Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - September 2012

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012

@DaveSignal wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous... Why not put your chip on the right and your spade in the left. Your html coding stays the same but you swap the img src web addresses

Thanks, yes I know how to move the images, but the html offered for the sig blcok is limited.  I think I will try this new look for a little while though.  Thanks for the idea!

Duh! I should have known you knew how to swap around the images. I like the new look!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 71 of 398
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Day 46 for me. I am missing seeing the LUV bottom and applying for the sake of personal gratification but I know I need to get a handle on my credit portfolio now that I am about to start actively pursing the purchase of my net home. I now am trying to get my DTI down on all bills to 0 except for 1 card I will carry a balance where my payment is $25 monthly. I think I do better when I have a true goal. So my goal is to stop the charging and pay down everything. I would like to get some increases on my current credit cards but I will not apply for anything else until next year (mid yr) at the earliest.

Nik J

Message 72 of 398
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Roarmeister wrote:

It might be a stretch it get all my scores (including FAKO) above 800 but I will get it my best shot.

You are pretty much there already if you scores in your sig are correct.  What FAKOs are you trying to ge that high?  And for any reason?  I would like to see my CK score a little higher, for no other reason than to humor myself....  but I would need probably another two years on my currently open accounts to get rid of the CK AAoA hit I am taking now.  FICO doesn't care about this, however, so I am not overly concerned about it.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 73 of 398
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Gardening works!!!!

I've been in the garden for 3 days and my EQ score just went up 9 points!

So lets see.....Is this how it works?.....9 points in 3 days.....90 points in September?Smiley Tongue

(Don't I wish!)

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 74 of 398
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@jamie123 wrote:

Gardening works!!!!

I've been in the garden for 3 days and my EQ score just went up 9 points!

So lets see.....Is this how it works?.....9 points in 3 days.....90 points in September?Smiley Tongue

(Don't I wish!)

Congrats on your score increase!  Gardening definately does work.  I have seen the results myself. I've gotten 2 Auto CLIs since I began gardening, and it feels great!  I'm looking forward to seeing what the next year brings as my inquiries start aging off and some baddies start aging off   Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 75 of 398
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@NikJ4 wrote:

Day 46 for me. I am missing seeing the LUV bottom and applying for the sake of personal gratification but I know I need to get a handle on my credit portfolio now that I am about to start actively pursing the purchase of my net home. I now am trying to get my DTI down on all bills to 0 except for 1 card I will carry a balance where my payment is $25 monthly. I think I do better when I have a true goal. So my goal is to stop the charging and pay down everything. I would like to get some increases on my current credit cards but I will not apply for anything else until next year (mid yr) at the earliest.

Nik J

Hey Nik J!

Are you still working on the school stuff?  

Mine is going well - overwhelming, but still on track to be done in 4/13.Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 76 of 398
severine
Contributor

Whew! I am in the garden and am asking to be tied to a tree so i don't leave for the next several months! I have achieved everything I wanted to do in the past two weeks and need to cool it. In the past two weeks I have:

-axed my toy limit Cap One and Optima oasis card

-acquired a Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred

-acquired an Amex Delta and an Amex BCP (yay just approved tonight after a week's wait, still don't know the CL)

-obtained a CLI from 5k to 7k on my BoA card

That's pretty good, wouldn't you say? Time for a break.

I am sure that my FICO score will take a hit after all of this commotion, but I achieved what I set out to do and now need to cool my jets. Thanks to everyone who has given me such great advice on this board.

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 77 of 398
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

2 days=bronze

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 78 of 398
charyot77
Regular Contributor

I'm in the Garden. 

I was denied for a Chase Freedom card back in May, but today I was approved for an Amex Zync and a Blue!

Now it's time to trim the fat (subprime, annual fee cards).

Message 79 of 398
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

At this point I'm pretty much done. My future plan is to get my US Bank Cash Reward CLI into $5K and PC into Cash+. If I can do that, then I will also

* Get my BofA Cash Reward PC into Travel Reward (not asking for CLI knowing that BofA does HP for CLI).

* Apply for Target CC (right now I have the debit card version).

If I cannot get my US Bank CC into Cash+, I might consider applying Chase Ink Classic. But that won't happen until 2013.

Currently I SD my Citi Dividend, and soon my PayPal CC. Also managed to PC my Freedom Visa into Freedom MC.

Message 80 of 398
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.