Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2015

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2015

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving all!  Tomorrow I will be in a Bah, humbug type mood I think.

Oh CC...whats the matter?? LOL..

Hello everyone else! Happy Day to all!Smiley Happy

Message 651 of 718
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Gotta work tomorrow although at least from home / my bed and when I say work I am salary and get paid for it, but will only be online not actually working(no sense in going into the office tomorrow and everyone else I believe is taking the day off, why my company doesn't give it to us as a paid holiday is beyond me)..  Probably be spending money that I hate to part with and all the holiday kinda stuff.  What the heck do I get my parents and my sister as they have everything they already need.  Holidays stress me outSmiley Happy

Message 652 of 718
Brenex
Valued Member

Alright, I'm out of the garden after 30 months. I couldn't resist the double cash card. I'm tired of using random things for my misc purchases which just ended up being my BCE. Haha. I applied online and it had my call in. I spoke with someone and after a 3 minutes wait she said I was applied (not sure what the purpose of calling in was?). I transferred some credit from my Dividend card I never use to bring my double cash limit to $2000. Back to the garden until something significantly new comes along.

Message 653 of 718
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@DFLeiva congrats on your approval..  You lasted over two years in the garden you deserve itSmiley Happy.. Anything else you want while you are out? As you probably have a grand total of 1 HPSmiley Happy

Message 654 of 718
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Gotta work tomorrow although at least from home / my bed and when I say work I am salary and get paid for it, but will only be online not actually working(no sense in going into the office tomorrow and everyone else I believe is taking the day off, why my company doesn't give it to us as a paid holiday is beyond me)..  Probably be spending money that I hate to part with and all the holiday kinda stuff.  What the heck do I get my parents and my sister as they have everything they already need.  Holidays stress me outSmiley Happy

seriously CC....after all this time, Id think you read my threads, LOL.. I made a thread about this not too long ago...

My parents have everything too, but I cashed in  butt load of points on Venture, and got them GC's to eat at their favorite places....on meSmiley Happy LOTS of places!! Smiley Happy

Message 655 of 718
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

seriously CC....after all this time, Id think you read my threads, LOL.. I made a thread about this not too long ago...

My parents have everything too, but I cashed in  butt load of points on Venture, and got them GC's to eat at their favorite places....on meSmiley Happy LOTS of places!! Smiley Happy

Yes I did remember reading that.. Could just give them cash as well, but they have enough of that lol..  Trying to think of something they haven't done nor necessarily would ever do unless someone bought it for them and they felt guilty if they didn't do it.  Let me give you an example one Christmas I gave them a hot air baloon champagne breakfast baloon ride, not sure they were thrilled about it, but ultiamtely they ended up enjoying it:Smiley Happy.  Trying to think of something along those lines maybe bunggie jumping lol.  Kidding on that one, don't need them to die of a heart attack.. So maybe sky divingSmiley Happy

Message 656 of 718
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yes I did remember reading that.. Could just give them cash as well, but they have enough of that lol..  Trying to think of something they haven't done nor necessarily would ever do unless someone bought it for them and they felt guilty if they didn't do it.  Let me give you an example one Christmas I gave them a hot air baloon champagne breakfast baloon ride, not sure they were thrilled about it, but ultiamtely they ended up enjoying it:Smiley Happy.  Trying to think of something along those lines maybe bunggie jumping lol.  Kidding on that one, don't need them to die of a heart attack.. So maybe sky divingSmiley Happy

omg...youre such a romantic! I didnt know you possessed that hidden quality! LOL..Smiley Wink  You will make some woman very lucky one daySmiley Wink

Message 657 of 718
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit scores have stabilized for the most part. As I hope to have most of my cards reporting a zero balance in March, we will see just how much utilization will affect the numbers. Plus in April, a number of inquiries will hit one year which should also help.

In other semi related news, with any luck, my annual income should start climbing once I find a new job as I found out this past weekend that I passed the bar exam. Smiley Very Happy

Hope you folks that celebrate Thanksgiving have a good one and for those that don't, have a good rest of the week!

Congrats! Which bar ddi you pass?

California. Now comes the job hunt. Smiley Wink

Happy Thanksgiving, GC!

Message 658 of 718
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

A truly most delightful happy thanksgiving to all my myFico forums family and friends for all this weekend.

Coming up soon i will be claiming that all important garden club Bronze Spade and then onward to the Silver one thereafter. It's gonna happen this time without exiting after making it that far since i taken on a different strategic plan to safeguard reaching this goal and breaking over the 2016 threshold. I further hav decided to even withhold from any CLI requests until at least January. All cards of interest have been accomplished up to this point so far which is feeding my ambition to keep starving all bureaus of any INQs and monitor for FICO score advances.

In short, so far so good.

Message 659 of 718
Brenex
Valued Member

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@DFLeiva congrats on your approval..  You lasted over two years in the garden you deserve itSmiley Happy.. Anything else you want while you are out? As you probably have a grand total of 1 HPSmiley Happy

Yea, I also decided a couple hours later to apply for the REI MC since I do some shopping on their site and it gives 5% back in addition to their dividend they give with each person so I think it technically works out to >5% on purchases. They gave me a 7-10 day wait for approval but from reading around the internet this seems to be the norm in that they manually approve their apps. Interestingly, the only HP I was notified about yesteray on creditkarma was from US Bank. I imagine since I am a Citi customer they just approved me for the double cash on their internal score for me. I think I opened up my Forward about 10 years ago and use it almost every day, can't beat that 5x points on food and amazon.

Message 660 of 718
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.