Re: Garden Club - November 2015

@FinStar wrote:

Filling Wine Glass.gif

Only you ROFLOL

Cheers buddy 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 521 of 718
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Welcome to the Gardens: Friday Night Social Thanksgiving Special

Since the holiday is next week I thought we could have another GC family Thanksgiving

Menu: Something for everyone

We're all thankful for family, love and health.

So tonight let's spin that thought to the left a bit!!!!!!! hmmmmm

Tonight's questions:

What are you GC thankful for: Support, knowledge, help, making new friends that share your goals?

Are you in better financial health this year compared to last Thanksgiving?

What are your plans for the holiday?

Fell free to answer tonight's question or ask any credit related question and if we don't know the answer rest assured we'll point you in the right direction

***********On a sad note:*************

This will be the final Friday Night Social

I'm sad because we spent a lot of Friday's kicking off the weekend.Smiley Sad

Sharing knowledge as well as good times and laughter from 7- 3am the next morningSmiley Surprised

I personally enjoyed every last minute of it and met some amazing people which I've always referred to as my GC family.Heart

A very special and heart felt/shout out to two incredible forum members who helped run the Friday Night Social.....Y'all the bomb for sure and thank you.

Yes-its-me

Irish

5K kudo's and 10K Bravo's to my partner in crime if you every read this....You helped me build the social in 2 time zones.............Lexie............Lexie.............Lexie....Miss you!!!!Heart

Who knows someday I may bring the social back if time allows.

With all that said.....The bar is open and the drinks are on me...

Don't drink and drive.....be safe and enjoy the holiday seasonSmiley Wink

MJ

Drink Menu 

Cranberry Ginger Fizz

Remy XO shots 

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I can't wait!!!  Ok, so I'm grateful for the support and the exciting and funny times often had in the GC.  I'm definitely in better financial health this Thanksgiving.  Last Thanksgiving I was several months behind on my student loans and frequently overdrafting my checking account.  I was also in a significant amount of credit card debt and now only have balances that I'm able to pay in full each month or are within their 0% APR period.

My sister will be in town so we will eat Thanksgiving dinner with our mom and then I'd love to brave the Black Friday specials at car dealerships but I have to work... maybe that's actually a good thing haha keeps me from jumping out of the garden less than a week after I pick up my gold spade!

Message 522 of 718
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Hi All,

Had to sign in to check on a credit alert (it was a good one), so I thought I'd pop in to say "Hi" and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Not much to report. No apps since SimplyCash on 10/20. Did get a 3 pt bump on Experian.

Have a good night and a great holiday week.

PEACE

Message 523 of 718
myjourney
Super Contributor

@grneydangl wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Welcome to the Gardens: Friday Night Social Thanksgiving Special

Since the holiday is next week I thought we could have another GC family Thanksgiving

Menu: Something for everyone

We're all thankful for family, love and health.

So tonight let's spin that thought to the left a bit!!!!!!! hmmmmm

Tonight's questions:

What are you GC thankful for: Support, knowledge, help, making new friends that share your goals?

Are you in better financial health this year compared to last Thanksgiving?

What are your plans for the holiday?

Fell free to answer tonight's question or ask any credit related question and if we don't know the answer rest assured we'll point you in the right direction

***********On a sad note:*************

This will be the final Friday Night Social

I'm sad because we spent a lot of Friday's kicking off the weekend.Smiley Sad

Sharing knowledge as well as good times and laughter from 7- 3am the next morningSmiley Surprised

I personally enjoyed every last minute of it and met some amazing people which I've always referred to as my GC family.Heart

A very special and heart felt/shout out to two incredible forum members who helped run the Friday Night Social.....Y'all the bomb for sure and thank you.

Yes-its-me

Irish

5K kudo's and 10K Bravo's to my partner in crime if you every read this....You helped me build the social in 2 time zones.............Lexie............Lexie.............Lexie....Miss you!!!!Heart

Who knows someday I may bring the social back if time allows.

With all that said.....The bar is open and the drinks are on me...

Don't drink and drive.....be safe and enjoy the holiday seasonSmiley Wink

MJ

Drink Menu 

Cranberry Ginger Fizz

Remy XO shots 

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I can't wait!!!  Ok, so I'm grateful for the support and the exciting and funny times often had in the GC.  I'm definitely in better financial health this Thanksgiving.  Last Thanksgiving I was several months behind on my student loans and frequently overdrafting my checking account.  I was also in a significant amount of credit card debt and now only have balances that I'm able to pay in full each month or are within their 0% APR period.

My sister will be in town so we will eat Thanksgiving dinner with our mom and then I'd love to brave the Black Friday specials at car dealerships but I have to work... maybe that's actually a good thing haha keeps me from jumping out of the garden less than a week after I pick up my gold spade!

Welcome to the social 

I love reading a good success story and sounds to me like you've had a wonderful year ....Bravo 

Early congrats on the gold spade somehow I don't think anything will stand in your way of getting and displaying it with pride 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 524 of 718
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Hi All,

Had to sign in to check on a credit alert (it was a good one), so I thought I'd pop in to say "Hi" and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Not much to report. No apps since SimplyCash on 10/20. Did get a 3 pt bump on Experian.

PEACE

There's a long time friend and missed GC member 

Hi ya Focus and enjoy your holiday .....

Your daughter coming home?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 525 of 718
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Hi All,

PEACE

Hey mj - it has been a long time.  How are things with the business?

How have you been?  Yes, DD will be home for the holidays, but the even better news is I gt to see her every week, since she got a Sunday job in town.Smiley Very Happy

Message 526 of 718
myjourney
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Hi All,

PEACE

Hey mj - it has been a long time.  How are things with the business? Business is great 

How have you been? I'm well and hoping the same for you

Yes, DD will be home for the holidays, but the even better news is I gt to see her every week, since she got a Sunday job in town.Smiley Very Happy Oh now this is wonderful news ....I know you been smiling from ear to ear 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 527 of 718
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Hi All,

PEACE

Hey mj - it has been a long time.  How are things with the business? Business is great 

Yes, DD will be home for the holidays, but the even better news is I gt to see her every week, since she got a Sunday job in town.Smiley Very Happy Oh now this is wonderful news ....I know you been smiling from ear to ear 

Yep, I'm a happy, proud mama bear.  Can't believe she will be finished next May.Smiley Surprised  She will have earned her BA and MSEd in just 4 yrs. Couldn't be more proud!  ...and her credit is excellent.Smiley Wink

Glad your business is doing well.  Just getting mine off the ground. Juggling a lot of responsibilities, but things look pretty promising.

Message 528 of 718
myjourney
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Hi All,

PEACE

Yep, I'm a happy, proud mama bear.  Can't believe she will be finished next May.Smiley Surprised  She will have earned her BA and MSEd in just 4 yrs. Couldn't be more proud!  ...and her credit is excellent.Smiley Wink

Glad your business is doing well.  Just getting mine off the ground. Juggling a lot of responsibilities, but things look pretty promising.

My assessment of stepping out on your own in business 

First signs say you stepped out in a tornado and all the puzzle pieces have been mixed up 

Then you see your first pcs of the puzzle,  then your second pcs and before you know it its no longer a puzzle but a completed pcs of art that you assembled

So hang in there at all cost 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 529 of 718
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

My assessment of stepping out on your own in business 

First signs say you stepped out in a tornado and all the puzzle pieces have been mixed up 

Then you see your first pcs of the puzzle,  then your second pcs and before you know it its no longer a puzzle but a completed pcs of art that you assembled

So hang in there at all cost 

Thanks for the advice - I will take it to heart.

Message 530 of 718
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.