Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting for September 2011

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting for September 2011

I'm still clean.

Did opt back in, though. Preparing myself for the right pre-approvals next year.

There are only about three cards I even want. I'm not positioned (high utilization, 55%) for either. In the same vein, I might go for having my Chase Freedom upgraded instead of a new card. I do want a USAA card and another Amex but have sort of given up on PenFed's gas card unless they pre-approve.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 71 of 81
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The only difficult part about gardening is staying away from that app button!

That is so true!!  In the past couple of days, I've been so close to pushing the app button, but I've found a way to stop myself.  I have a "sticky note" on my computer that I see every time I turn it on; and on it, I posted in big, bold letters "No Apping Until After March 2012!" So far, it's working...although the temptation is definitely there!  Smiley Very Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 72 of 81
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone please open the garden door for me?  Can I still join you guys?  I'm in garden mode for 6 months

Absolutely! Welcome to the club. You may pick up your complientary garden gloves and watering can at the table near the entrance way. Smiley Happy

What about me???  Can I get in the gardening club, or do my scores not have enough fertilizer??  Smiley Sad

Of course you may join the club! Welcome to you, as well. Smiley Happy

And remember, your scores don't HAVE fertilizer per se, but rather you continually ADD fertilizer -- regular credit usage, timely payments, limiting inquiries, managing AAoA, etc. -- so that your scores will grow and/or maintain healthy levels. Smiley Wink

It's hard not to "reduce" the amount of fertilizer that I use for my garden...but I know it'll be worth it in the long run...  Smiley Wink

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 73 of 81
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Just checking in. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 74 of 81
jla84
Regular Contributor

So I said I was gardening, but Chase surprised me and apparently did a GW removal of my 30 day late. Since my score increased MAJORLY and I no longer have any baddies at all on my report, I may be apping for Citi Forward or a Discover card in a month or so when I can be sure that all 3 reports have been updated to reflect the change. Ahhhhh! 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Message 75 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't applied for anything since my discover card about 3-4 months ago. It has been hard... but I have resisted fairly well... except for applying for the walmart card and they pulled TU, which is frozen.... then I had regrets and decided not to unfreeze it.Thank god

Message 76 of 81
lethalweapon
Established Member

Hi Guys!

I am mentally prepping to garden for the next year and a half or so.

Currently I have:

Citi Simplicity opened in July 2011 with $5,900 Credit Limit

Bank of America-Platinum Opened April 2008 with $2,500 Credit Limit

And Lastly, Capital One opened in Feb 2011 with $500 Credit Limit

I plan on aplying for two cards in Mid 2013, as soon as my 2 baddies fall off...I have a paid medical collections and a charge off from 2006.

Lets hope that I can beat the urge of hitting the apply button.

Message 77 of 81
lithium78
Established Contributor

I am entering the garden for the next year.  My scores need major improvement if I want to get more prime cards and that means staying away from applications.  I wish I hadn't called BBRZ and BoA for CLI's because both were hard pulls.  Ouch.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 78 of 81
screeema
Valued Member

Hello,

I so need to be in the gardening club.

I recently just got a Discover More $1000

Target  $500

my BR card was up graded to a BR Visa with a $4000 cl!! from $1300!!

I also have

Chase Freedom $2000

PayPal SC $1900

BB Store Card $2800

BBMRZ $800

Cap One $750

Sony Cap One $750

Macy's

Orchard $400

FP  $600

FP  $450

Nordstom $3500

I need to get rid of FP, although the $450 is my oldest card, it does have an AF

What do you think? Get rid of the 2 FP's and Orchard??

Message 79 of 81
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Apparently I'm gardening with my one CC (cap 1 $500 CL). I have three baddies I'm trying to GW. I believe one is set to fall off in Spring of 2012. The one cc I'm contemplating app'ing is the BoA secured and just growing with them. If I'm going to wait a year anyways, might as well start developing a relationship with a legitimate institution.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 80 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.