Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎06-27-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012

Two months in the garden. Plans to apply for a few cards near the end of the year, but right now I'm not pushing for anything in particular. My BCE is at the 61 day mark today. Two statements have posted, no balance reported, and I have put almost 3K through the card. Hopefully I get the 3X increase. I have not found a place to request the CLI on the website. Can anyone give me any advice on where to request the CLI online? Thanks.

AMEX BCE $18,000 Citi Forward $6500 USAA $6000
Chase Freedom $2500 Discover It $4000
M & T Visa $2500 CU Visa $2500 Walmart $2200
New Contributor
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎06-27-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012


mistabgeez wrote:

Two months in the garden. Plans to apply for a few cards near the end of the year, but right now I'm not pushing for anything in particular. My BCE is at the 61 day mark today. Two statements have posted, no balance reported, and I have put almost 3K through the card. Hopefully I get the 3X increase. I have not found a place to request the CLI on the website. Can anyone give me any advice on where to request the CLI online? Thanks.


Nevermind. I found the link. Applied for the CLI and they gave me the 7-10 day wait screen. Received an email right after that saying that I was still within the original 60 days. I should have waited a few more days I guess. Lesson learned. Does anyone know how soon I can apply for this CLI again?

AMEX BCE $18,000 Citi Forward $6500 USAA $6000
Chase Freedom $2500 Discover It $4000
M & T Visa $2500 CU Visa $2500 Walmart $2200
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 396
Registered: ‎04-02-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012

As of Sept. 2, I'm all in.  See you in a year when I'll have no inquiries for one year.

My Wallet:
Discover It $14,300 | Chase United $12,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | Citi Simplicity $5,000 | AMEX BCE $4,200 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Established Contributor
Posts: 797
Registered: ‎05-01-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012

Day 3 in the garden.


Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012


severine wrote:

Whew! I am in the garden and am asking to be tied to a tree so i don't leave for the next several months! I have achieved everything I wanted to do in the past two weeks and need to cool it. In the past two weeks I have:

 

-axed my toy limit Cap One and Optima oasis card

-acquired a Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred

-acquired an Amex Delta and an Amex BCP (yay just approved tonight after a week's wait, still don't know the CL)

-obtained a CLI from 5k to 7k on my BoA card

 

That's pretty good, wouldn't you say? Time for a break.

 

I am sure that my FICO score will take a hit after all of this commotion, but I achieved what I set out to do and now need to cool my jets. Thanks to everyone who has given me such great advice on this board.


 

Yes, that is good, congrats!!!

 

Now, somebody run over to the supply cabinet and go grab the duck tape, so we can secure severine to a tree! :smileywink:

 


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012


tinuviel wrote:

severine wrote:

Whew! I am in the garden and am asking to be tied to a tree so i don't leave for the next several months! I have achieved everything I wanted to do in the past two weeks and need to cool it. In the past two weeks I have:

 

-axed my toy limit Cap One and Optima oasis card

-acquired a Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred

-acquired an Amex Delta and an Amex BCP (yay just approved tonight after a week's wait, still don't know the CL)

-obtained a CLI from 5k to 7k on my BoA card

 

That's pretty good, wouldn't you say? Time for a break.

 

I am sure that my FICO score will take a hit after all of this commotion, but I achieved what I set out to do and now need to cool my jets. Thanks to everyone who has given me such great advice on this board.


 

Yes, that is good, congrats!!!

 

Now, somebody run over to the supply cabinet and go grab the duck tape, so we can secure severine to a tree! :smileywink:

 


I'm bringing it right now, but only if I get tied up too.  I was very bad during the month of August, so I need to be put out to pasture in the garden.  Hope severine doesn't mind the company!  :smileytongue:


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012


TNTransplant wrote:

tinuviel wrote:

severine wrote:

Whew! I am in the garden and am asking to be tied to a tree so i don't leave for the next several months! I have achieved everything I wanted to do in the past two weeks and need to cool it. In the past two weeks I have:

 

-axed my toy limit Cap One and Optima oasis card

-acquired a Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred

-acquired an Amex Delta and an Amex BCP (yay just approved tonight after a week's wait, still don't know the CL)

-obtained a CLI from 5k to 7k on my BoA card

 

That's pretty good, wouldn't you say? Time for a break.

