Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

OK, so the love button on my amazon card has been telling me that I need to call a number to ask for an increase... well for some reason I am mortified to call.  So I finally get the nerve to call, and I ask for a $700 increase. 

I get to the part where it asks for my income. And I state it.  Then the system hung up on me Smiley Sad 

I don't know if I can go through that again Smiley Sad  completely mortifying

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 311 of 338
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

GE is a soft pull go for it!

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 312 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@gijoe4500 wrote:

I went for it, they countered Smiley Happy

I went from $400 to $800...  That's great since I've only charged a total of  $29 on the card so far... LOL

I applied for it after getting the 7 day message on my Chase amazon app.. which was later approved.

Update:  did the same thing for JCPenney... they didn't counter.  I went from $1100 > $2400

FICO 9:

Message 313 of 338
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@gijoe4500 wrote:

I went for it, they countered Smiley Happy

I went from $400 to $800...  That's great since I've only charged a total of  $29 on the card so far... LOL

I applied for it after getting the 7 day message on my Chase amazon app.. which was later approved.

Update:  did the same thing for JCPenney... they didn't counter.  I went from $1100 > $2400

Very nice on the SP CLIs.... Smiley Happy

It's month four for me next month, so I will be trying all 3 of mine (Walmart, Amazon, PayPal). 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 314 of 338
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

I need to give my walmart card some usage.  even if its just a tank of gas.  I wanna start generating statements, so they'll let me do the online CLI.  When I do use the card, i PIF too soon, so its hard to get to that "4th statement".

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 315 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@gijoe4500

I've had amazon card since january. I've only had 1 statement, because I made a 29 dollar purchase.

The jcpenney card has had 2 statements this year. The account was opened in 2003 and was miraculously still open but inactive when I resurrected it in april.
FICO 9:

Message 316 of 338
qtcbcute
Contributor

@qtcbcute wrote:

Had to remove my spade, but for what I consider a good reason.  Had been wanting to close two Orchard Bank cards which only had a limit of $600 each.  I wanted to app for a Chase Freedom and last night I did just that. Was approved with a limit of $3000. In addition, I also received a CLI on my Dillards card to $3000.  I'm very excited by these turn of events and I know that I wouldn't have the knowledge or the confidence if it were not for these forums. I repeat everything I learn to anyone who would listen (mostly just my sister) and she says, "what are you now, some kind of credit guru?" No, not yet but I plan to keep learning everything I can to stay financially healthy. Thanks to everyone who share their stories and offer advice. Day one in the garden....

So update on my previous post....I figured since I app'd for the Chase Freedom, i might as well try for the Discover and two nights later I did. Was approved for....wait for it....$6000!!!! Oh yeah, I'm on cloud nine! Now I'm feeling myself and decide to call Chase and see if they would match my Discover CL, and....wait for it....THEY DID!!! I am SO in the garden and again, thanks to everyone with their stories and good advice. Pass along the knowledge...it works!

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 317 of 338
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Still gardening, Beacon 5.0 score has flatlined at 643 for the past few months, ah well.  Looking back at my plan with more experience, I think I should've applied for a CLI-chaser card (GE-backed something or other) to have something more short-term than the theoretical mortgage to look forward to from a credit building perspective.

I suppose it could be worse as at least I am barely over the minimum mortgage underwriting hurdle with that score Smiley Wink.

Trying to build some measuring sticks in the rest of my life other than my finances, hopefully that'll keep me on track towards my goals.

        
Message 318 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@qtcbcute

Congrats on getting 12k in new credit with great companies Smiley Happy

Gardening is awesome!
FICO 9:

Message 319 of 338
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Howdy, howdy boys and girls. 

I'm still here, just awfully busy.

DW lost her job 03 August, so the last few months have been a real challenge for us...our util is going in the WRONG direction...

The good news is that she starts a new job 01 November, so there IS light at the end of the tunnel, but it seems awfully far away.

No Apps since 08 August...I'm about two weeks shy of my silver spade...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 320 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.