Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Today marks two months of gardening for me! One more month and I'll be able to upgrade my bronze spade to silver! Smiley Happy

No app itches at all. I'm still exquisitely happy with the set of cards that I picked up a couple of months ago and am so pleased with my overall collection. I'm in such a better place now than I was two years ago. The information and support from these forums helped to make that possible and I'm deeply grateful. I can't express how wonderful it feels to have completed a successful rebuild. Now to continue on with sound habits that I've been practicing so that I can enjoy further the benefits of having good credit!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 291 of 338
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@iFICO wrote:

Greetings all!

I am officially in the garden.  (Actually I've been gardening since last December when I apped for my Freedom card - but I didn't really participate in the forums as much but now Im going to share what I have learned with others just discovering the forums)

A little about me - 

Like many of you I found this forum because my credit was in disarray.  With the advice I found here, I was able to clean up my reports, get my finances in order, and build a strong history.  I have gone from low 600's to over 800 in 2 1/2 years and now have all the prime cards I need.  I couldn't have done it with myFico forums  I would never have known about Amex backdating, GW requests from creditors, or difference between FAKO and FICO. And I'd probably still be paying out the backside in AF for subprime cards.  Thanks to all who have contributed.  

Now I'm officially in garden mode after receiving a cli from Pen Fed and taking a HP to do so!   Nothing more until mid-2013! 

That's a wonderful thing, indeed! Congratulations, and best wishes for your continued success. Welcome to the Garden!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 292 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

Today marks two months of gardening for me! One more month and I'll be able to upgrade my bronze spade to silver! Smiley Happy

No app itches at all. I'm still exquisitely happy with the set of cards that I picked up a couple of months ago and am so pleased with my overall collection. I'm in such a better place now than I was two years ago. The information and support from these forums helped to make that possible and I'm deeply grateful. I can't express how wonderful it feels to have completed a successful rebuild. Now to continue on with sound habits that I've been practicing so that I can enjoy further the benefits of having good credit!

Congrats tinuviel Smiley Happy  Happy gardening!! 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 293 of 338
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Hello all...i am new to the forums and decided to join the Garden Club... applied for a best buy card at the beginning of the month and got denied for too many inquiries so decided to stop applying for credit until some of those inquiries fall off (12 on TU...25 on EX...19 on EQ) i...i recently purchased a home and vehicle in the past 8 months and i am just going to let my credit age. Had been rebuilding my credit in the past year. I have learned alot from what i have read here...thank you all for providing alot of information about credit...Smiley Happy

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 294 of 338
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Congrats tinuviel.

I have my first moths in a couple of days and it is itching less and less every day. Soon I will head to Germany to our headquarters, this will help also. And 2013 will be a whole new issue Smiley Very Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 295 of 338
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

Found out yesterday, why some of my student loans have been verified as defaulted even after my rehab.  A couple of my loans were not picked up in the rehab!  So I still have 2 defaulted federal student loans on my account, as well as 2 unpaid defaulted private student loans (Key Bank).  This could put a major damper on my plans of purchasing a house next summer!!!   So, I think I'm going to go ahead and spend an inq in Nov or Dec to work out with a loan officer if i'll qualify, and if I won't qualify, what steps I'll need to take to get me there.

According to the bureaus, the Key Bank stuff is scheduled to fall off 4/2013.  Aside from the student loan stuff, all I have on my report is a paid charge-off with First Premier, which should also fall off sometime before June.

Thoughts, fellow gardeners?

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 296 of 338
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Hello,

My name is Duncan.  Its been exactly 40 days since the last time I drapped.  Its tuff.  I open my cabinet in the kitchen and see my drapping cup collecting dust and it seems like its mocking me.  The cup holds so much promise but I have to lay off the sauce.  So many temptations.  I see people here with 40, 50, 60 inquires or more on their credit reports and scoff.  How could they get to that point.  That will never be me.  Really 80 inquires on your reports.  I just laugh.

Then I go back to my kitchen and see my drapping cup...unused and so inviting.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 297 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

Hello all...i am new to the forums and decided to join the Garden Club... applied for a best buy card at the beginning of the month and got denied for too many inquiries so decided to stop applying for credit until some of those inquiries fall off (12 on TU...25 on EX...19 on EQ) i...i recently purchased a home and vehicle in the past 8 months and i am just going to let my credit age. Had been rebuilding my credit in the past year. I have learned alot from what i have read here...thank you all for providing alot of information about credit...Smiley Happy

Welcome to MyFico forums!!

Welcome to the club! Take good care of your newly planted seedlings, and you'll lay the foundation for a solid credit future. Best wishes to you on your journey. :smileyhappy:

Congrats on the new home and car!

FICO 9:

Message 298 of 338
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I made a transparent version of the seedling image, since it looks best without a white background. Feel free to take the image for the Garden:

Message 299 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:

Hello,

My name is Duncan.  Its been exactly 40 days since the last time I drapped.  Its tuff.  I open my cabinet in the kitchen and see my drapping cup collecting dust and it seems like its mocking me.  The cup holds so much promise but I have to lay off the sauce.  So many temptations.  I see people here with 40, 50, 60 inquires or more on their credit reports and scoff.  How could they get to that point.  That will never be me.  Really 80 inquires on your reports.  I just laugh.

Then I go back to my kitchen and see my drapping cup...unused and so inviting.

Or 90 inquiries....  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Application-status-line/td-p/1661180

FICO 9:

Message 300 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.