Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - November 2015

Louisiana Smiley Happy
Message 541 of 718
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Morning! Mommys birthday is Thursday so Im out getting her gift and then to the post office. Heres how the amusing convo went:
Mom: Never mind the Friday's gift card, you know what I want?
Me: No mother but whatever it is I'll happily get it.
Mom: Grits. Albers Grits. Dont get me that instant stuff I want the slow cook kind. And gallon ziploc bags.
Me: *pause* Uh I'm sorry did you say you want GRITS for your birthday? And what in the world are you gonna do with the ziploc bags mom?
Mom: YES grits. The ziploc bags are for you. Pour the grits in there so you can fit more in the priority mail boxes.
Me: *through my laughter* Ok...so let me make sure I've got this right. For your birthday you want boxes of grits repackaged in ziploc gallon bags?
Mom: Im the one getting old so why are you the one acting hard of hearing? Thats what I said child.
Me: Ok mommy Smiley Very Happy

So here I am in Safeways parking lot repackaging grits while chuckling the whole time. I could send her grits anytime! But hey its her birthday and you dont argue with mom. Smiley Happy

Lol grits huh ....who knew 

Happy Birthday to mom

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 542 of 718
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Louisiana Smiley Happy

Figured...my family's from there too - Shreveport(you mentioned Gumbo the other day).  Happy birthday to your momSmiley Happy

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 543 of 718
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Louisiana Smiley Happy

Figured...my family is from Shreveport (you mentioned gumbo the other day).  Happy birthday to your momSmiley Happy

sorry for double post

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 544 of 718
laurenjessica
Frequent Contributor

Good evening, GC! Thread is dangerously close to falling off the first page, so I'm saving it Smiley Happy

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!

Credit cards:
NUS000000091-480x304-STRAIGHT-96unnamedmissionlanemobileIRIDESCENTpaypal-cashback-credit-card-16373091c11536849downloadvenmoTJX-Rewards-Platinum-Mastercardcardart-prim-645x406
AU Cards:
disney-premier-cardNUS000000327-480x304-STRAIGHT-96NUS000000269-480x304-STRAIGHT-96
Store Cards:
Credit-Card-Large61d9c1a7-5683-4228-8bb4-c2747006069dAPSC-SECUREDCARD-CB658179059Kohls-CC-no-egt-SM-RGBpinkimg093647Paypal-Credit-Logo-Ameri-Commerceimg056321sc-plus-black-Creditcard
Auto loan:
toyota

Actively rebuilding since August 2022.

Starting FICO 8 scores (8/24/2022):

Current FICO 8 scores (2/12/2024):
Message 545 of 718
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

I MADE IT TO GOLD!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 546 of 718
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too! I can't believe I made it past 6 months without a single inquiry or application or new accoun!

My scores are going up as the accounts age!!

@grneydangl wrote:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

I MADE IT TO GOLD!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 547 of 718
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Sunday, all! I am sitting here in my dark house wearing my favorite leggings and wrapped in my favorite blanket. I am looking at my Christmas tree all pretty and colorful in the corner and I am totally relaxed. I love weekends.

Nothing new on the credit front. I have reached the point in my credit journey where I think that only time can heal me now. Eventually that late payment will fall off and my accounts will age. CK says age of accounts is 1 year and 8 months. I don't know if this is correct in terms of FICO scoring or not. Either way, I think only time and proper management of my current accounts will help. Because of this, I do not have the urge to app for anything. The DC was my unicorn, but the more I read about it, the less I want it. I think I will just stick with Disco and the double promo and then fall back on my QS for non-category spend once the Discover promo is over. No having the desire to app is fantastic. Now I will concerntrate on saving for a downpayment on a home and paying off my student loan. #FinallyInAGoodPlace

Message 548 of 718
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nawhop wrote:

Is combining CL w no HP and clsoing one of the accounts after that still count as in the garden? 

That wouldn't affect your gardening date. Neither does a soft pull CLI. The only things that would are HPs and new accounts. There are some exceptions for those (such as renting a place or setting up a checking account), but that's the general rule.

Message 549 of 718
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ok my time has come to join the garden club with every intention of being here for 6 month initially and work towards 12 months.  Got everything I have wanted CC wise the last year and a half and now need to let my credit profile heal for the constant onslaught of inquiries and new accounts.  Must remain away from approval section or FOTM cardsSmiley Happy..  Guess it is time to give advise vs. apply Smiley Frustrated

This month I have added like 3 new cards, but also let that amount of cards go as well.  Has been a good run for me.

Message 550 of 718
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.