Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

@Ghoshida wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Good day to GC!! I am checking in from chiang mai since I have free extra minutes I had a flight a flight from bangkok to chiang mai and had zero leg room I could understand why people use knee defender.if the person in front of me reclined would have been in bad shape lol .my knees were hitting seat in front of me,drawbacks of being over six feet tall  

Ack!   Sorry you were so cramped!  I'm 5'11", so I'm usually just slightly uncomfortable in an airline seat.

It was an short flight I played mah jong on my tablet the whole way!!! Emirates definitely has much better leg room ,and cuter flight attendants for that matter. Chiang mai is pretty quiet and laid back.doesn't feel as hot either even when its 90+

Well, who doesn't like a good view?   Heheh

I wonder if it's pre requisite to work as emirates flight attendant you have to be very attractive 

Hello Mong !

Safe travels. I'm a fan of Emirates too. And yeah, I understand how you feel with cramped legroom ! 

Yeah if that person reclined in her seat I definitely may have lost my knee caps lol 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 301 of 1,708
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Hello everyone.

Good morning checking in from chiang mai sir

Message 302 of 1,708
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

So far Thailand has been pretty much cash only country from what I have noticed.the airline I flew from bangkok to chiang mai doesn't accept any foreign credit cards and restaurant at airport only accepts cash weird . also I have noticed places that do accept cc like to do it in this order mc,visa,amex,discover. Hope this hotel we are staying at now accepts cc lol.

Message 303 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

On behalf of the GC club

Welcome To The Gardens Friday Night Social Event

Garden rules apply

No Drapping Allowed

Respect Everyone's Opinion

Drink responsibly in the virtual world as well as in the real world

Have fun

Any Friday is : Open Forum ....answer a question or ask a question.

If you're new to the garden and would like to know something about the garden or have questions please ask.

If we can't answer it we will point you in the right direction.

Tonight: Test your Knowledge all in fun

True or False

1  A CLI request with Chase and BofA is a SP?

1. You can request a CLI on GE after 4 months?

1. AU accounts for Amex backdate to when I was added as an AU when I get my own card?\

1. If I join the garden my official start is 24 hours after my last HP?

1. The card is perfect for me because it gives a free Fico score and 1% on all purchases? Walmart

1. To help raise my scores I need 2-3 CC's?

1. A good mix of credit is an installment loan, 2-3 CC's, and auto loan?

1. I have 1 baddie 3-4 CC's, and mortgage on my CR's no HP's for 1 year but I'll never have a 700+ score until the baddies are removed? Current score 662

1.   GC members will help with any questions I may have and not wish to start a thread about?

I am new in the GC and no one answered my question I should just forget about it?

Bonus round  

1. I have 38 HP's in 12 months its ok since I was approved for a car, 6 store cards and 2 CC's All my baddies (6) fall off 9/6/14 according to my CR's so I should app at midnight on 9/6/14?

2.  Because MJ has been here and posted so much I should believe it when he says I will be approved based on a pre-approval site without asking me about baddies, how many TL's I have and how long I've had them, what's my AAoA, UTL?

Tonight's menu Hot wings 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 304 of 1,708
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Hey everyone.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 305 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Hey everyone.

Hello and happy Friday 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 306 of 1,708
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

On behalf of the GC club

Garden rules apply

No Drapping Allowed

Have fun

If you're new to the garden and would like to know something about the garden or have questions please ask.

True or False

1. AU accounts for Amex backdate to when I was added as an AU when I get my own card?\

1. The card is perfect for me because it gives a free Fico score and 1% on all purchases?

1. I have 1 baddie 3-4 CC's, and mortgage on my CR's no HP's for 1 year but I'll never have a 700+ score until the baddies are removed? Current score 662

1.   GC members will help with any questions I may have and not wish to start a thread about?

I am new in the GC and no one answered my question I should just forget about it?

Bonus round  

1. I have 38 HP's in 12 months is ok since I was approved for a one car, 6 store cards and 2 CC's All my baddies (6) fall off 9/6/14 according to my CR's so I should app at midnight on 9/6/14?

2.  Because MJ has been here and posted so much I should believe it when he says I will be approved based on a pre-approval site without asking me about baddies, how many TL's I have and how long I've had them, what's my AAoA, UTL?

Tonight's menu Hot wings 

Hello Gardeners!

How is everyone?

