Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - September 2013

tag
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2013

Congrats on the Silver Spade Gunnar! And I agree, everyone here in the GC is really friendly, fun, and helpful as well.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 1581 of 4,450
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@sweettea

Thanks, it was!

By the way... Your new siggy looks impressive. Smiley Wink
Message 1582 of 4,450
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@sweettea

Thanks, it was!

Thanks! I keep looking and saying, "that's really mine?" Smiley Surprised

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 1583 of 4,450
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@sweettea wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@sweettea

Thanks, it was!

Thanks! I keep looking and saying, "that's really mine?" Smiley Surprised

Thanks, sweettea. And isn't "that's really mine?" a great, though disconcerting, feeling?

Beats the heck out of some of the alternatives.

Message 1584 of 4,450
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Hello, gardening crew! Hope everyone's been sticking it out these past couple of days!

Received my chipped Blue Sky in the mail today; very nice! Currently working on editing the siggy to reflect this "chipped" design!

In addition, I keep receiving the Chase $125 bonus offer for opening up a savings account...I'm receiving a good chunk of money from my tuition refund, which will finally give me enough of my personally handled money to comfortably plop $10k into a savings, without putting all my eggs in one basket. The rest of the money to meet the initial deposit I'll likely draw out of my TD savings (temporarily to receive the bonus...TD still has a better savings rate, minimum balance, and close proximity, hence why it is my main bank), and likely withdraw another chunk from my newly switched over Chase College Checking.

I know it does say that the deposit has to be "new money", but if I take out $1600 or so from my Chase checking in cash, then deposit it into the savings, would they actually know? Or is this "new money" they refer to in their terms just saying they can't honor a deposit from a Chase check or transfer?

In addition, it just looks like my initial deposit has to be $10,000. Then I can move the money back around to TD, keeping $300 minimum to avoid monthly service fees, and keep it open for at least 6 months to not lose the free money. Am I valid in making the assumption that as soon as the $10k deposit is recorded, I could theoretically take $5k of it back out the next day to move back into my TD savings? Or should I wait the full 10 business days or however long it'll take to receive the free money before moving the money back out?

Has anybody done this before for the Chase savings and can lend some friendly advice towards this matter? Just want to make sure I have the terms down pat!

Happy gardening, everyone!

Message 1585 of 4,450
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

Good morning club. Happy Friday! Smiley Happy

Happy Friday indeed Wooo Hooo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1586 of 4,450
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

Hi All,

I'm just checking in to say Happy Friday to all the gardeners. I'm staying garden strong and I have turned my focus to getting baddies removed from my reports. Speaking of...there is an account on my report that I wasn't aware of so I called the CA & they informed me it is in reference to a Columbia House account from 2005. Is this even legal? I think I will start this removal journey by sending them a DV letter. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

It's over 7 years old shouldn't be there anywaySmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1587 of 4,450
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@daybreakgonesXe

Still waiting on my PRG to come in the mail. I told them they did not have to expedite it but she said I'd have it by Saturday.
Message 1588 of 4,450
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Although I've been gardening, I don't attend the garden party too often because it's pretty overwhelming in this place. I like y'all, though, and figure you're the friendliest strangers in the world.

I'm just dropping in today to say that I officially earn my gold spade tomorrow, but since I got the six month statement (and auto CLI!) on that last card today, and since Friday 13th deserves a lucky token, I'm stopping by early to pick up my gold.

Drinks are on me.

Wooo Hooo Congarts on the Gold and thanks for the drink 

Cheers 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1589 of 4,450
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@daybreakgonesXe

Still waiting on my PRG to come in the mail. I told them they did not have to expedite it but she said I'd have it by Saturday.

Very nice, lexie! I'm sure it'll come out very well! AMEX is no stranger to EMV for the rest of the world, where the tiered charged cards are still popular! I'm sure it'll be a lovely pairing!

Message 1590 of 4,450
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.