Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - November 2017

I am not very good at gardening.  I was tempted off the wagon last month.  I am back.  Let's see how long I can garden this time.

Message 91 of 2,866
minski
Established Contributor

Seedling check in. Bronze spade coming up in less than 2 weeks. 

We ended up having only 3 small (read 2-3 persons) groups stop by for a total of 8 trick or treaters. Still have half a bag of chocolates left. What to do? Smiley Happy

I started off with an Android when I first transitioned to smartphones. I was resistant to transitioning because I liked my little talk-only phones. lol. Then I got the iPhone 5s after the 6 came out. I liked the iPhone 5s because I can actually use it with one hand, but I kept running out of storage space since I went for the lesser GB. Smiley Frustrated I got myself a new phone this year - Samsung 7. Hoping this will work for the next several years because I haven't got any more money to budget toward a new phone at this time. If necessary, I could switch back to my old iPhone but that would also mean switching phone carriers since it is not compatible with Republic Wireless.  

Message 92 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

off topic post:

i mean maybe i dont really understand but as a Pats fan, why didn't we just trade Jimmy for Brian? wouldn't that have been easier? we all knew it was coming when Jimmy went to the 49ers and they released Brian..  whatever Bill wants he gets! LOL

Message 93 of 2,866
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Happy November to All!

Well, I applied for a mortgage in October, so I'm starting my gardening over. But, the good news is I got the pre-approval! Starting the house hunt, which is kind of a daunting task really. I've narrowed down my search to a specific master-planned community, so that should make it easier. My lease is up in January, so if I don't find anything, I'll probably just lease for another year. Not anticipating any more hard-pulls, unless the mortgage company does one more (again, if I find a house). 

Hope everyone achieves their credit goals and for those rebuilding, remember: it's a marathon, not a sprint! Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 94 of 2,866
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@JGGM wrote:

Happy November to All!

Well, I applied for a mortgage in October, so I'm starting my gardening over. But, the good news is I got the pre-approval! Starting the house hunt, which is kind of a daunting task really. I've narrowed down my search to a specific master-planned community, so that should make it easier. My lease is up in January, so if I don't find anything, I'll probably just lease for another year. Not anticipating any more hard-pulls, unless the mortgage company does one more (again, if I find a house). 

Hope everyone achieves their credit goals and for those rebuilding, remember: it's a marathon, not a sprint! Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Exciting times!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 95 of 2,866
RadioRob
Established Contributor

@JGGM wrote:

Happy November to All!

Good luck on the house!!  

Message 96 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

Made it 6 months!!!  Whoop Whoop!

Message 97 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy November, all! This will be my first full month in the garden, as I joined late in October. Smiley Happy

I've been working really hard on paying off some old debts and getting that utilization under control. 

I'm hoping to be gardening until June of 2018, so long as there aren't any crazy surprises. Smiley Happy

Message 98 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy November, all! This will be my first full month in the garden, as I joined late in October. Smiley Happy

I've been working really hard on paying off some old debts and getting that utilization under control. 

I'm hoping to be gardening until June of 2018, so long as there aren't any crazy surprises. Smiley Happy

One month is totally doable!

Utilization is a killer.  I can't believe what happened to my FICO8s in September due to Irma and me not having internet to PIF all my cards but one like I always do.  Scores dropped over 60 points just because of going from showing a $50 balance on one card to 3 cards reporting maxed out (but I was planning on PIFing those before statement cut, just had no internet).  So went from 680->620 and a month later after new statements reported went from 620->710 (final collection reporting was deleted that month as well).

Get on that utilization and your scores will be happier so when you're ready to leave the garden you'll be primed!

Message 99 of 2,866
Fraction
Valued Member

Towards the end of this month will be 9 months and the palladium spade! It's getting harder to resist, but I am staying strong!

Starting Scores: EQ - 624/TU - 627/EX - 645 (2/10/17)
Current Scores: EQ - 723/TU - 728/EX - 736 (5/8/18)
Goal Scores: 725 on all
Message 100 of 2,866
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.