Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Highlighted
Established Member
Posts: 54
Registered: ‎07-10-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Still in the garden ... going for the Silver this month!!

Smiley WinkNo apps until January ...Atleast!!



Fako Ex: 743, Fako Eq: 734 Fako TU: 748
I'm BACK in the Garden (App free since 01/02/2013)

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 436
Registered: ‎09-08-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Still here, and by Halloween I'll have my silver spade!
I'm gonna bring in a bottle of white Godiva liquor to go with my hot cocoa and watch my seedlings grow and grow!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,672
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


codimom wrote:

Still here, and by Halloween I'll have my silver spade!
I'm gonna bring in a bottle of white Godiva liquor to go with my hot cocoa and watch my seedlings grow and grow!


Caution: Alcohol may trigger app sree Smiley Happy




Regular Contributor
Posts: 171
Registered: ‎06-15-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

I'm still here. Pass a Hefeweizen, as this waiting is driving me nuts.

 

Still gardening my lil' patio garden (2 secured cards) and joined a CU a couple of weeks ago. Take that, Big Evil Banking Entity! My biggest derogs were four defaulted student loans that I have been patiently rehabbing since January. I made my ninth rehab payment 9/17, and am waiting for them to be picked up & put back into non-default status. I checked the Default Resolution Group's website over the weekend, and they are reporting a zero balance - fingers crossed that means I've been picked up! Am still on track to be debt-free by June 2013.

In other news, have tentatively taken first steps toward researching a home purchase. Have a friend who's a realtor, who has been kind enough to answer some questions over lunch. Have an appointment with a mortgage broker, who knows my rebuilding process and is going to at least give me some advice. Homes are cropping up in the neighborhood I want that are definitely within reach for me financially....I'm not pulling the trigger on that anytime soon but it's at least nice to dream & start working toward that goal. Now all I have to do is stay patient, and don't rush into anything too quickly.



Frequent Contributor
Posts: 258
Registered: ‎06-10-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Greetings all. This is my first foray into the garden. My last apps were on 7/30 (Amex: approved for Zync NPSL; Chase: denied, but on recon, found out I wasn't blacklisted). So, I guess I've already been in the garden for a couple months without really trying.

My short term goal has been to get to 700 (which is a long way from the 617 I had back in June). between my backdated Amex and my most recent late payments aging past the 1-year mark, my score has reached 668. With overall util around 40%, I should be able to come close to my goal once I get those balances back down close to zero next month.

I've already started to see the fruits of my gardening: just last week, Wells Fargo spontaneously gave me a CLI from $3000 to $4200.

My long-term goal is to buy a house in the next 18 months or so. I don't think I'll be able to get my scores up to that magic 760 by then, but I'll happily settle for 720, which should be attainable. In the mean time, I don't have any burning desire for new credit. Down the road, I may try again to get back in with Chase, but for now, I have more credit than I need; it's kind of nice having one card in the sock drawer.

Starting Score: 617 (EQ 6/10/12)
Current Score (8/28/13): EQ: 691 EX: 706 TU: 700
Goal Score: 700

Discover it $4,500 (02/2001); Amex PRG (Backdated to 01/2006); Amex ZYNC (Backdated to 07/2006); Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa $5,500 (12/2011); Citi Diamond Preferred MC $2,000 (07/2012); B of A Cash Rewards Visa Signature $5,000 (02/2013)

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 436
Registered: ‎09-08-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Okay, I'll make sure I put the laptop down whilst drinking during Monday Night football Smiley Happy

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Established Contributor
Posts: 930
Registered: ‎07-30-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Well, I'm still in the garden, but I'm edging toward leaving the garden to get a credit union credit card due to my ongoing unemployment.  It hasn't come to it yet and I've been holding off on any apps because I want to get a mortgage next year, but I've been unemployed for three months now so I have to take every possibility into consideration.  If it becomes necessary, I'd rather have to carry a balance on a high CL, low interest credit union credit card rather than my high interest rewards cards.

 

I'm still clutching my platinum spade right now, though, and I really don't want to have to lose it. :-(


Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

@lithium sorry to hear about your unemploymant status, I hope you get back in the nb field ASAP!!!

Your financial well being trumps a spade anyday, do what you gotta do!



Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎02-08-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


lithium78 wrote:

Well, I'm still in the garden, but I'm edging toward leaving the garden to get a credit union credit card due to my ongoing unemployment.  It hasn't come to it yet and I've been holding off on any apps because I want to get a mortgage next year, but I've been unemployed for three months now so I have to take every possibility into consideration.  If it becomes necessary, I'd rather have to carry a balance on a high CL, low interest credit union credit card rather than my high interest rewards cards.

 

I'm still clutching my platinum spade right now, though, and I really don't want to have to lose it. :-(


I wish you the best in finding a job!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Established Contributor
Posts: 930
Registered: ‎07-30-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


Tommy5746 wrote:

lithium78 wrote:

Well, I'm still in the garden, but I'm edging toward leaving the garden to get a credit union credit card due to my ongoing unemployment.  It hasn't come to it yet and I've been holding off on any apps because I want to get a mortgage next year, but I've been unemployed for three months now so I have to take every possibility into consideration.  If it becomes necessary, I'd rather have to carry a balance on a high CL, low interest credit union credit card rather than my high interest rewards cards.

 

I'm still clutching my platinum spade right now, though, and I really don't want to have to lose it. :-(


I wish you the best in finding a job!!


Thanks!  All those politicians who say that unemployed people are just lazy have no idea what they are talking about.  I've been trying to find a job that will pay the bills for 3 months and I've had 7 interviews and no offers.  The competition is so fierce, especially in my field (education), which has faced drastic layoffs over the past four years.  I really want to be careful not to screw up my credit.


Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.