Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Just got my CSP spending bonus of 40,000 UR points and tempting to use it on a Flight to LA for free and just need to spend on Hotel rooms for a week lol. Womdering is it even worth spending $2,000 on my Marriott card to get 70,000 Points i could care less about lol

Been Tempted to app for the Citi Double cash card or whatever it is called and the Hilton CC with no AF Smiley Sad

My suggestion is no one the citi Hilton card,but I am bit meh on all hotel cards in general. You going to fly business rt to west coast? Or just economy ? Which airline you wanting to take? As far as hotel goes what kind d do you want to stay at

Economy ... Save the points lol. on Chase it costs around 30,000 points for round trip in October.   I have done no research and just did this on a Whim looking at it on Chase travel through the UR portal. Havent spent any points yet and have 43,800 points. I should of saved that 20,000 from the freedom lol.   As far as hotels Go i still have the free Night with my Marriott card so probably use that 

Why aren't you transferring to partner to fly 25 k rt to west coast? Preferably I would do transfer to Virginia Atlantic or Singapore air lines and find flight that way on virgin America. I don't know how many openings there are on those flights ,but you shouldn't use for than 25k points to fly to cali imo

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 781 of 1,708
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Just got my CSP spending bonus of 40,000 UR points and tempting to use it on a Flight to LA for free and just need to spend on Hotel rooms for a week lol. Womdering is it even worth spending $2,000 on my Marriott card to get 70,000 Points i could care less about lol

Been Tempted to app for the Citi Double cash card or whatever it is called and the Hilton CC with no AF Smiley Sad

My suggestion is no one the citi Hilton card,but I am bit meh on all hotel cards in general. You going to fly business rt to west coast? Or just economy ? Which airline you wanting to take? As far as hotel goes what kind d do you want to stay at

Economy ... Save the points lol. on Chase it costs around 30,000 points for round trip in October.   I have done no research and just did this on a Whim looking at it on Chase travel through the UR portal. Havent spent any points yet and have 43,800 points. I should of saved that 20,000 from the freedom lol.   As far as hotels Go i still have the free Night with my Marriott card so probably use that 

Why aren't you transferring to partner to fly 25 k rt to west coast? Preferably I would do transfer to Virginia Atlantic or Singapore air lines and find flight that way on virgin America. I don't know how many openings there are on those flights ,but you shouldn't use for than 25k points to fly to cali imo

It was just me being curious lol .. Probably would do that once i figure out if i seriously want to go lol.   Probably want to put that onto a 0% APR card and carry the balance for a while 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 782 of 1,708
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

It was just me being curious lol .. Probably would do that once i figure out if i seriously want to go lol.   Probably want to put that onto a 0% APR card and carry the balance for a while 

If you use your 25k on airfare, I would use CSP or another card with travel bonus to get bonus spending on hotels 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 783 of 1,708
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Hello GC,

Updates on TU FICO (Discover) today: 686.

So at the end of 5 months of gardening: 

TU 653 --> 686 (33 points gained) No INQ or new tradelines

EQ 632 --> 655 (23 points gained) 1 INQ for DCU Checking, free FICO is worth it.

EX gain / loss unknown. I'll apply for AMEX CLI again in October, will hopefully get to know my scores then. And get a CLI from AMEX finally. 

Message 784 of 1,708
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

If you use your 25k on airfare, I would use CSP or another card with travel bonus to get bonus spending on hotels 

Cheapest i seen is 37,000 miles Round Trip total  on united 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 785 of 1,708
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Gardening date gets reset to todays... I am in now for a longer run for sure than my previous 20 odd days Smiley Happy Seriously eyeing 800 now.

PS: Mods, kindly requesting the seedling image if I am in the clear regarding post count.

Message 786 of 1,708
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

Although my overall UTL raised another 1%, One of my inquiries dropped, That means 6 down, 24 more to go... =P

im looking at your sig and see that Citi Simplicity and they gave you only $1,000 !? Smiley Surprisedisn't that card to consoliate your credit card debt ? i was thinking getting it but man i owe more than $1,000 on other cards that i would like to have 0% APR much longer for Smiley Wink

Average American FICO Score Hits All -Time HIGH

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Average-American-FICO-Score-Hits-All-Time-HIGH/td-p/3439725

Yeah, I was only approved for $1,000 and they won't budge on the CLI.

My mom was approved for $8,500 and my dad for $10,000...

I was approved for $4,000 on my Citi TYP and then after apping apped for the Simplicity and got $2,000

Closinggracer99 i think you forgot to add another 0 to your Chase Sapphire Preferred in your sig. I swear if Chase ever gave anyone $5 credit limit i would never apply for a Chase card! Smiley Tongue

Message 787 of 1,708
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

My Gardening date gets reset to todays... I am in now for a longer run for sure than my previous 20 odd days Smiley Happy Seriously eyeing 800 now.

PS: Mods, kindly requesting the seedling image if I am in the clear regarding post count.

All set.  
Message 788 of 1,708
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Good Morning all. Hope all is well in the Gardening world.

Message 789 of 1,708
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I've got to get serious about gardening again. Just got my EX score from Wells Fargo and it's all the way down to 731. I'm pretty sure I was rebucketed because before I apped for anything my scores dropped 20 points for no apparant reason. Now I have two pulls on EX in the last two months and two new accounts. At least my Platinum is backdated... Meh.

Message 790 of 1,708
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.