Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

Hi Fellow Gardners--

It's been a bit since my last post, but I do sneak a peek when I can.

My Arrival+ is getting quite the workout.  I let i close with a $6.8K balance, which I paid within the week.  Hoping to get a nice boost after the 1st of the year when the card will hit a year.  As it stands now it will probably close with about $4.5k next month. 

I tried some of the pre-qualified sites just to see where I am - no plans on apping.  Citi returned the Simplicity. The other sites still return "nothing for you, but you can try one of these."  At least, I have one showing some progress in the right direction.

Other than  that not a lot to report credit wise.  Sure my scores will take a hit with the big balance reporting, but that effect will soon dissappear.  Hope everyone is doing well credit wise and other wise.

Message 1051 of 1,708
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I recently went on an app spree which left me with approvals but about 15-17 inquiries within a 3 month span. I most definitely need to garden. Can you help me get started?

Message 1052 of 1,708
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am back from my trip looks like i am going to be gardening for as long as i can. 

Welcome back mongs Smiley Happy

hello sir, i am back wish i was still in thailand. Trying to install ios 8 on my mom's 5s its taking forever and an day is that normal ?

Oh gosh, yes. It took forever on my iPhone 5 haha. I have the 6 + now though. 

Message 1053 of 1,708
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I recently went on an app spree which left me with approvals but about 15-17 inquiries within a 3 month span. I most definitely need to garden. Can you help me get started?

Congrats on the approvals and welcome to the garden! Smiley Happy

Message 1054 of 1,708
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Welcome, pick some plants you want to grow, pick your weeder of choice, relax in your shabby clothes, and garden forthwith.

Signature needs updating
Message 1055 of 1,708
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Welcome, pick some plants you want to grow, pick your wowed er of choice, relax in your shabby clothes, and garden forthwith.

What does this mean?

Message 1056 of 1,708
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Welcome, pick some plants you want to grow, pick your wowed er of choice, relax in your shabby clothes, and garden forthwith.

What does this mean?

It means I'm typing on an iPad, WHICH HATES the rich text forum reply box, AND you quoted me before the fix showed up (it's weeder).  Still keeps changing the word on me.  

Signature needs updating
Message 1057 of 1,708
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Welcome to the GC!!

You already started by joining. Next step is to set a firm goal and take the sound advice that is offered by the veterans.

Best of luck with your credit goals.

Message 1058 of 1,708
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

What does this mean?

It means I'm typing on an iPad, WHICH HATES the rich text forum reply box, AND you quoted me before the fix showed up (it's weeder).  Still keeps changing the word on me.  

lol No worries. Have the same issues when I use the full version of this site on my iPhone. Smiley Happy Got it

Message 1059 of 1,708
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Hello GC.

First week of my 6th month.

Got an email from AMEX: "To recognize your excellent history as an American Express® Card Member, we are pleased to inform you that the credit limit on your account referenced above has increased to $2,000.00." 

It was stuck at $1k since Nov 2013. I didn't know about 3X CLI etc before joining this forum; and my utilization was pretty sucky all this time. So they denied my any CLI in April, May, and June this year. Right now my AMEX util is at 80% (of 1k) and all across it's about 35%. I'm paying down almost all of it by end of this month. 

I was planning to hit the CLI button with AMEX later next month, presumably after they did an SP and saw that I was being good, i.e. paying down all balances. I was hoping to get this limit to 3k. Now what do I do? Do I need to wait 6 months from today to hit the CLI button?

BTW, I was also doing a round of "Yay!" dance. 

Message 1060 of 1,708
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.