Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


LS2982 wrote:

tinuviel wrote:

Got another score alert today -- 3 point boost to my EQ score! :smileyhappy:

 

Now that everything has had a chance to report, and I've been able to fall into the rhythm of the billing cycles and reporting pattens of my new cards, things are starting to settle down. I paid a major chunk on my Citi card and it just reported for the month, so my util on that card is looking better. I'm looking foward to my BoA reporting this month. It's a Visa signature, so it reports high balance instead of credit limit. Now that I've established a high balance and have paid it off, that should also be a plus when it updates on my reports.

 

I'm enjoying the view in the garden and am pleased to see my scores rebounding.


Your doing an awesome job Tinu!!! WTG!!!

 

I feel so bad not getting it together and sticking in here, been all over the place with INQ's lately.

 


 

I feel this way too! I applied for mortgage refi; auto loan; and navcheck. :smileysad:

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

[ Edited ]

webhopper wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

tinuviel wrote:

Got another score alert today -- 3 point boost to my EQ score! :smileyhappy:

 

Now that everything has had a chance to report, and I've been able to fall into the rhythm of the billing cycles and reporting pattens of my new cards, things are starting to settle down. I paid a major chunk on my Citi card and it just reported for the month, so my util on that card is looking better. I'm looking foward to my BoA reporting this month. It's a Visa signature, so it reports high balance instead of credit limit. Now that I've established a high balance and have paid it off, that should also be a plus when it updates on my reports.

 

I'm enjoying the view in the garden and am pleased to see my scores rebounding.


Your doing an awesome job Tinu!!! WTG!!!

 

I feel so bad not getting it together and sticking in here, been all over the place with INQ's lately.

 


 

I feel this way too! I applied for mortgage refi; auto loan; and navcheck. :smileysad:

Yeah, I'm a loser, too... :smileyfrustrated:

 

However, your apps were all driven by what I call "a need to live."  You didn't do anything that didn't fit your long-term financial goals/needs, and that's OK in my book. :smileyhappy:

 

I, on the other hand, picked up 5 new cards in August/Sept and completely lost my way - indiscriminate apping is not my friend.  Of those 5, I will probably be closing at least 2 after I've had them for one year (absolutely of no use to me, and I have no idea why I did it).

 

I have around 16 revolving lines right now, and it's way too many to keep track of; by this time next year, I plan to prune about half of those down to a more manageable number of 7-8 cards.  My primary criteria for purging the bottom-feeders will be to rid myself of any that don't serve a specific purpose, and any with credit lines less than $5000.  If they won't grow with me in the garden, then I will have no use for them.

 

On a positive note for me, I do get my bronze spade back tomorrow - it's a start. :smileyhappy: 

 


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 402
Registered: ‎09-08-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Yay for your new bronze spade!

Im still gardening my little patch of seedlings.  My impatience is in the wait for my scores to start going up again.  its frustrating because the AMEX creditscore service has not changed ONE BIT in the 3 months ive had it, but my FICO from here went down 15points after my last approval and up 10 since then... that 700 is sooooooo close i can see it, but cant quite reach it yet.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,266
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


codimom wrote:

Yay for your new bronze spade!

Im still gardening my little patch of seedlings.  My impatience is in the wait for my scores to start going up again.  its frustrating because the AMEX creditscore service has not changed ONE BIT in the 3 months ive had it, but my FICO from here went down 15points after my last approval and up 10 since then... that 700 is sooooooo close i can see it, but cant quite reach it yet.


is your signature up to date?if your app free to july i think your spade is not the right color =)

Current: Discover Fico 701 3/15 Walmart Fico 684 1/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 5 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 03/23/2015
Over 12 Months:6


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
15% right now, but going up soon :smileysad:
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6400
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


TNTransplant wrote:

webhopper wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

tinuviel wrote:

Got another score alert today -- 3 point boost to my EQ score! :smileyhappy:

 

Now that everything has had a chance to report, and I've been able to fall into the rhythm of the billing cycles and reporting pattens of my new cards, things are starting to settle down. I paid a major chunk on my Citi card and it just reported for the month, so my util on that card is looking better. I'm looking foward to my BoA reporting this month. It's a Visa signature, so it reports high balance instead of credit limit. Now that I've established a high balance and have paid it off, that should also be a plus when it updates on my reports.

