Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

holy canoli, the garden has been busy with 80 posts in one day. 

drum roll Smiley Very Happy

i now officialy (by day) only have 2 inqs across all three reports. 

my other two "season" we will call it in 3 days. 

hope everyone had a great long weekend. 

i have tommorrow off as well, but will be headed to the campus book store and re-enter the college world once again Smiley Frustrated

p.s. checking in for the month. (sadly will be short lived this month) 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 81 of 1,708
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Hello GC, looks like i will be in garden for at least 3 more weeks:-) since i can't app when i am overseas lol. 

Smiley Happy Stay safe, applying would be the least of my worries now days!

Cold why are you trying to scare me now i am going to be nervous flying :-(

I remember looking out the window ( Love window seats) and remember asking myself why are the wings wobbling lol Smiley Tongue

i don't think i have windows seat i messed up when i chose my seats oh well. Talking about air travel whats everybody opinion on people using the knee defender to prevent people sitting in front of them from reclining. Is reclining your seat an privaledge when you buy your tickets?

During a long international flight? Yes! I'd better be able to recline back!

you heard about the altercation on the United flight over knee defender thats crazy sauce. i have heard both sides , people say if you want more leg room go buy first class seat. I don't know which side i fall under yet. 

Well Flying First class to Paris was like $12,000 not paying that much to fly ...

Well if they don't want the seat to be able to recline, then don't design them with the function to recline. Seat trays are just as annoying but if you want me to be able to sleep and be quiet through the night, then I want to recline. Otherwise I am going to have my light on and read.

Those seats can recline thus I am allowed to.  If you don't like don't fly and take a car,  train,  boat or whatever else.  Just my 2 cents.  I paid for my ticket and it's my right to recline the chair if I want to

interesting take , but this knee defender thing would prevent you from even reclining let alone having choice to . It blocks ability to recline its attached right by the tray. 

Then I would bring it up to an attendant and that Either A) Refund my money for this flight ( I can try lol) or B) tell them to remove it or C) I will sue or Do something to the airline legally of course.   Plane tickets for economy are what I have seen $500 to go to Philly one way , $500 round trip to San Diego and $2,400 to go to Paris one way, I spent my money on this flight and if i want to recline my Seat I will there is no but whats or ifs to it.

Honestly should make it illeagl for those things 

Technically it's illegal but don't know if it's ever enforced 

Well Jaywalking in NYC is illegal and isn'r enforced ... Meant it should be enforced really 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 82 of 1,708
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Hello GC, looks like i will be in garden for at least 3 more weeks:-) since i can't app when i am overseas lol. 1

Safe travels, Mong!  We'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best.  Have fun travels for the rest of us stuck at the homestead!!  Make sure to check in when you return!

I will definitely check in when I return maybe even try to check in from huahin!  I can't make any guarantees since my Internet access will not be the most consistent 

Have a great trip Mong! Don't get kicked off the airplane! Smiley Tongue

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 83 of 1,708
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Hello GC, looks like i will be in garden for at least 3 more weeks:-) since i can't app when i am overseas lol. 1

Safe travels, Mong!  We'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best.  Have fun travels for the rest of us stuck at the homestead!!  Make sure to check in when you return!

I will definitely check in when I return maybe even try to check in from huahin!  I can't make any guarantees since my Internet access will not be the most consistent 

Have a great trip Mong! Don't get kicked off the airplane! Smiley Tongue

i am not an fighter lol 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 84 of 1,708
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

This is my first time entering the garden, hoping I won’t struggle too much considering college classes start tomorrow maybe that will help fight the urge.

My Journey: It all began 9/2013 when I started googling about credit cards, thankfully this forum popped up. I had such horrible credit (500’s). To become proactive in my journey I decided to open a Fingerhut account, this was my first revolving line. After about 5 months I apped for an Amazon store card along with a Walmart store card, boom I was approved. Between Sept and now I have added 9 CC to my profile. I also have had 5 baddies removed, 2 med collections and a utility collection are set to fall off in 2016 then my report will be CLEANED, yahoo.

