Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Still here. Coming up on two months in a few days.
Message 21 of 338
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

still in the garden as of sept will be lowering uti to under 10 percent this month hopefully no apps 4 me.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 22 of 338
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

adore Oktoberfest!  Bratwurst and German beer, mini-quiches shall be sidelined for this month long snacking extravagence in the garden!  Though kicked it off early with a very good Hefeweizen: Lightning Thunderweizen which was definitely in the style of many German beers albeit brewed in Socal.  Good times.  Not quite Live Oak but tasty anyway.

Gardening this round started 9/18, extremely pleased (ecstatic even) with the results of the last round of gardening obtaining my goal FICO score for the year, and also my goal credit/charge card for the year, and a ludicrously good auto loan refinance so am in a good spot leading up to a possible mortgage in '13.  Also there's a good chance my BOFA secured card graduates this month as it'll tick over it's birthday, looking forward to that possibility.

Currently tending in the garden:

Sprouts: (6-12 months)

BOFA 1-2-3 CashRewards - Secured

Capital One nee Orchard

DCU Visa secured

USAA secured CD loan

Seedlings: (<6 months)

DCU auto loan

Amex Zync (!)

Future goals:

Mortgage ready by 6/13

Amex BCP 1/14 or sometime after mortgage closes

Some random Chase card here same time as BCP, maybe CSP. 

        
Message 23 of 338
CS800
Super Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

Well, I'm still in the garden, but I'm edging toward leaving the garden to get a credit union credit card due to my ongoing unemployment.  It hasn't come to it yet and I've been holding off on any apps because I want to get a mortgage next year, but I've been unemployed for three months now so I have to take every possibility into consideration.  If it becomes necessary, I'd rather have to carry a balance on a high CL, low interest credit union credit card rather than my high interest rewards cards.

I'm still clutching my platinum spade right now, though, and I really don't want to have to lose it. :-(

I wish you the best in finding a job!!

Thanks!  All those politicians who say that unemployed people are just lazy have no idea what they are talking about.  I've been trying to find a job that will pay the bills for 3 months and I've had 7 interviews and no offers.  The competition is so fierce, especially in my field (education), which has faced drastic layoffs over the past four years.  I really want to be careful not to screw up my credit.

That said it all. They don;t know what they are talking about. I have a friend who was in the Radar testing field at Raytheon still unemployed with a Masters Degree. IT's been 8 months for him. He took some additional training on several programs and still nothing. The competition out there is brutal. I think he went to like 12 interviews. I feel for you.

Good luck in your search.

Message 24 of 338
jeduhi
Contributor

I am new to the garden and strive to be here for at least a year waiting for HPs and baddies to fall off.
Message 25 of 338
vngouiowa
Valued Member

Waiting for cli with Boa 1 2 3 next month and Amex BCP woo hooo.........

Message 26 of 338
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Hi my name is Funk and I'm a credit-aholic. I'm here for my white chip..

What's that? That meeting is next door? Oh sorry.

Actually this is my first garden club meeting since rebuilding my credit over the last year. I mean I gardened my first card for over a year when I started out but that was before I knew what gardening even was. I just knew I needed to have a card and take care of it a while so one day I could buy a house. Well that card (Orchard) just got cancelled and cut up cause I'm in prime land now and my score is in the 730's !  I have three good prime cards and I just got my first car financed in over 15 years by Toyota for 5% so I've reached my credit goals for now and it's time to resist the urges for a while and garden my 5 TL's. After all the apping and auto loan shopping I've got 4 hards on my reports and my TL's are mostly new and even though my score is high nobody is really anxious to give me the premium cards I'm looking at now anyway (Starwood, Sapphire Preferred) because of all my new credit and inquiries. I was hoping for a good travel card  to garden along with these so I could use the intro points for some fall and winter traveling but it's really just too soon for a premium card for me.

But my credit has soared in the last year and I'm exactly where I wanted to be so thanks guys and hand me a Brat and Heffy! I'll just spend these next months researching cars and how to max out rewards points and fly free! BTW (off topic) I just figured out you can transfer ultimate rewards points between chase cards. So that means I can milk my Freedom card points and transfer that to a Sapphire Preferred and from there turn those into airline miles at 1:1.25 per points in some cases! So yea plenty of time for reading and planing.. maniacle laugh...maniacle laugh...

Message 27 of 338
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@lithium78 wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

Well, I'm still in the garden, but I'm edging toward leaving the garden to get a credit union credit card due to my ongoing unemployment.  It hasn't come to it yet and I've been holding off on any apps because I want to get a mortgage next year, but I've been unemployed for three months now so I have to take every possibility into consideration.  If it becomes necessary, I'd rather have to carry a balance on a high CL, low interest credit union credit card rather than my high interest rewards cards.

I'm still clutching my platinum spade right now, though, and I really don't want to have to lose it. :-(

I wish you the best in finding a job!!

Thanks!  All those politicians who say that unemployed people are just lazy have no idea what they are talking about.  I've been trying to find a job that will pay the bills for 3 months and I've had 7 interviews and no offers.  The competition is so fierce, especially in my field (education), which has faced drastic layoffs over the past four years.  I really want to be careful not to screw up my credit.

Please allow me to add my voice in support, as well. I hope that you find a job soon, and I hope that it's a good one. My best wishes to you.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 28 of 338
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I'm still waiting to see where my scores settle after all of my new little seedlings have finished taking root. I'm still waiting for Discover to report. When my first statement closed, there were already charges on it and I didn't have enough time to pay them and post a zero balance. But, I PIF'd right after, so when my next statement cuts I should have a zero balance, and I hope that this is what will report when it finally hits the CRAs.

My EQ score has taken a beating from the new accounts. Part of it is inqs and new credit ding, but part of it is because of statement cycle and reporting issues. Last month I had my Amex charge reporting a balance along with a tiny ($24) balance on my Cap1 Visa; all my other cards reported $0, and all was right with the world. As of today, I have that $24 balance still showing, a $12 balance from my DD using my Cap1 MC as an AU (last minute charges posted just as statement cut), a $234 balance on my BoA Visa Signature (once again, I had a charge come through right before statement cut), and my Amex charges for the month. And, the charges for the oral surgery on my Citi card reported. So, I'm being dinged on having too many cards with balances. Not to worry -- with the exception of the Citi card I've paid these down to $0; I've paid 1/3 of the balance on the Citi card, as per my plan to have it paid off by the end of November. And now that I know the statement dates, I can make sure to keep my cards at $0 before they report. Well, except for DD's charges, so I might just let hers be the one credit card that reports a balance from here on out.

So, even though my EQ has fallen out of the 700s, I'm sure that I'll be back up there again after this month's reporting. I'm happy that my TU is still in the 700s, though. In short, I'm working on getting my garden settled into a stable pattern with regard to statements and reported balances, and I hope to be fully back in the 700 club soon.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 29 of 338
toppers555
Established Contributor

I am entering the garden for first time. I think it the only way for me to get out of low limit hell. I"ll make a post in another thread about my credholic ways as I do not want to high jack this thread with my sins of 15 active tradelines and 10+ inquires .

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 30 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.