Disability Services."  Leaving a person like your grandmother alone when it has been deemed that she requires assistance is neglect.  Collecting a paycheck alleging that he's working when he isn't is fraud.  Please, for the sake of your grandmother, don't wait. 

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 2086 of 2,799
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Thanks Katie Smiley Happy

I hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy

HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 2087 of 2,799
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Hello,

Just doing a little midnight gardening. Still waiting on Macy's payment to post. They seem slow to process. And their app is thorough but slow. Ugh. Oh well. No other credit news to report. Hope everyone is having pleasant dreams!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2088 of 2,799
One7
Valued Contributor

All this gardening is keeping me up way too late... but it will be worth it

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 2089 of 2,799
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

Hi fellow Gardeners!!

Back as a seedling, but determined to reach my goals this time.  Had a couple of minor setbacks, but good to go now.  Hope to be a little more active in this portion of the forum.  My goal is no new tradelines until summer of 2016.  Soft pull CLI are okay or automatic (kind of out of my control anyway).  

Happy Gardening!

Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Message 2090 of 2,799
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.