Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting for June 2011

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting for June 2011

I have been in the garden for the last couple of months. The only thing I have app'd for is PSECU - and was approved.

That was for FICO Score!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 31 of 73
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

this sucks...i've been gardening and at the same time have my BBRZ  cc to update my history on my credit reports.  and they keep telling me the same thing...that they update credit files each month.  and i keep asking them that if they do...why does it still show on all 3 credit reports that the last time my credit report was updated was for the month of March?  im frustrated because my cap one card updated that i have no balance and now im showing on EX that my revolving available credit for my credit cards is at 70%.  if BBRZ would just freakin' update my report it would show that i would have almost 100% available both cards.  not 100% because after i paid off the balances because i charged small stuffs (about $65 on both cards).  im pretty sure if they just report that i have a very minimal balance (and i now plan on keeping it that way) that i can pay off each month, it would help my score.  but they just keep saying they update each month and credit bureaus can take up to 60 days to update!  why am i not believing them? Man Mad

Message 32 of 73
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

My name is llecs and I am an app addict. It has been 3 months, 17 days, 14 hours, and 32 minutes since my last app.

BTW, if we are gardening, what are the weeds? Would apping for more CCs help crowd out those weeds, like drinking more would help my alcohol addiction? (looking for justification to hit the trigger...DW just got a new Amex preapproval and it is legit).

Message 33 of 73
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

My name is llecs and I am an app addict. It has been 3 months, 17 days, 14 hours, and 32 minutes since my last app.

BTW, if we are gardening, what are the weeds? Would apping for more CCs help crowd out those weeds, like drinking more would help my alcohol addiction? (looking for justification to hit the trigger...DW just got a new Amex preapproval and it is legit).

Sometimes I can't tell if this is the Garden Club or Appaholics Annonymous, LOL!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 34 of 73
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Gardening is very boring...but it's a must. I've added 4 new CCs within the L2 months (Dillards Amex, BB Store, Priceline Rewards, Amex SPG) and it's time to garden to let the inquiries fall off. I took a nice hit to my Fico but will bounce back after 1yr of time. So...gardening is the only option.

Already, I am thinking about another card in 1yr and that is a Continental One Pass Plus. In the meantime, I need to garden these following CCs and will request a CLI in 6 months of due time from each card. Smiley Wink

Chase Freedom

Chase Freedom Exclusives

Priceline Rewards Visa

Amex SPG

Dillards Amex

BB Store CC

Shell Gas Card

1 installment loan with a balance of $5K from the initial balance of $25K. Perfect payment history and no lates on this installment.

I am at 35% UTIL and working my way of getting that down to less than 10% on all my revolving CL in the next 6 months, than ask for a CLI across all my CCs. It's pointless to app for any new CCs now with my current credit situation and 35% util. I'll be wasting a hard IQ. I am pretty happy where I am at in terms of CL and CCs that are available to me.

Message 35 of 73
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Tinuviel -- Thanks for the info -- very insightful.  Very much like yourself, I'm a member of the "Cards Gone Wild" club from more than 20 years ago.  The AmEx green was my first credit card -- I was 18 years-old.  By age 19 -- it has crashed and burned.  Mine was only a few hundred, as well.

Fast forward to today, my credit is great now (I'm a lot more responsible, of course) -- and I get AmEx offers in the mail routinely.  So, I'm wondering if I should apply, as I would really benefit from the backdating (1989 or 90, I believe).

I feel as though I would be approved, but just wanting to get my ducks in a row before pulling the trigger.  I just received a $20,000 NFCU Visa and am wanting to let that marinate for a bit before apping AmEx.  I've also heard that it is more advantageous to one's AAoAs to app AmEx in January -- so I may wait until then.

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 36 of 73
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

It is really nice to get the back-date!

I had my first AMEX Green in 1979. Closed it in about 1985 - tired of paying the AF.

Opened a Zync this year back in March. Took a little doing, but was able to get that card back-dated to 1979. Helped my AAoA by 8 years.

Worth the trouble for sure! When you are ready, go for it!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 37 of 73
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Got a pre-selected offer from HSBC Platinum MC, this is my 2nd offer ever since my rebuilding began.  But I'm going to wait it out since I'm trying to garden for a few months.  Just thought Id share since I have logged onto its website twice tonight with tempations of applying!  

Message 38 of 73
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

I hear you, and congrats.  Tear it up!

Yesterday I got 2... a Commerce Bank pre-approval and a Discover More Card pre-approval.

Not doing it.  I actually have 2 hard inquiries during the past 2 years from Discover when they denied me for a More card twice.Smiley Mad

Too late Discover.  Amex was nice to me twice, and so was Chase, you're a little too late to the party.

My frozen CRA accounts will stay on ice!

Oh, and speaking of Amex, yesterday over the phone they agreed to backdate my 4 month old cards to 1985 when I had a Green and an Optima.  Third phone call I've made on this over the past 90 days, and finally success.  I found an old credit report with the card info on it which helped me make my case.

Lots of gardening activities possible without apping, getting easier.

Message 39 of 73
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Now I need to Garden.  Since January I applied for the Amex Clear, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, Shell (regret this one and wouldn't have done it if the Blue Cash Preferred was already out!) and Citi.  December 1st, or so, I plan on trying for CLIs.  I'm really resisting the urge to app despite receiving Discover preapprovals.  All my baddies should be off within a few months. 

How can we make gardening fun?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 40 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.