cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2017

Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017


bizarrocreditworld wrote:

I'm one of those folks that doesn't cook on Thanksgiving anymore. My wife and I go to a restaurant where they serve the best pork tenderloin as a Thanksgiving dinner option. I'll send some down your way, Joe. Smiley Happy

 

For those of you wondering about turkey, I'll have a hero from a nearby deli for lunch. Smiley Wink


I'm with you.  Thanksgiving and Christmas meals are all about the restaurant.  The lines are long sometimes, but not having to listen to my wife complain for a week before (and after) about having to spend all day cooking just for the two of is worth both the time and the money.

 

By the way, there is a reason that turkeys are called "fowl"...their taste IS 'foul".Smiley Wink   I'll have the ham (or pork tenderloin for that matter), please.

Message 61 of 2,866
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017

follow up on BF - snap on posted interest today.. we've got it paid down so that interest is now 50.44 instead of 56 yay! was down to like 2750 or something but now back up to $2800.. stupid interest!.. tomorrow i'll try again for that Discover preapproval!

 

also he did his 5 month cap1 thing so we'll see on the 7th what they increase him too... and on the 10th he'll get his new fico creditscorecard update! (march no credit.. sept fico 695, oct fico 707!)

Cap1VentureOne 3750 | Gamestop 1950 | Discover 7000 | Amazon Prime Store Card 900 | Care Credit 2500 |Honda Financial Lease July 2017-2017 Honda Civic EX(early upgrade from 2015 Civic LX)
Ch 7 BK 12/2013 | Fico 8 EXP 669| TU 667 | Eq 687 |gardening starting October 1 and until further notice
Message 62 of 2,866
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017

Happy November gardener's, well today I just closed my Citi Simplicity account. No need for it at all, the cool part is they took the CL and moved it to my AA platinum card and NO HP!!!  Good for me.....ENJOY!

Message 63 of 2,866
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017

Wow!!! The garden club is on jam this month. So many replies already. I missed last month. Still gardening strong. Just a busy month with work, traveling and the house. We are meeting with a landscape architect today to put finishing touches on our project. Hoping to still get some stuff started before its too cold. Credit wise things are stable. No new accounts in almost 6 months and no plans for anything new. I'm really kind of past the new account collecting thing. I'm pretty set as far as cards to be honest. Who knows but at this point and after the whole Equifax mess its really all about taking care of my credit/financial health. 


Fico 8 scores: EX 820 TU 808 EQ 798
Message 64 of 2,866
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017

Happy November, MFers!  (That's myFICOers by the way, potty mouth.)

 

Don't forget that we said November will be UTI awareness month here in the Garden, so please stock up on cranberry juice and remember to always abbreviate utilization as util. Under 28.9% is good and under 8.9% is even better.  I'm finally under 20% through a combination of paying off tens of thousands in revolving debt, CLIs and new accounts since discovering the forums 2 years ago. For those not familiar with my story, I carried well over the 6-digit mark at 12-25% for about a decade and both DW and I had util around the 80-90% mark that entire time. Somehow we managed to never be late or miss a payment, but it was never easy.  These forums have indeed been completely life-changing! I am about 4 more years from having it all paid off, and every cent of it is sitting at 0% to 4.99%.

 

October unfortunately showed a bit of thrill-seeking behavior for me with two approvals (and another vicariously through DW). I joke that I'm a serial bronze spader as I repeatedly go 1 or 2 months before leaving the garden then come back, rinse and repeat. I'm pretty confident that I can make it until the end of the year, and I'm actually hoping to make it to late spring or early summer before I go on a massive closing, combining and/or CLI spree to simplify things, trim the fat, and most importantly - take up less of your screen space with my signature!

 

Best of luck to everyone here obtaining your goals, both short-term in November and longer term.


$500k+ club. | FICO 08 [Nov 2017]: EQ 743 EX 741 TU 743 | World's worst gardener.
Message 65 of 2,866
Moderator

Re: Garden Club - November 2017


Bella007 wrote:

UncleB wrote:

Bella007 wrote:

simplynoir wrote:

It's still Halloween over here! Get that November nonsense out of here (...for like another 42 minutes lol)!


