cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

tag
JL421

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

I might as well pick up my gloves and join in the garden for a while.

Message 331 of 338
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Well folks, been here about a month but may be leaving.  Emailed Chase Executive offices a while back and heard from them today about my Freedom limit (my lowest limit card by far) and she said she would look into it and get back to me, but it would likely be a hard pull :-(  We'll see....

Message 332 of 338
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Well folks, been here about a month but may be leaving.  Emailed Chase Executive offices a while back and heard from them today about my Freedom limit (my lowest limit card by far) and she said she would look into it and get back to me, but it would likely be a hard pull :-(  We'll see....

thats what im worried about. 

i will be asking after my one year mark. (july) 

not my lowest card but equal to it.(2 cards at 500) 

kohls is my lowest at 400. will only be a year in jan though. 

62 days strong. 

spade i got my eyes on you!

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 333 of 338
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Came out of the garden a few weeks ago for instant approval on the Citi AA Visa/AmEx (with 1 pull) and decided to take one more hit in October. Refinanced my auto loan through my credit union from 5.99% to 2.39% and also grabbed a low interest CC (for an emergency). All instnat approvals after gardening since May. Now back to the Garden for another few months. My house is on the maket so guessing a mortgage will be the next thing I apply for when it's time for a new house. Having the instant approvals this month were great. Nice to not have to recon or anything.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 334 of 338
YahComb
Established Contributor

well, i stepped out today. CLI'd my BOA from 3K to 6K today via luv button, instantly. I last asked for an increase on july 7th, from 1.2K to 3K. A Bit surprised it was an instant decision online since that makes it my highest limit now, and ive opened a couple accounts that are only about to turn 3 months in november, and not even 4 months between increases.

Originally i was going to wait until jan or feb 2013 but i know eventually i want to go for that US Bank Cash+, and i probably won't have the profile get approved for it within the next 6-9 months, escpecially without many 5K lines. so i might as well take the inquiry on TU-least likely to be pulled for me anyways-so i dont have too much activity going on within 6 months of apping for the Cash+.

I still plan on going for an AMEX revolver early next year though, MY only thing is what to do about Discover.  I passed 6 months and 6 statements in september, but they wanted to HP without a counter offer(trying for 3K increase, 2K increase, 1.5K increase) but i was dead set on staying inq free at least until january. Last attempt was a few weeks ago in this month. I think will wait a bit for the BOA cli to report, then ill try with discover once more, hoping they will match the paypal now that its only my 3rd highest. I think discover will pull TU too-if so then i will not be too broken up about taking another inq.

EIther way, besides the AMEX, I wont be chasing any new cards before springtime-thats something i know i can stick to. and with the 61-day soft pull cli, i think i can position myself for the cash+ better, so even if i only get approved the regular us bank cash rewards, i should have a credit limit high enough that i wont need a big CLI to PC to the cash+ later on.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 335 of 338
Ms_Pooka
Established Member

Well, I posted a few days ago that my app for Chase Freedom was my last hurrah before the garden. The denied me, even after a recon. I had a BK discharged last year and have only had one credit card since then, so she said that they needed to see the two cards I have now handled well and then I should reapply. I did however recieve a tiny $150 Lany Bryant card, so I am now officially done apping and into the garden. I really want to buy a home next year, so I am so grateful to find the support here to make good credit decisions.

Another question is I wonder why I can't see my seedling in my signature?

Starting Myfico Scores: 6/16
EX 544
EQ 548
TU 577

Message 336 of 338
YahComb
Established Contributor

Well i went ahead and took the HP from Discover-i tried seeing if it was possible to get a lower offer with a soft but they said not an option. CLid from 1K to 3.5K. Also hit Transunion like my BOA cli yesterday. MY plans over the next year as far as credit involve mostly AMEX and US Bank, neither of which are likely to pull TU around here so i'm not too broken up. And with this, i think i will actually wait until February instead of January before i go for an AMEX revolver and perhaps May or June  for US Bank depending on what my score looks like when all those inqs from spring 2012 pass 1 year.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 337 of 338
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I just started a new thread, so I'm closing out this one. Please post in the November Garden Club thread. Thanks!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 338 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.