My last app was 8/29/14 (Amazon Chase, and Barclays Arrival) I will now enter the garden until 8/29/15 which will allow these accounts to age and inquires fall off. I wish you all the best of luck.

***How do you add to a siggy?***

Tu Fico (670)

Message 85 of 1,708
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all,

This is my first time entering the garden, hoping I won’t struggle too much considering college classes start tomorrow maybe that will help fight the urge.

My Journey: It all began 9/2013 when I started googling about credit cards, thankfully this forum popped up. I had such horrible credit (500’s). To become proactive in my journey I decided to open a Fingerhut account, this was my first revolving line. After about 5 months I apped for an Amazon store card along with a Walmart store card, boom I was approved. Between Sept and now I have added 9 CC to my profile. I also have had 5 baddies removed, 2 med collections and a utility collection are set to fall off in 2016 then my report will be CLEANED, yahoo.

My last app was 8/29/14 (Amazon Chase, and Barclays Arrival) I will now enter the garden until 8/29/15 which will allow these accounts to age and inquires fall off. I wish you all the best of luck.

***How do you add to a siggy?***

Tu Fico (670)

Congrats on your rebuilding and new CL's! Welcome to the garden!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 86 of 1,708
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

I'm in! Staying for a while.

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 87 of 1,708
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I think this guy may be a bad boy after coming back from Thailand, felt naked only getting 1.5%  on groceries, may need to get card that gives better cash back...

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 88 of 1,708
faithincredit
New Contributor

So I am new to the forum by way of lurking. I have received a lot of information from this site. And I am ready to put a lot of it to work. I'm here to garden and grow. Day 1 in the garden and I have to tell you I already have an itch to scratch but I'm going to be strong. Last month alone I gained several TL and gains a big jump in my report once I get a few DV letters out and PFD the others I am hoping to see a significant jump. I have already received a nice jump since gaining a few new TLs. New cards this month includes: Lane Bryant, Kay jewelers, Fingerhut, Victoria Secret, and Credit One cards. All with small CLs but with good practices I am hopeful of CLIs. So my garden goal is 6 months........ I'm hoping to stay longer because I know it may be beneficial.

Message 89 of 1,708
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Gardeners,

After a very exciting August in my credit journey, I'm ready to earn that gold spade back!   I have successfully added a new auto loan at 0%, I have another great CC with AMEX (Costco TE), I finally got acceptance from my CU for a CC, and I'm not on Citi's blacklist and now have a CC that can replace my QS1!   I'm quite happy and am ready to commit to the long-haul.   I only plan on resetting my garden clock if I get any account upgrades (Wally, JCP, Macy's).   My Gold Spade date will be Feb 28th, but I'll hold out until at least 3/5, as INQs on the 3 CRs will fall off scoring on 3/4.  

Since it's a new month, I'll go over my plan while I'm in the Garden:

1. SP CLIs for Cap One and Comenity:  QS1 (9/5), Sony Card (9/16), VS (9/26), and Gold Violin (9/29)

2. GW for Cap One CO yet again.   They probably won't budge yet, but at least I will have tried.

3. Monitor CRs for appearance of new TLs (and collection due to fall off TU).

4. Number of zero balances reported.   I'm good at managing overall UTIL, but I need work on making sure I have enough zero balances reporting.  If Comenity CLIs are successful, I may have to figure out a better strategy for balance reporting.

5. October SP CLI requests on all SyncB accounts (all are hitting the 4th Statement in the same month).

6. November SPs.   My 3X AMEX CLI will come up on 11/1; will likely ask on BCE.   I'll also ask for CLI on Macy's Revolving.  

So that's my plan.   BK won't fall off CRs until next October.   CO is due to fall in May, but I'll keep asking for GW removal.   May look into early exclusion from CRs if GW removal is unsuccessful.   Housing collection has fallen off all CRs, but TU.   EX has an SL 120 late from 2008 that is off all over CRs, but I probably will just let that one fall off.   Right now, I really just need to let things age.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 90 of 1,708
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.