Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

@starry1 wrote:
Thanks all. I'm just waiting for my ride to come take me out to the Brazilian steakhouse.

Good eaten there...Smiley Happy

Have fun and have one on me 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1511 of 1,708
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

So my question are high limit worth it without a signing bonus, great rewards or canceling you original plan to rush in and app?

Like with any other app, I think it comes down to personal goals and preferences. To me personally, it is not worth it. While a high CL is nice, my utilization is low enough to concentrate on getting cards that give me rewards for my spending. If I had a card with a $20K CL, but no rewards, chances are I will never use. However, that card might be worth it to someone else. Having said that, I don't think it's ever a good idea to rush into anything. Smiley Happy 

At my time in the game (I mean garden), I won't be getting those huge offer cards for awhile.  But I will spend enough to get close to the citi double cash if I could qualify for it.

No, it's not enough for me to drop my plans, their underwriting is starting to tighten anyway.  BUT, with my current lines of credit and utilization, I would like to app for this on my next app break.  I'm not really looking for over $5k, and when renewal time comes for my fncc legacy, this would make a nice replacement.  I always research the cards first anyways, don't need to jump out of garden until scores optimized anyway.

Signature needs updating
Message 1512 of 1,708
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Irisa wrote:

So my question are high limit worth it without a signing bonus, great rewards or canceling you original plan to rush in and app?

Like with any other app, I think it comes down to personal goals and preferences. To me personally, it is not worth it. While a high CL is nice, my utilization is low enough to concentrate on getting cards that give me rewards for my spending. If I had a card with a $20K CL, but no rewards, chances are I will never use. However, that card might be worth it to someone else. Having said that, I don't think it's ever a good idea to rush into anything. Smiley Happy 

Personally, it isnt worth it to me. A card that I'm aware I'll never use serves no purpose to me even with a high CL. My spending habits, income and lifestyle neither warrant the necessity or desire for high CL's and I have no issues keeping my utilization low so dont need the assistance there. I'll be happy as a clam at high tide if all six (maybe seven.....might want the Jetblue card eventually) of my wish cards end up with limits between 1k - 5k. Smiley Very Happy Taking another hit to my already short AAoA for a card I dont need would definitely not be wise. But to each their own, I respect that everyones journey here is different.

Message 1513 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

Hi Family 

I thought I'd better shed some light on the gardening being a safe zone for no app talking so as not to tempt others who have taken refuge in the GC

Part of being here is to have companionship and support when needed.

So things like this is ok 

I'm gardening to get my CSP and to do that I need to raise my scores and let my HP's age. 

I'm 2 months away from completing my gardening and i'm close to the cards I want. Which are CAP1 Discover and XXX

Hey insert name here you still going for the CSP and how are you coming along in your journey?

These are goals and we encourage you to share your goals with each other for moral supports.

We walk the path hand in hand as a team and we want everyone to take an active roll in the GC as well as each other.

App talk these should be asked in a thread on the forum

Does anyone think the scores in my sig will get me approved? 

Is Amex INQ sensitive and are XXXX________XXXX_________ok with them?

I have a CO and CA do you think I can be approved for XXXX?

Thought we needed to clarify the difference between supporting each others goals vs app talk in the GC 

So drum up some support and help each other out 

Thanks MJ

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1514 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Irisa wrote:

At my time in the game (I mean garden), I won't be getting those huge offer cards for awhile.  But I will spend enough to get close to the citi double cash if I could qualify for it.

No, it's not enough for me to drop my plans, their underwriting is starting to tighten anyway.  BUT, with my current lines of credit and utilization, I would like to app for this on my next app break.  I'm not really looking for over $5k, and when renewal time comes for my fncc legacy, this would make a nice replacement.  I always research the cards first anyways, don't need to jump out of garden until scores optimized anyway.

HI ya Imperfectfuture,

I like your thinking 

Thanks for contributing to the discussion

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1515 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Irisa wrote:

Personally, it isnt worth it to me. A card that I'm aware I'll never use serves no purpose to me even with a high CL. My spending habits, income and lifestyle neither warrant the necessity or desire for high CL's and I have no issues keeping my utilization low so dont need the assistance there. I'll be happy as a clam at high tide if all six (maybe seven.....might want the Jetblue card eventually) of my wish cards end up with limits between 1k - 5k. Smiley Very Happy Taking another hit to my already short AAoA for a card I dont need would definitely not be wise. But to each their own, I respect that everyones journey here is different.

I'm loving these answers 

Rational thoughts from all

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1516 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

On behalf of the GC club

Welcome To The Gardens Friday Night Social Event

Garden rules apply

No Drapping Allowed

Respect Everyone's Opinion

Drink responsibly in the virtual world as well as in the real world

Have fun

Any Friday is : Open Forum ....answer a question or ask a question.

If you're new to the garden and would like to know something about the garden or have questions please ask.

If we can't answer it we will point you in the right direction.

Tonight your thoughts please?

Every now and again a lender comes along and gives big limits.

It's almost like they opened the flood gates and as fast as we find out on the forum it spreads like wild fire and it starts a feeding frenzy starts.Smiley Happy

Tonight's Menu

Shrimp stir fry

Lobster stir fry with ginger

Drink Menu

Wine and Beer

Non alcoholic drinks available

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1517 of 1,708
Irisa
Senior Contributor

myjourney wrote:

Hi Family 

I thought I'd better shed some light on the gardening being a safe zone for no app talking so as not to tempt others who have taken refuge in the GC

I'm gardening to get my CSP and to do that I need to raise my scores and let my HP's age. 

I'm 2 months away from completing my gardening and i'm close to the cards I want. Which are CAP1 Discover and XXX

Hey insert name here you still going for the CSP and how are you coming along in your journey?

These are goals and we encourage you to share your goals with each other for moral supports.

We walk the path hand in hand as a team and we want everyone to take an active roll in the GC as well as each other.

Thought we needed to clarify the difference between supporting each others goals vs app talk in the GC 

Thanks MJ

Got it, boss. Smiley Wink 

Message 1518 of 1,708
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Hi Family 

Thanks MJ

Got it, boss. Smiley Wink 

Smiley Happy

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1519 of 1,708
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Smiley Happy

Btw MJ, that Ruby looks good on you! Do you think you'll get a Diamond? 

Message 1520 of 1,708
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.