 

I'm enjoying the view in the garden and am pleased to see my scores rebounding.


Your doing an awesome job Tinu!!! WTG!!!

 

I feel so bad not getting it together and sticking in here, been all over the place with INQ's lately.

 


 

I feel this way too! I applied for mortgage refi; auto loan; and navcheck. :smileysad:

Yeah, I'm a loser, too... :smileyfrustrated:

 

However, your apps were all driven by what I call "a need to live."  You didn't do anything that didn't fit your long-term financial goals/needs, and that's OK in my book. :smileyhappy:

 

I, on the other hand, picked up 5 new cards in August/Sept and completely lost my way - indiscriminate apping is not my friend.  Of those 5, I will probably be closing at least 2 after I've had them for one year (absolutely of no use to me, and I have no idea why I did it).

 

I have around 16 revolving lines right now, and it's way too many to keep track of; by this time next year, I plan to prune about half of those down to a more manageable number of 7-8 cards.  My primary criteria for purging the bottom-feeders will be to rid myself of any that don't serve a specific purpose, and any with credit lines less than $5000.  If they won't grow with me in the garden, then I will have no use for them.

 

On a positive note for me, I do get my bronze spade back tomorrow - it's a start. :smileyhappy: 

 


 

The navcheck is questionable; but it is nice to write my contractor a check instead of making him pay credit card swipe fees and I will be keeping this account long term. I absolutely would not be buying a car if my other one hadn't been totalled out. And I wouldn't be refinancing if FHA hadn't done a complete overhaul on the streamline refinance program with rates being historically low and out of pocket expenses also being historically low. Perfect storm I guess. All my accounts will be new and I will probably lose two years on my aaoa... after I had brought it above 6 again in August. It sucks to fail at gardening!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Just picked up my bronze spade - one month down! :smileyt...

Just picked up my bronze spade - one month down! :smileytongue:


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,266
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: Just picked up my bronze spade - one month down! :smileyt...


TNTransplant wrote:

Just picked up my bronze spade - one month down! :smileytongue:


congrats! 

 

1 more day down till my next spade. 

updated everytime i sign on. =)

Current: Discover Fico 701 3/15 Walmart Fico 684 1/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 5 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 03/23/2015
Over 12 Months:6


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
15% right now, but going up soon :smileysad:
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6400
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 10,898
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012


TNTransplant wrote:

tinuviel wrote:

Got another score alert today -- 3 point boost to my EQ score! :smileyhappy:

 

Now that everything has had a chance to report, and I've been able to fall into the rhythm of the billing cycles and reporting pattens of my new cards, things are starting to settle down. I paid a major chunk on my Citi card and it just reported for the month, so my util on that card is looking better. I'm looking foward to my BoA reporting this month. It's a Visa signature, so it reports high balance instead of credit limit. Now that I've established a high balance and have paid it off, that should also be a plus when it updates on my reports.

 

I'm enjoying the view in the garden and am pleased to see my scores rebounding.


Nice going, tinu!  :smileyhappy:

 

I'll pick up my bronze spade tomorrow - uprooting the seedling and on to bigger and better things in the garden.

 

Odd thing about my BoA siggy Visa - it's reporting with high balance on the EQ and TU, but EX still shows it with a credit limit.  I did a large balance transfer to this card for this very reason, and while it's worked out well for EQ/TU the high utilization is not doing me any favors on EX.  Let me know how yours reports on EX, if you don't mind... 


@TNT: Oooh, thanks!  That's a good idea for me in the future, two birds with the price of one at some point when I aggregate some silly amount of expenses in a given month just to drive high balance... especially if I have a BOFA card and they haven't changed their policies.

 

@Tinu: Grats and thank you for your example as always!

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Just picked up my bronze spade - one month down! :smileyt...


TNTransplant wrote:

Just picked up my bronze spade - one month down! :smileytongue:


 

Congrats on this!!!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎01-02-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

i am back in Garden after just getting amex costco :smileyhappy:

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.