Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

I've learned how to tunnel under fences really, REALLY well...

Oh, I'm only kidding. I'll confess that I've known for sometime that high utilization is a bad thing...I did NOT know, however, just how it effects your scoring at various levels...I've learned lots of the details since I've been on myfico.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 661 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Oh, I'm only kidding. I'll confess that I've known for sometime that high utilization is a bad thing...I did NOT know, however, just how it effects your scoring at various levels...I've learned lots of the details since I've been on myfico.

Hey buddy and welcome tunnel under the fence huh...Lol

I think you learned that very well too but I must admit your doing a great job of gardening now 

Good answer

No 2nd job tonight?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 662 of 1,708
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

I think you learned that very well too but I must admit your doing a great job of gardening now 

Good answer

No 2nd job tonight?

Nope.  Day job is just too far away from home...wouldn't be able to get to job b before 7pm, and it just isn't worth it at that point.

Right now, I'm working job A Monday through Friday 8:30a til 5p, and job B Saturday and Sunday 10a to 8p.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 663 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Good answer

No 2nd job tonight?

Nope.  Day job is just too far away from home...wouldn't be able to get to job b before 7pm, and it just isn't worth it at that point.

Right now, I'm working job A Monday through Friday 8:30a til 5p, and job B Saturday and Sunday 10a to 8p.

Oh ok well those will be the busy days college and pro football....Good tips 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 664 of 1,708
ethan17debttackler
Regular Contributor

Checking in after a hiatus from myfico.com. Hopefully, I'm not interrupting the Friday night social...

I think I have gotten out of the garden because of HP done by a mortgage lender who ASSURED me that it would only be a SP....  Sadly, I have lost my spade & will have to remain a seedling for a while, especially because of more HPs in the forecast, as we hopefully purchase a home within the next few months.

Anyway, I've run my util somewhat high on Barclay Rewards MC but will be bringing it down in the next few months. Also, recently requested a CLI for my QS1 and was approved for a $3k increase. I can't believe this, but my Cap1 card is now my CC with highest limit. I still like my Barclay card for everyday use.

Hope all is well with others as you work to reach your goals.

>

Message 665 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ethan17debttackler wrote:

Checking in after a hiatus from myfico.com. Hopefully, I'm not interrupting the Friday night social...

I think I have gotten out of the garden because of HP done by a mortgage lender who ASSURED me that it would only be a SP....  Sadly, I have lost my spade & will have to remain a seedling for a while, especially because of more HPs in the forecast, as we hopefully purchase a home within the next few months.

Anyway, I've run my util somewhat high on Barclay Rewards MC but will be bringing it down in the next few months. Also, recently requested a CLI for my QS1 and was approved for a $3k increase. I can't believe this, but my Cap1 card is now my CC with highest limit. I still like my Barclay card for everyday use.

A home is a good use of a HP

Congrats on the CLI WTG

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 666 of 1,708
ethan17debttackler
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats on the CLI WTG

Thanks, MJ. By the way, congrats to you on being in the garden this long. What is that...a ruby??

>

Message 667 of 1,708
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Happy Friday Everyone.  Haven't read up on the Garden in a few days. 

Cold - congrats on your spade! 

Mong - I hope the beach was beautiful.  I really need to see the ocean soon.  I miss it.  It has been much too long.

As for the answer to tonight's question, for me the biggest thing is patience, which is still not easy.  Gathering spades (maybe even jewels someday?!?) helps.  And being aware of how my cards report (balance or not, how much the balance is, etc.), and seeing how much that can affect my score. 

I hope everyone is having a great Friday evening.  Peaceful here.

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 668 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats on the CLI WTG

Thanks, MJ. By the way, congrats to you on being in the garden this long. What is that...a ruby??

Thank you yes its my big red ruby 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 669 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@PandiferBear wrote:

Happy Friday Everyone.  Haven't read up on the Garden in a few days. 

Cold - congrats on your spade! 

Mong - I hope the beach was beautiful.  I really need to see the ocean soon.  I miss it.  It has been much too long.

As for the answer to tonight's question, for me the biggest thing is patience, which is still not easy.  Gathering spades (maybe even jewels someday?!?) helps.  And being aware of how my cards report (balance or not, how much the balance is, etc.), and seeing how much that can affect my score. 

I hope everyone is having a great Friday evening.  Peaceful here.

Welcome PandiferBear

Patience is good for goals 

Keep up the good work 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 670 of 1,708
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.