Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Entering the garden for the first time. 

Back story is just purchased a home, closed on Aug 1 with a mortgage @3.5%, $310k 30 years.  After closing decided to go on an app spree:

Chase Freedom            $2,500

Discover                       $10,000

DCU Platinum               $10,000

USAA Rewards MC       $4,000

USAA Rewards AMEX   $4,000

Citi Thank You              $8,000

Citi Home Depot           $3,000

Going to let these age for now, hoping for Chase Sapphire Preferred and or US Bank Flex Perks Travel Signature next year

Message 31 of 338
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@toppers555 wrote:
I am entering the garden for first time. I think it the only way for me to get out of low limit hell. I"ll make a post in another thread about my credholic ways as I do not want to high jack this thread with my sins of 15 active tradelines and 10+ inquires .

Welcome to both the forums and the Garden Club. Please feel free to share with us what cards you currently have as well as your gardening goals. FWIW, gardening did help to get me out of toy limit hell... I can definitely relate to that. So, grab a chair and make yourself at home! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 32 of 338
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@sccredit wrote:

Entering the garden for the first time. 

@Back story is just purchased a home, closed on Aug 1 with a mortgage @3.5%, $310k 30 years.  After closing decided to go on an app spree:

Chase Freedom            $2,500

Discover                       $10,000

DCU Platinum               $10,000

USAA Rewards MC       $4,000

USAA Rewards AMEX   $4,000

Citi Thank You              $8,000

Citi Home Depot           $3,000

Going to let these age for now, hoping for Chase Sapphire Preferred and or US Bank Flex Perks Travel Signature next year

Welcome to the Garden Club! Congrats on the new home, as well as the great set of cards. Enjoy your new seedlings, take good care of them, and you should be in good shape when you're ready to add to your card portfolio.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 33 of 338
sk8rmom56
Established Member

Hope that all the gardeners have been enjoying the fabulous harvest moon this week. I left the garden (after 11 months), I knew I was going to take a big hit on my scores due to a  major car repair that kept me in a rental for six weeks.  So when a community bank offered me a personal loan At 7%   I went ahead with it.  So far it hasn't hurt much.Have paid off 3 cards ,and am almost clear on a couple more.  Since this rate was lower than the cards it works out better and gives me some diversity in my borrowing.I'm due for a few cards  to give out  cli's soon so I'm hoping that all goes well with that. On another note I got a letter from Walmart saying I was being upgraded to Discover this month as long as I behave . Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. So I'm in again for the long haul. Going to sit out and enjoy my front yard with a nice cold Rolling Rock.

Message 34 of 338
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Still here - no apps - no needs for more credit.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 35 of 338
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Still in the garden. Been here since May 15th of this year. Sometimes it's hard, but there are many good reasons for staying put.

I finished SL rehab in late September!! I wonder if getting my loans assigned to a lender will lead to HPs..? I sure hope not!! Either way, that was my last piece of rebuilding (gave up on GWs). Once my SL gets picked up again, every open account I have will be current. Everything closed would have a paid balance. No delinquencies! 

Come November/December, I might choose to leave the garden... But this was planned. I will be purchasing a car, and while I haven't decided if I'm going new or used, I'm leaning toward new. By November I will have $8k cash in the bank for downpayment. Selling my clunker (privately) I hope will get me $2k. So that's $10k for downpayment on my dream car (2012 Toyota hybrid, haha). On the other hand, that would buy me a not-so-POS used car, owned outright. Decisions, decisions.

Not looking at app-ing for anything else this year. When I do go car shopping, I plan on getting all my apps in within a 2-day time frame.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 36 of 338
localuser
Regular Contributor

This will be my first full Month.  I'm excited to watch my scores go up

Cap1Secured $700 | Chase Slate $700 | Amazon Store $5000 | Discover IT $7000 | Lowe's $8000 | AmEx BCE $20000 | Freedom $3000
November 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 717 TransUnion 725 Experian 717
January 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 675 TransUnion 661 Experian 723
Message 37 of 338
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

No New apps for me since aug 30th. 

no inq. 

waiting for demember so macys inq falls off my reports. 

and kohls will be a year old in jan. 

keeping my hands under my bottom until the future of my aaoa increase. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 38 of 338
djrez4
Established Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

Still here and sticking with the plan of no apps til January.  I expect a bronze spade this month!

Well, I'm a failure as gardener.  I realized that I was where I wanted to be a few months early, so I apped for the CSP.  Had to call in and explain a few things, but they approved me for a credit access line of $5,000.  But, I'm really back in the garden until January now.  Amex backdating ftw!

Message 39 of 338
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re-entering the garden for October. Was well on my way to a Silver Spade, but the new account ding for the Walmart Discover knocked me out. While out, I apped for NFL Visa Sig, for $400 cash back. So here I am, back again fresh from my warning from Barclays CSR that I risk AA (CLD) if I get any new cards in next few months. 

I don't need anything else, and hope no new, great cashback card comes out to tempt me before at least Feb, 2013. 

Happy gardening to everyone! 

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 40 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.