Happy to be here tonight.  I've been very busy with work and my son going back to school and have not been able to get onlne as much as usual.

But I am back!!

The wings look delicious! I will have an order with ranch dressing.

Here ae my answers to tonight's questions...

True or False
1 A CLI request with Chase and BofA is a SP?

FALSE

You can request a CLI on GE after 4 months?

TRUE

AU accounts for Amex backdate to when I was added as an AU when I get my own card?

FALSE

If I join the garden my official start is 24 hours after my last HP?

TRUE

The card is perfect for me because it gives a free Fico score and 1% on all purchases?

WHAT CARD?

To help raise my scores I need 2-3 CC's?

TRUE

A good mix of credit is an installment loan, 2-3 CC's, and auto loan?

TRUE

I have 1 baddie 3-4 CC's, and mortgage on my CR's no HP's for 1 year but I'll never have a 700+ score until the baddies are removed? Current score 662

FALSE

GC members will help with any questions I may have and not wish to start a thread about?

TRUE

FALSE

Bonus round
I have 38 HP's in 12 months is ok since I was approved for a one car, 6 store cards and 2 CC's All my baddies (6) fall off 9/6/14 according to my CR's so I should app at midnight on 9/6/14?

FALSE

Because MJ has been here and posted so much I should believe it when he says I will be approved based on a pre-approval site without asking me about baddies, how many TL's I have and how long I've had them, what's my AAoA, UTL?

FALSE

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 307 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

On behalf of the GC club

Garden rules apply

No Drapping Allowed

Have fun

True or False

1. The card is perfect for me because it gives a free Fico score and 1% on all purchases?

Bonus round  

1. I have 38 HP's in 12 months is ok since I was approved for a one car, 6 store cards and 2 CC's All my baddies (6) fall off 9/6/14 according to my CR's so I should app at midnight on 9/6/14?

Tonight's menu Hot wings 

Hello Gardeners!

How is everyone?

Happy to be here tonight.  I've been very busy with work and my son going back to school and have not been able to get onlne as much as usual.

But I am back!!

The wings look delicious! I will have an order with ranch dressing.

Here ae my answers to tonight's questions...

True or False
1 A CLI request with Chase and BofA is a SP?

FALSE

You can request a CLI on GE after 4 months?

TRUE

AU accounts for Amex backdate to when I was added as an AU when I get my own card?

FALSE

If I join the garden my official start is 24 hours after my last HP?

TRUE

The card is perfect for me because it gives a free Fico score and 1% on all purchases?

WHAT CARD? Ooops my bad Walmart Lol

To help raise my scores I need 2-3 CC's?

TRUE

A good mix of credit is an installment loan, 2-3 CC's, and auto loan?

TRUE

I have 1 baddie 3-4 CC's, and mortgage on my CR's no HP's for 1 year but I'll never have a 700+ score until the baddies are removed? Current score 662

FALSE

GC members will help with any questions I may have and not wish to start a thread about?

TRUE

FALSE

Bonus round
I have 38 HP's in 12 months is ok since I was approved for a one car, 6 store cards and 2 CC's All my baddies (6) fall off 9/6/14 according to my CR's so I should app at midnight on 9/6/14?

FALSE

Because MJ has been here and posted so much I should believe it when he says I will be approved based on a pre-approval site without asking me about baddies, how many TL's I have and how long I've had them, what's my AAoA, UTL?

FALSE

I can always count on you to be here and contribute to the knowledge.... Bravo

Good answer will PM grade Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 308 of 1,708
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

I can always count on you to be here and contribute to the knowledge.... Bravo

Good answer will PM grade Lol

Thanks MJ! 

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 309 of 1,708
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Good morning all!

I've been away from the GC. It has been a busy few days at work. 

Hey bud, how's it going?

It's going well! How are you?

Also, great news. Apparently for the Prestige, we will be able to double dip. They will give us $250 on top of the current $200 Smiley Happy

Wait, how? Could you elaborate? Meaning if we use the $200 now we'll get the $250 in October? Or...

That's correct. According to the CSR that I spoke to, you will receive another $250 once the changes come into play. 

That's good to know. Technically, the T+C says that the $250 credit replenishes in December, so it sounds like you could get ANOTHER one if you use your $250 between October 19th and December.

Yup, that's correct! You're going to be making moneyyyyy Smiley Happy

Message 310 of 1,708
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.