Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - November 2013

@Focused Ask MJ.
 photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Message 101 of 5,680
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Got my silver last month just gonna be a quiet month in the garden.
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 102 of 5,680
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Stonemanmv wrote:
Hey y'all happy Friday!! Gotta luv the weekendSmiley Happy

Hey there!

Weekens are good!

Message 103 of 5,680
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:
Got my silver last month just gonna be a quiet month in the garden.

If  I missed you - congrats on the silver! Keep up the good work!

Message 104 of 5,680
Rikku
Regular Contributor

Is it really November? Can't tell here, since it's been in the 70s every day! I want to wear my cute boots!!! And sweaters!

I'm due for my bronze spade on the 5th! My goals for Nov:

1) I am IMPATIENTLY waiting for the result of my TU dispute, which is due on the 10th. EX and EQ have both removed the inaccurate item, so I expect that TU will as well, which should send my TU score well into the 'excellent' range with the other two. I shouldn't be so antsy because I don't need new credit, but I want to see what my sparkly new TU report NOW, LOL!

2) I'm also waiting for a reply to from Discover SLs about double-reporting of my account that they took over from Citi SLs (one 30-day late on the account, but it's reported twice due to the double reporting). I expect that I'll hear back from them next week or the following week. I'm more patient about this one because it's not affecting my score much, but I ultimately want it fixed just on principle.

3) Making a big payment towards the first SL that we're tackling, which is BY FAR the highest interest rate of any that we have. I'll be glad to get rid of it - which should happen next June if we keep to the plan!

4) Not directly CS-related, but as my monthly goal in my 'Year of Financial Goals' (Sept was to check my CR!), this month's goal is clean up the mess of old 401Ks from previous employers. Wish me luck!

5) Depending on how the rest of this goes, I MAY try to PC a couple CCs this month (one of mine and one of DH's), but I may pace myself and do it next month, as it's not critical.
Message 105 of 5,680
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone! Man, the garden thread is kicking it this evening! Looking forward to the social. Just spend $700 on car repairs Smiley Frustrated but hey, with an old car, this is my version of car payments. Used the Discover to get some cash back. I've hit my goal on my chase UR points (200k!) so for now, it's mighty nice to get cash money! Smiley LOL

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 106 of 5,680
myjourney
Super Contributor

On behalf of the GC club

Welcome To The Gardens Friday Night social Event

New Orleans Theme Night

Garden rules apply

No Drapping Allowed

Respect Everyone's Opinion

Drink responsibly in the virtual world as well as in the real world

Have fun

Tonight's Topic : Open Forum ....answer a question or ask a question.

If you're new to the garden and would like to know something about the garden or have questions please ask.

If we can't answer it we will point you in the right direction.

Everyone is different so everyone's answer will be different …..

How much credit is enough and what are you taking to achieve it?

Tonight's Menu

Gumbo

Shrimp po boys

Shrimp salad

Drink Menu

Hurrican's & Daiquiri's

Non alcoholic drinks available

Don't see what you want ask your server

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 107 of 5,680
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Smiley Surprised

Message 108 of 5,680
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

LOL Really happy for you MJ you deserve it. Smiley LOL

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 109 of 5,680
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Rikku wrote:
Is it really November? Can't tell here, since it's been in the 70s every day! I want to wear my cute boots!!! And sweaters!

I'm due for my bronze spade on the 5th! My goals for Nov:

1) I am IMPATIENTLY waiting for the result of my TU dispute, which is due on the 10th. EX and EQ have both removed the inaccurate item, so I expect that TU will as well, which should send my TU score well into the 'excellent' range with the other two. I shouldn't be so antsy because I don't need new credit, but I want to see what my sparkly new TU report NOW, LOL!

2) I'm also waiting for a reply to from Discover SLs about double-reporting of my account that they took over from Citi SLs (one 30-day late on the account, but it's reported twice due to the double reporting). I expect that I'll hear back from them next week or the following week. I'm more patient about this one because it's not affecting my score much, but I ultimately want it fixed just on principle.

3) Making a big payment towards the first SL that we're tackling, which is BY FAR the highest interest rate of any that we have. I'll be glad to get rid of it - which should happen next June if we keep to the plan!

4) Not directly CS-related, but as my monthly goal in my 'Year of Financial Goals' (Sept was to check my CR!), this month's goal is clean up the mess of old 401Ks from previous employers. Wish me luck!

5) Depending on how the rest of this goes, I MAY try to PC a couple CCs this month (one of mine and one of DH's), but I may pace myself and do it next month, as it's not critical.

You've got a sound plan - stick t it.

Message 110 of 5,680
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.