Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - November 2012

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - November 2012

I dated a guy that bought a 5k hdtv on his best buy account when it first came out. 2 years later he was still paying for the Tv and I was able to buy one for cash from a guy that needed funds fast for 500 bucks. His was a 52 inch mine was a 47 inch.

He carried an amex and made fun of me for carrying a discover card. The relationship didn't last Smiley Wink
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 71 of 287
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Isanham wrote:

Ahhh the iPad mini!  

The perfect birthday present for junior! 

'Click here for credit application'

Must... resist...the...temptation.....

Resisted the urge.  Set up a payment to AMEX prepaid and will get product protection and essentially pay cash for it in two weeks.  Will still get the iPad mini almost 2 weeks before his birthday.  

God save the spade!

wise choice

LOL! at God save the spade!

Message 72 of 287
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@asp123 wrote:

MODERATORS:  Something funky going on with my sig...how can I fix it!?!?! Smiley Happy

Fixed.

Message 73 of 287
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

It was an interesting end of October here in NJ.  We were hit by Hurricane Sandy and I've been without power or heat for nearly five days now.  BoA is offering CLIs for people affected by the storm, but I haven't requested one because I don't know if it is a hard or soft pull.  It would be nice to have a CLI just in case it is needed.

Earlier in the month, I got auto CLIs on my Discover ($1000 making the new limit $2700) and Walmart Discover ($2500 CLI to $4500).  That was nice since it gives me some backup if the situation here requires it.

I really hope we get our power back soon.  It's been so cold here. (45 degrees last night)

Wow.  Glad you are getting through it and hope you get your power soon.  Maybe you could use one of your CLIs to get a gasoline generator.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 74 of 287
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Still with my butt planted in said garden with the amazing mini-quiches; my FICO has flatlined at 643 so it's a pretty good reminder not to get too excited about some things, though there was an improvement in the scores on, wait for it... Credit Karma! Cat Tongue

Been paying a lot more attention to other things in my life lately and that seems to have helped with the non-trivial itching that I had last month, pretty much just going to play with reported balances for the next few months as far as FICO goes for giggles and that's about it though I am hoping for a bump in Jan/Feb where a number of tradelines kick over the 1 year mark and the lion's share of my inquiries drop out of the scoring equation.

Still chasing the dream of a mortgage next summer/fall; till then or if the dream falls apart, hanging here.

        
Message 75 of 287
Epcot
Valued Contributor

One of my balances updated bringing my util from 78% down to 38% and my EQ score jumped nearly 50 points! I have two more balances that have yet to update but should bring my util well below 30%.
One inq also dropped off leaving me with 3, one over a year old and two from february.
I am fighting the urge to app for Walmart and Disney cards. It's a struggle, but I am holding off until later this month or next month.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 76 of 287
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

I am definitely in the garden and I'm not coming out for a VERY long time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 77 of 287
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

im not spending more then i can chew. but i almost feel bad now not pif if it ever came to that. 

i have enough to make everything 0 but thatll leave me with about 100 dollars in my checking account. 

all of my cards are 0 due because they are all new charges expect my zync which is due by the 15th. which i will pif even new charges. 

get paid every friday. 

should i let a couple balances report? and have more cash in checking? 

move over from savings? 

thoughts opinions? 

why do i feel bad leaving a balance? lol 

its not like i get charged interest unless i let it report 2 months in a row without pif. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 78 of 287
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

im not spending more then i can chew. but i almost feel bad now not pif if it ever came to that. 

i have enough to make everything 0 but thatll leave me with about 100 dollars in my checking account. 

all of my cards are 0 due because they are all new charges expect my zync which is due by the 15th. which i will pif even new charges. 

get paid every friday. 

should i let a couple balances report? and have more cash in checking? 

move over from savings? 

thoughts opinions? 

why do i feel bad leaving a balance? lol 

its not like i get charged interest unless i let it report 2 months in a row without pif. 

I let balances report on two of my cards, BoA and SDFCU, which are the cards I use daily.  BoA is on a 0% promotion, so I will let that report and take my time paying it.  SDFCU I usually pay in full, but I don't bother to catch it right before the statement because I use it every day and have been lately putting some large purchases on it.  My scores are barely effected by having these two cards report decent balances ($2500+ sometimes).  My creditors are not complaining.  I don't need any other cards at this point in time.  I would just let the your cards report.  If you see a drop in your score and want to apply for new credit soon, then just pay it off the next month before the statement.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 79 of 287
iCoop
Regular Contributor

I'm firmly in the garden until I hit the diamond spade (24 months) at which point my credit reports will be clear of the 2 negative PIF tradelines I currently have showing. According to myFICO my TU and EQ scores will both be in the 760-790 range at this time if I refrain from new inquiries, tradelines, etc. I just pulled my scores yesterday from myFICO, they are listed in my sig.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 80 of 287
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.