Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting for September 2011

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Meeting for September 2011

2 days into september and still in the garden.  Curious to see what my September scores are with the Walmart TU FiCO...  Still itching to pull the trigger on the Amex card, but I have failed in the past a few times.... Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 81
castlefox
Regular Contributor

After getting my alliant card up 2,000 I'll be gardening until Janurary.   When I Janurary hits I will have two active cards that are over a year old and only one inqurery in the past year. 

Im thinking of actually signing up for that free trial to see what my FICO score is. 

I really want the AMEX Blue Cash Everyday card but I dont think ill have a long enough credit file for it.  I'll continue to search for the right for me until then. 

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 12 of 81
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I am going to TRY to garden, we will see if this works. I received Hilton Honors AMEX in July (couldn't pass up all those emails about the possible 62500 pts). Plan was to wait until January to app for AMEX Blue Cash (to take more advantage of backdating), and get rid of toy cards (Orchard, RZMC). I should have cancelled these earlier, but figured I would wait until the AF is due in December. I apped for the Nordstrom Signature Visa last week (bad influesnce on these boards) and got a 7-10 day notice, and a letter requesting a copy of my Driver's License and a Utility bill for ID verification. I SWEAR I am not apping for anything else this year!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 13 of 81
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Do soft pulls = falling off the gardening wagon?

Just trying to figure out what level out what level of discipline is required. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drkaje wrote:

Just trying to figure out what level out what level of discipline is required. Smiley Happy

Not exactly, but soft pulls can lead to hard pulls if you're not careful. It's like flirting.

Message 15 of 81
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Not exactly, but soft pulls can lead to hard pulls if you're not careful. It's like flirting.

Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 81
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

I'd be practicing safe-credit, LOL!

Just looking at how a CLI would affect utilization.  My long term commitment to a $0, on all cards, is intact.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 81
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

I'd be practicing safe-credit, LOL!

Just looking at how a CLI would affect utilization.  My long term commitment to a $0, on all cards, is intact.

I think CLIs are OK, they are the aromatic herbs in the garden!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 18 of 81
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I will attempt to garden for the first time this year. Hoping to get to 6 mths of steady gardening!!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 19 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

soft pull = flirting

hard pull = unexpected/unwanted pregnancy? 

I guess it can happen that fast... Smiley Happy

I'm actually not having too bad of a time with gardening lately.  It's getting easier as time goes by!

Message 20 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.