 

I am sure that my FICO score will take a hit after all of this commotion, but I achieved what I set out to do and now need to cool my jets. Thanks to everyone who has given me such great advice on this board.


 

Yes, that is good, congrats!!!

 

Now, somebody run over to the supply cabinet and go grab the duck tape, so we can secure severine to a tree! :smileywink:

 


I'm bringing it right now, but only if I get tied up too.  I was very bad during the month of August, so I need to be put out to pasture in the garden.  Hope severine doesn't mind the company!  :smileytongue:


 

Sure, go for it! Just another use for duck tape -- there's no problem it can't solve! :smileyvery-happy:

 


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Regular Contributor
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012

I've been in the garden ... unofficially at least ... since May. Acquired my 2nd USAA CC, and stopped applying altogether. I have been tending to my credit reports, spending responsibly and PIF every month. I've been quite tempted.. I want to apply for new CCs, but I know with my scores, it's best to wait.

 

I am not sure how long I am going to stay in the garden. My plan was to treat myself to a newer vehicle at the end of the year. I'm driving a 15 year old Acura with 130k miles. It's not a money pit - yet - but every few months it needs some kind of service. I've done a bit of regular maintenance and break/fix repairs (new valve cover gasket, plug wires, exhaust pipe, bulbs, battery, etc). I want to be able to sell it while it's still running so I can get at least a couple thousand out of it. Anyway, that was a lot of irrelevant information, but I could either buy a cheap ($10k) used car in cash at the end of the year or finance about $10k on a hybrid I've had my eye on. 

 

Either way I'm in the garden until at least December. That's the plan.

 

If I don't end up financing a car, I'm going to look into getting a GE-backed card or two (Walmart for the FICO. Possibly Amazon. It's a shame Kohl's is Cap1 or else I'd want that for the in-store discounts). Maybe around the end of the year, since my student loans will be rehabbed around October/November. I might wait a little longer so my new CCs are 1 year old (March and May).

 

Just putting it in writing so I don't wander out of the garden before it's time!

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Established Member
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎05-10-2008
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012

Just wanted to say that I'm still in the garden, have another inq falling off in a couple of weeks, that leaves me with none since last December. Still working on getting balances down,bit by bit. But I'm not feeling the pull of wanting anything new these days- so as long as I can check in here (like a dozen times a day),and get my  daily dose of keeping my eye on the big picture I'm good. But it is really all of you guys that are making it so much easier. :heart:

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 342
Registered: ‎04-21-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012


DaveSignal wrote:

Roarmeister wrote:

 It might be a stretch it get all my scores (including FAKO) above 800 but I will get it my best shot.


You are pretty much there already if you scores in your sig are correct.  What FAKOs are you trying to get that high?  And for any reason?  I would like to see my CK score a little higher, for no other reason than to humor myself....  but I would need probably another two years on my currently open accounts to get rid of the CK AAoA hit I am taking now.  FICO doesn't care about this, however, so I am not overly concerned about it.


I have one score at 769 that originates from my bank -- it is the same score they generate for my mortgage so even though it is a FAKO score, I consider it the most relevant.  That score actually dropped last month by 22 pts after I applied for 2 more cards and I racked up more charges than usual on my low interest card.  As I get that card paid off and the new cards begin to age that bank score will come very close and eventually pass the 800 mark (out of 862).  An 800 score is only the 75 percentile here in Canada where our scores are considerably higher and the delinquency rates are much lower than in the US.  The other 2 scores were from earlier in the year and won't check on them again until November/December.  If I checked them at the same time as my CA score then I assume they also would have shown a bit of a drop.

 

Having a score above 800 is for bragging rights and good luck - I am already in the lowest 1% delinquency bracket so I get the lowest rates offered.  Besides 8 is my favourite number!  And being of Asian descent - 8 is THE luckiest and most prosperous number.  I also have 8s in my vehicle tag and house number!  :smileylol:

 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.