tag
severine
Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012

@tinuviel wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@severine wrote:

Whew! I am in the garden and am asking to be tied to a tree so i don't leave for the next several months! I have achieved everything I wanted to do in the past two weeks and need to cool it. In the past two weeks I have:

-axed my toy limit Cap One and Optima oasis card

-acquired a Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred

-acquired an Amex Delta and an Amex BCP (yay just approved tonight after a week's wait, still don't know the CL)

-obtained a CLI from 5k to 7k on my BoA card

That's pretty good, wouldn't you say? Time for a break.

I am sure that my FICO score will take a hit after all of this commotion, but I achieved what I set out to do and now need to cool my jets. Thanks to everyone who has given me such great advice on this board.

Yes, that is good, congrats!!!

Now, somebody run over to the supply cabinet and go grab the duck tape, so we can secure severine to a tree! Smiley Wink

I'm bringing it right now, but only if I get tied up too.  I was very bad during the month of August, so I need to be put out to pasture in the garden.  Hope severine doesn't mind the company!  Smiley Tongue

Sure, go for it! Just another use for duck tape -- there's no problem it can't solve! Smiley Very Happy

You guys are too funny!! Luckily I am committed to staying put right here and I love the company! I am happy today because I used my newfound knowledge to help my brother do a recon on a CSP  and go from rejection to 18k in under five minutes! They said his debt to income ratio was an issue, but once he told them his adjustable mortgage payment was dropping by $2000/month (L.A. is ridonk he was approved. OH WAIT I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TALKING APPS IN THE GARDEN--never mind!

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 91 of 398
Trons
New Contributor

Well, I'm new to the idea of gardening, new to the idea of being concerned with my Credit.  Looking at some of the portfolio's that are listed, I'm not even sure I belong on the website.  I am, however, going be app free until EQ reads 620 (I may wait till 640) for my home loan.  Kind of sucks, but that's where it's at.  I don't think any of the cards I currently hold do SP CLI's. 

Starting: EQ 590 (LP 8/12) TU 589 (LP 8/12) EX 612 (LP 8/12)
Current: EQ 650(LP 9/12/12) TU 667 (LP 9/12/12) EX 676 (LP 9/12/12)
Goal: 620 (for VA Mortgage)
Goal Reached. Pre-qualified for VA loan, 9/12/12

My Jeep is like my wife. Cleans up nice, but a lot more fun when she's dirty.
Message 92 of 398
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Trons

Gardening is one of those activities that does not require a score bracket or a portfolio of prime cards to be able to participate. We each do not judge each others seedlings. True some of us are working on potatoes while others are growing oak trees and still others are weeding. We are here because the process of gardening can be used to help any and all forum members find peace and contentment with their current file; and to strategically put ourselves into a place where we choose our portfolios and terms instead of the other way around.

Good luck in your gardening endeavors!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 93 of 398
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Roarmeister, when the bank pulls your credit for a mortgage, the numbers they get are your real FICO scores, not FAKO's.

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 94 of 398
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

This is my first time gardening, but Ive got a couple credit cards, auto loan, and I just finished up my last app with kays for my gfs engagement ring. Now its time to sit back and relax until april 13. I know its probably not as long as most when they garden, but I will only have 2 inq accross the board and at that point I am hoping to complete my wallet with a couple of prime cards and get my home. Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 95 of 398
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Will be at two months on 9/11, still holding up strong! Moving some balances around soon to get 0%, can't wait to watch balances go down, down, down!

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 96 of 398
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Ugh, nvm... I forgot Im joining a CU in a couple of weeks. Forgot they are going to pull me for a checking account. Smiley Sad i'll be back though!!! sorry

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 97 of 398
CS800
Super Contributor

Been here a lil bit over 1 month now. No intention of dropping out. My EQ went down initially when my new Target card reported. It dropped by 12 points. But 3 weeks later i got a 14 points bump up.

My AAoA took a dive with my new cards so I'm hoping to get it up there again

Message 98 of 398
jla84
Regular Contributor

Still in garden mode - 5 months now! Just last week I successfully turned down a Macy's card offer pitch because I know I want to grab the BCE before I start racking up the store card inquiries. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 99 of 398
lithium78
Established Contributor

I'm still in the garden.  14 months now.  The plan has been to hold off on all inquiries until 2013 for a mortgage, but I've run into some problems with employment so I may have to step out of the garden and get a credit card at my credit union just in case.  Out of my current credit cards, I have no cards with low APRs or high CLs.  My highest is only $2000, since they date from before my credit recovered.  Hopefully, I'll get my situation squared away before it becomes necessary to take a hard pull, but if I do have to take one at least it would be out of responsibility.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 100 of 398
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.