Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

tag
Radio_Radiation
Established Member

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Still in the garden ... going for the Silver this month!!

Smiley WinkNo apps until January ...Atleast!!

Fako Ex: 743, Fako Eq: 734 Fako TU: 748
I'm BACK in the Garden (App free since 01/02/2013)

Message 11 of 338
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Still here, and by Halloween I'll have my silver spade!
I'm gonna bring in a bottle of white Godiva liquor to go with my hot cocoa and watch my seedlings grow and grow!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 12 of 338
CS800
Super Contributor

@codimom wrote:

Still here, and by Halloween I'll have my silver spade!
I'm gonna bring in a bottle of white Godiva liquor to go with my hot cocoa and watch my seedlings grow and grow!

Caution: Alcohol may trigger app sree Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still here. Pass a Hefeweizen, as this waiting is driving me nuts.

Still gardening my lil' patio garden (2 secured cards) and joined a CU a couple of weeks ago. Take that, Big Evil Banking Entity! My biggest derogs were four defaulted student loans that I have been patiently rehabbing since January. I made my ninth rehab payment 9/17, and am waiting for them to be picked up & put back into non-default status. I checked the Default Resolution Group's website over the weekend, and they are reporting a zero balance - fingers crossed that means I've been picked up! Am still on track to be debt-free by June 2013.

In other news, have tentatively taken first steps toward researching a home purchase. Have a friend who's a realtor, who has been kind enough to answer some questions over lunch. Have an appointment with a mortgage broker, who knows my rebuilding process and is going to at least give me some advice. Homes are cropping up in the neighborhood I want that are definitely within reach for me financially....I'm not pulling the trigger on that anytime soon but it's at least nice to dream & start working toward that goal. Now all I have to do is stay patient, and don't rush into anything too quickly.

Message 14 of 338
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Greetings all. This is my first foray into the garden. My last apps were on 7/30 (Amex: approved for Zync NPSL; Chase: denied, but on recon, found out I wasn't blacklisted). So, I guess I've already been in the garden for a couple months without really trying.

My short term goal has been to get to 700 (which is a long way from the 617 I had back in June). between my backdated Amex and my most recent late payments aging past the 1-year mark, my score has reached 668. With overall util around 40%, I should be able to come close to my goal once I get those balances back down close to zero next month.

I've already started to see the fruits of my gardening: just last week, Wells Fargo spontaneously gave me a CLI from $3000 to $4200.

My long-term goal is to buy a house in the next 18 months or so. I don't think I'll be able to get my scores up to that magic 760 by then, but I'll happily settle for 720, which should be attainable. In the mean time, I don't have any burning desire for new credit. Down the road, I may try again to get back in with Chase, but for now, I have more credit than I need; it's kind of nice having one card in the sock drawer.
Message 15 of 338
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Okay, I'll make sure I put the laptop down whilst drinking during Monday Night football Smiley Happy

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 16 of 338
lithium78
Established Contributor

Well, I'm still in the garden, but I'm edging toward leaving the garden to get a credit union credit card due to my ongoing unemployment.  It hasn't come to it yet and I've been holding off on any apps because I want to get a mortgage next year, but I've been unemployed for three months now so I have to take every possibility into consideration.  If it becomes necessary, I'd rather have to carry a balance on a high CL, low interest credit union credit card rather than my high interest rewards cards.

I'm still clutching my platinum spade right now, though, and I really don't want to have to lose it. :-(

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 338
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lithium sorry to hear about your unemploymant status, I hope you get back in the nb field ASAP!!!

Your financial well being trumps a spade anyday, do what you gotta do!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 338
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

Well, I'm still in the garden, but I'm edging toward leaving the garden to get a credit union credit card due to my ongoing unemployment.  It hasn't come to it yet and I've been holding off on any apps because I want to get a mortgage next year, but I've been unemployed for three months now so I have to take every possibility into consideration.  If it becomes necessary, I'd rather have to carry a balance on a high CL, low interest credit union credit card rather than my high interest rewards cards.

I'm still clutching my platinum spade right now, though, and I really don't want to have to lose it. :-(

I wish you the best in finding a job!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 338
lithium78
Established Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

I wish you the best in finding a job!!

Thanks!  All those politicians who say that unemployed people are just lazy have no idea what they are talking about.  I've been trying to find a job that will pay the bills for 3 months and I've had 7 interviews and no offers.  The competition is so fierce, especially in my field (education), which has faced drastic layoffs over the past four years.  I really want to be careful not to screw up my credit.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.