Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 233
Registered: ‎05-12-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


MyCreditSucksTheMost wrote:

After only 50 days with my walmart card they doubled my limit to $1000. I'm so excited, this will cure my app itch for awhile.

 

So, I will continue to garden, and grow...


Hearing stuff like that irks me.  I've had my walmart card, with flawless history, for like 4 or 5 years.  And I'm only at a $700 limit.  They shoot me down for CLIs, even though I have another GE card at $2000.  I need to call their underwriting, and see what the deal is.  My TransUnion FICO is around 670.

Last Hard Pull 05/24/2013

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: AmEx EX: 700 Walmart TU: 711 EQ: 699
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 740!!


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,882
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


gijoe4500 wrote:

MyCreditSucksTheMost wrote:

After only 50 days with my walmart card they doubled my limit to $1000. I'm so excited, this will cure my app itch for awhile.

 

So, I will continue to garden, and grow...


Hearing stuff like that irks me.  I've had my walmart card, with flawless history, for like 4 or 5 years.  And I'm only at a $700 limit.  They shoot me down for CLIs, even though I have another GE card at $2000.  I need to call their underwriting, and see what the deal is.  My TransUnion FICO is around 670.


They just CLId me from $500 to $800. All I did was mention the 18 month 0% financing offer and since it was for purchases of $429 or more it would basically max out my card. Said I wanted a new television and I asked for 800 dollars, she put me on hold for a minute came back and said "Congratulations, your new limit is effective immediately!"

;
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 297
Registered: ‎08-08-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

13 more days and I will have a month of being app FREE!!! I am sooo proud of myself!....4-5 more to go before I can request CLIs for the cards I currently have!

 

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Posts: 233
Registered: ‎05-12-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


jsucool76 wrote:

They just CLId me from $500 to $800. All I did was mention the 18 month 0% financing offer and since it was for purchases of $429 or more it would basically max out my card. Said I wanted a new television and I asked for 800 dollars, she put me on hold for a minute came back and said "Congratulations, your new limit is effective immediately!"


 

I play on doing something similar when I get a day off from work.  I want to call them up, and tell them I would like to purchase a big screen tv, laptop, etc in the near future. See what kind of increase I can get.  I'd love to have it in the $1500-2000 range.  I don't really ever plan on using the card for anything other than for the discount at the gas pumps, but the increase would be nice for overall utilitization. 

Last Hard Pull 05/24/2013

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: AmEx EX: 700 Walmart TU: 711 EQ: 699
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 740!!


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,296
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


jsucool76 wrote:

gijoe4500 wrote:

MyCreditSucksTheMost wrote:

After only 50 days with my walmart card they doubled my limit to $1000. I'm so excited, this will cure my app itch for awhile.

 

So, I will continue to garden, and grow...


Hearing stuff like that irks me.  I've had my walmart card, with flawless history, for like 4 or 5 years.  And I'm only at a $700 limit.  They shoot me down for CLIs, even though I have another GE card at $2000.  I need to call their underwriting, and see what the deal is.  My TransUnion FICO is around 670.


They just CLId me from $500 to $800. All I did was mention the 18 month 0% financing offer and since it was for purchases of $429 or more it would basically max out my card. Said I wanted a new television and I asked for 800 dollars, she put me on hold for a minute came back and said "Congratulations, your new limit is effective immediately!"


i did the same. 

said i wanted to get 2 big screen tv's in the "future" being the relative term. 

asked fro 3k from 800 and they granted it next day. (told me they would send me a letter.) and i have no notifications it was a hard pull. 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Contributor
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎07-02-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Im all in! Smiley Very Happy
USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,063
Registered: ‎05-26-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

I'm ready to garden.  I just finished a spree of sorts - closed USAA Secured MC (1500)  (they wouldn't unsecure), added Walmart Discover (1200) and First Tech VISA (5000).  New Ford Credit 0% loan for 2012 car, paid off NFCU Auto loan, $12K NFCU personal loan for home improvements.

 

I'm hittling three years from BK discharge with ample credit lines, low utilization, and 14 inquiries each CRA (mostly due to home buying finally closed in April).

 

I'm not quite to 700 but with time and patience (a year without hard inquiries?) I should get there.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,691
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


RockinRay wrote:

tcbofade wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

tcbofade wrote:

Good morning boys and girls.

 

I'm still here, and still behaving myself.

 

My utilization isn't really dropping any yet...and inquiries continue to age...slowly...2010 wasn't bad, and 2012 hasn't been too awful, but I had a LOT of inq's in 2011 that are going to take a while to age off...

 

No real itch, just a bit bored...somebody pass me a Budweiser...


No comments today!  Smiley Happy

 


That's probably a good thing...  Smiley Tongue

 


Smiley Happy Don't ya just hate people like me - that always bug you! Smiley Happy

 


Not a bit.  I appreciate someone with more knowledge, experience and better credit scores rooting me on...

 

...although, I will confess that the thought of a hairy legged cheer leader kinda weirds me out.  Smiley Tongue

 

58 days app free.  No real itch, no firm plans to app for anything anytime soon.

 

Current Scores: EX: 615, TU08: 639, EQ: 607. 04/01/2015.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,960
Registered: ‎08-13-2007
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


tcbofade wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

tcbofade wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

tcbofade wrote:

Good morning boys and girls.

 

I'm still here, and still behaving myself.

 

My utilization isn't really dropping any yet...and inquiries continue to age...slowly...2010 wasn't bad, and 2012 hasn't been too awful, but I had a LOT of inq's in 2011 that are going to take a while to age off...

 

No real itch, just a bit bored...somebody pass me a Budweiser...


No comments today!  Smiley Happy

 


That's probably a good thing...  Smiley Tongue

 


Smiley Happy Don't ya just hate people like me - that always bug you! Smiley Happy

 


Not a bit.  I appreciate someone with more knowledge, experience and better credit scores rooting me on...

 

...although, I will confess that the thought of a hairy legged cheer leader kinda weirds me out.  Smiley Tongue

 

58 days app free.  No real itch, no firm plans to app for anything anytime soon.

 


LOL! You guys are still doing just great - keep at it!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Regular Contributor
Posts: 233
Registered: ‎05-12-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

No apps for me either.  And due to my work schedule 7a to 7p, 7 days a week, I don't even have the time to call up underwriting at any cards, to try to talk my way into a CLI. I guess that's not a bad thing.  The cash from all the hours, will help me get my util back down to under 9%.  Only carrying a balance on 2 cards.  Home Depot is still in its 0% APR time frame, and my RBFCU card only has 9% interest.  Need to hurry up and get them both paid off though.

Last Hard Pull 05/24/2013

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: AmEx EX: 700 Walmart TU: 711 EQ: 699
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 740!!


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.