Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - October 2013

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2013

Checking in... so the other day I unfroze my TU to apply for the Fidelity Amex (made a decision I want my rewards dollars to invest and hopefully grow to support retirement). Anyhow, that card was approved by moving some of my BOA Better Balance rewards CL (done automatically by FIA). I was a bit annoyed with BOA as they couldn't really explain why my CL was reduced on my Better Balance card (I already knew why) and submitted a CLI... of which was approved (with another HP on TU).

Saturday I signed into my closed Walmart card to see my TU account (still had access to the free FICO) and long story short I entered the wrong password in too many times resetting my account. The only way to log in and reset was to present the card number (of which I no longer had). Since I really value the TU Fico, I reapplied and was approved for the Walmart Discover. 

Fast foward to this lovely Sunday evening and I was catching up on another blog RE the Barclays US Airways card bonuses. I already have one, and got recent increases on my Barclays cards so I applied (assuming a denial) and was approved for a decent line.

4 TU pulls in one week... I need to sit it out in the garden for at least 6 months... work has been slow recently so I blame that for all this free time to think about CCs ;-) Time to freeze this report and CHILL!

Message 1301 of 4,237
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
What is the first gardening spade and what amount of gardening is required to get it? Lol

Hi young. Smiley Happy

First gardening spade is bronze, and I believe it's one month.  I have yet to get mine.  Smiley Sad

Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Message 1302 of 4,237
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Bluebonnet wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
What is the first gardening spade and what amount of gardening is required to get it? Lol

Hi young. Smiley Happy

First gardening spade is bronze, and I believe it's one month.  I have yet to get mine.  Smiley Sad

You are correct, BB.  On entering the garden everyone starts as a seedling, then after one month bronze spade.  You can see all levels on first page of thread.

Message 1303 of 4,237
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@young

Seedling is the first 30 days, followed by bronze
Message 1304 of 4,237
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@UFGuy2006

Thanks for checking in...I wish BoA would pull TU for me when I apply next year.
Message 1305 of 4,237
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
@UFGuy2006

Thanks for checking in...I wish BoA would pull TU for me when I apply next year.

lol, I never thought I'd say that but right now TU is the pull place for me too whenever I apply.  Smiley Sad My EQ is the worst!I thought that was a lot of people's best!

Message 1306 of 4,237
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@KennyS2006

I'm just trying to balance out inq's. Seems most places in Ca love Experian whereas TU has been my GE and Discover cards.
Oh well, price we pay for living in So Ca
Message 1307 of 4,237
myjourney
Super Contributor

@starry1 wrote:
I need some intervention. I'm stuck in the hospital until at least tomorrow getting iv steroids for an ms relapse. The WiFi is good and I'm bored, sitting here eyeballing the firestone and the target.

I'm a little late arriving but you just better do what the doctor says and stay way from apps don't have me post kitty outside you room.

Feel better and best wishes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1308 of 4,237
myjourney
Super Contributor

@joshuapd1987 wrote:
Hi everyone! Smiley Happy

Stopping into pick up my silver spade! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 3 months in the Garden... Hooray! EX is up to 697... Will refresh my scores after a few more statements post.

Thanks to the EO, I've PCd my 2000.00 Plat to the Quicksilver... And got a CLI to 2500.00. And my old orchard card is now up to 1200.00. And thanks to Credit Solutions... Walmart is up to 1000.00! All SPs.

Only balance I have is 110 on Walmart! Smiley Happy making progress!! Hoping for a 20ishK CSP in November and the amex delta gold!

Congarts that's a good update 

Wooo Hooo SILVERSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1309 of 4,237
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Stonemanmv wrote:
Happy Sunday. Not such a good day for my PatsSmiley Sad. Or Dabears MJ Smiley Happy oh well next week

NE I felt it was that week my famous Bear Defense let me down againSmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1310 of 4,237
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.