Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - September 2013

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2013

@newbiewife wrote:
I think I'm going to have a bronze spade on the 2nd of sept. Hmmmm if I behave Smiley LOL need to behave Smiley Happy

T-2 

And you have behaved very well indeed.

NASA space shuttle newbiewife has been place on the launch pad and all systems are go for liftoffSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 61 of 4,450
myjourney
Super Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

good luck too both of you! 

on my 9th  month of garedning on sep 5th! woo 

just passed my inq mark. meaning no inquries for anything in the past year! 

ill be working on cutting utility! January is right around the corner! (also my first batch of inquries that fall off 1 in jan/4 in feb) 

good luck everyone, i know you can do it! 

That's wonderful! Great job, and keep up the good work!

thanks, im on the fence about apping it/ or a 18 month promo for a citi bt, they both sending me good offers. but might just duke out the interest until jan. (whats 3 months...) and focus on getting all my cards too 0 except that one. 

3 months is a cakewalk for you 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 62 of 4,450
myjourney
Super Contributor

@newbiewife wrote:
Thanks and ill make sure I'll behave or else myjourney will hunt me down. :smileyworried:

My reputation precedes meSmiley Surprised

But you're right Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 63 of 4,450
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Well, I have an early morning tomorrow to return my DD to campus, so I'm signing off for the night.

Everyone have a happy, healthy and safe Labor Day weekend.  If I'm not to wiped out I will pop in tomorrow.

Message 64 of 4,450
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@myjourney

Looks like you will be on your own for a bit, bt I know you can handle it.Smiley Wink

Send up a flare if anyone steps out of line.

Message 65 of 4,450
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

I get my bronze spade on the 3rd cant wait!!!!

I get my gold the following day, on the 4th. Looks like a good week coming up for us both. Smiley Happy

WTG - never a doubt that you would reclaim your status.

Thanks. I'm also thrilled that my scores have bounced not only back, but also higher, after every stint of gardening. For example, a year ago on  August 24 I apped for four cards; my EQ score was 723. After the app spree and all of the cards reported, I dropped down to the upper 600s -- ouch! But I bounced back, and when I did my final bit of apping on March 4 of this year, my EQ score was 766. Again, after everything reported, I fell down to 734. Now that I've sat back and allowed things to age, I'm up to an EQ of 772! I imagine my scores have or soon will reach a plateau, but I'm very happy with where I'm at. It's a long, long way from where I started this journey. Using cards responsibly coupled with spending meaningful periods of time in the garden have really paid off.

Well, you certainly are inspiring and encouraging!

I don't know where my scores were after I filed bk7 in 07; I was too afraid/depressed to look.  I figured I was dead in the water for 10yrs.  I was able to get 1 CC in 08, a WaMu platinum Visa, and that was all I had for years.  Applied for one or two cards, but was denied.  Sat back and was bascially cash-and-carry for a good stretch of time. 

Since joining myfico in Dec '12, I have obtained 5 new cards after PCing my Chase Visa to a Freedom.  Now, I'm quite content to nurse my Discover, Barclay MC and VS.  (The other two don't get much use.)  My current scores range between 730 and 765.  I want to get, at least 1 score, to 800.  So, in the garden I stay until the dust begins to settle.

Looking at your scores and knowing you are giving it your all I see nothing but success BRAVO

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 66 of 4,450
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

I get my gold the following day, on the 4th. Looks like a good week coming up for us both. Smiley Happy

Thanks. I'm also thrilled that my scores have bounced not only back, but also higher, after every stint of gardening. For example, a year ago on  August 24 I apped for four cards; my EQ score was 723. After the app spree and all of the cards reported, I dropped down to the upper 600s -- ouch! But I bounced back, and when I did my final bit of apping on March 4 of this year, my EQ score was 766. Again, after everything reported, I fell down to 734. Now that I've sat back and allowed things to age, I'm up to an EQ of 772! I imagine my scores have or soon will reach a plateau, but I'm very happy with where I'm at. It's a long, long way from where I started this journey. Using cards responsibly coupled with spending meaningful periods of time in the garden have really paid off.

I don't know where my scores were after I filed bk7 in 07; I was too afraid/depressed to look.  I figured I was dead in the water for 10yrs.  I was able to get 1 CC in 08, a WaMu platinum Visa, and that was all I had for years.  Applied for one or two cards, but was denied.  Sat back and was bascially cash-and-carry for a good stretch of time. 

Since joining myfico in Dec '12, I have obtained 5 new cards after PCing my Chase Visa to a Freedom.  Now, I'm quite content to nurse my Discover, Barclay MC and VS.  (The other two don't get much use.)  My current scores range between 730 and 765.  I want to get, at least 1 score, to 800.  So, in the garden I stay until the dust begins to settle.

Looking at your scores and knowing you are giving it your all I see nothing but success BRAVO

Thanks, journey.

Have a good night.

Message 67 of 4,450
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

September should be a good month for me to garden, as I WILL get that bronze this month!    August saw three new TLs for me (that darn Shopping Cart trick led to two of those) with Wal-Mart, VS, and Gold Violin (Blair).  I figured with their proximity, they can alll age and grow together.  

My specific goals for September are no apps/new TLs and continue to push UTIL down. (currently 30% overall).  The one I really want paid down the most is Credit One.  I need to close that thing!  But that will take some time.

October will hopefully see a good CLI to my JCP card when I hit the love button.

It's good to have goals in the garden it makes dreams come true...........keep up the good work

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 68 of 4,450
hot4u
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Congrats.. Hope some day to have your scores

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 69 of 4,450
myjourney
Super Contributor

@cabrix wrote:

I'm going to have to garden soon, I've had 3 new cards this past week, and its becoming addictive. Luckly I have SOME self control lol. Starting tomorrow, Sept 1st, I will no longer app for any new credit cards!

Welcome to the garden and the forum

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 70 of 4,450
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.