Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - November 2012

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - November 2012

Here I am, in the garden.  Yes, app free.  Sitting here just enjoying the dirt.  LOL

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 51 of 287
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Poppin in to say hi!  Haven't been around since May.  My goal back then was to garden until Oct.   Still app free since the beginning of Apri.  I did incur an unexpected HP in August when I requested a CLI on one of my Citi cards. Smiley Surprised And it was declined. Smiley Mad

I weeded out my Cap 1 when the AF came due.  My Gap VISA received a $2300 auto CLI. Smiley Happy  Must have just happened in the last few days.  GE has truly been generous. Still no luv from Barclays though.

My new goal is to stay in the garden until Jan/Feb.   I would like to switch my AMEX to a BCE/BCP before the AF comes due.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 52 of 287
LesWH
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

I was involuntarily yanked out of the garden!!! i applied for an Amex green card and was denied on Oct. 11, 2012. Amex did another HP on Oct. 31, 2012 which i did not ask for and then sent me an approval email. Do I have to start over???

**bleep**? did you have any other Amex cards? probably not since they only soft you if your declined once you have a Amex product. I dunno potentially you could sue them, but hey I think the relationship with Amex is more important in a lifetime than a $1,000 check.

I agree about the relationship with Amex!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 53 of 287
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

A few times I was tempted but nope... no apps.

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 54 of 287
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

Just checking in for this month.  Will be in the garden for at least 12 more days.  Then I'll have to get a little (not so fresh) inside of a bank air.  Gonna try to pick up a personal loan, to pay off an old defaulted student loan.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 55 of 287
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Entering the garden for the first time...October involved closing on a house and a spate of apps with my shiny new scores, but now I am finished to let the garden grow and watch the new balances from home ownership purchases shrink. I think I pushed my app spree to far anyway, so lesson learned. The garden is a very happy place!

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 56 of 287
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

officially in garden till 2014 ....after my Amex and Discover it approvals........time to cultivate

Message 57 of 287
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Garden Club Meeting - November 2012

Priceless is in the house! LOL

Trying to hold out until April 2013. That depends on if I need to open another revolving card. I am seeing in a lot of forums stating it is best to have a minimum 3 revolving accounts and I only have 2. But as of today, my last hard pulls was June 2012 and thankful both pulls were approved and I have to credit cards.

I also am trying to find out what is considered a good credit limit. I have a 500 secured limit and a 1000 unsecured limit.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 58 of 287
lithium78
Established Contributor

It was an interesting end of October here in NJ.  We were hit by Hurricane Sandy and I've been without power or heat for nearly five days now.  BoA is offering CLIs for people affected by the storm, but I haven't requested one because I don't know if it is a hard or soft pull.  It would be nice to have a CLI just in case it is needed.

Earlier in the month, I got auto CLIs on my Discover ($1000 making the new limit $2700) and Walmart Discover ($2500 CLI to $4500).  That was nice since it gives me some backup if the situation here requires it.

I really hope we get our power back soon.  It's been so cold here. (45 degrees last night)

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 59 of 287
asp123
Valued Member

Just got a score watch alert. Score is up 4points,  whoooo hoooo! Gardening is Fruitful!!

Starting Score: 9/2012 - 609
Current Score: 11/9/2012 TU 620 11/9/2012 EQ 591
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 60 of 287
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.