We still have 2 hrs, 33 min to go here! Smiley Happy


Historically whichever mod happens to be on starts the new thread at midnight in his/her timezone.  I'm in EDT so when it's me the East coast folks don't have to wait, although it does make it a bit early for everybody else.

 

Ironically, I tried to get 'fancy' with this month's thread and that almost caused a delay itself... I waited until just before midnight (here) and when I tried to post the system gave me an HTML error. Smiley Surprised

 

I ended up having to use some 'tricks' to get the thread up on time, but we made it... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Tongue

 

Along with some general housekeeping, I've added a little more detail to the text in the first post to help people with adding a seedling/spade, along with a link to jump directly to 'My Settings'. 

 

I also tried to do a little clean up on the text itself to make the post more readable... some of the tools that were broken on the old site layout are now working (like indentations) which helped as well.  Smiley Happy


I wasn't complaining UncleB! I love it when the new thread goes up at 9:00PST. Midnight is past my bedtime! 😀


LOL... I know you weren't, my friend... I was just using the opportunity to explain things for any new gardeners who might have been wondering!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 66 of 2,866
Moderator

Re: Garden Club - November 2017


Jimp2323 wrote:

bizarrocreditworld wrote:

I'm one of those folks that doesn't cook on Thanksgiving anymore. My wife and I go to a restaurant where they serve the best pork tenderloin as a Thanksgiving dinner option. I'll send some down your way, Joe. Smiley Happy

 

For those of you wondering about turkey, I'll have a hero from a nearby deli for lunch. Smiley Wink


I'm with you.  Thanksgiving and Christmas meals are all about the restaurant.  The lines are long sometimes, but not having to listen to my wife complain for a week before (and after) about having to spend all day cooking just for the two of is worth both the time and the money.

 

By the way, there is a reason that turkeys are called "fowl"...their taste IS 'foul".Smiley Wink   I'll have the ham (or pork tenderloin for that matter), please.


Nobody in my family cares for turkey, either... we usually have chicken and dressing and/or ham.  Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 2,866
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017


EdMan63 wrote:

...Who knows but at this point and after the whole Equifax mess its really all about taking care of my credit/financial health. 


Agreed. I'm a sapling because I became an AU for hubby's new card to qualify him for a bonus. Otherwise, I'd be closing in on a brighter spade.

 

I'm pretty set for my near-term collection of cards. There's a set I'm working for, but the way to get them is to wait for a couple of baddies to fall off that will age out in a few months and to craft a longer AAoA.

 

There is exactly one new card out there that seriously tempts because restaurant is a decent amount of our spend due to my husband's employer's practice of having employees charge team lunches and such on their own cards and then put in for reimbursement. A $500 fully-reimbursed restaurant spend @4% back would be sweet indeed.

 

He won't qualify for that right now, and I'm helping myself to stay in the garden by thinking that card bonuses will improve as issuers chase a shrinking pool of people willing to go through the hassle of unlocking credit profiles. We shall see! If not, and if that card still exists in a few months' time, I may make a home for it mid-late 2018.


TU Fico 8: 754!!!
Message 68 of 2,866
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017


UncleB wrote:

Jimp2323 wrote:

bizarrocreditworld wrote:

I'm one of those folks that doesn't cook on Thanksgiving anymore. My wife and I go to a restaurant where they serve the best pork tenderloin as a Thanksgiving dinner option. I'll send some down your way, Joe. Smiley Happy

 

For those of you wondering about turkey, I'll have a hero from a nearby deli for lunch. Smiley Wink


I'm with you.  Thanksgiving and Christmas meals are all about the restaurant.  The lines are long sometimes, but not having to listen to my wife complain for a week before (and after) about having to spend all day cooking just for the two of is worth both the time and the money.

 

By the way, there is a reason that turkeys are called "fowl"...their taste IS 'foul".Smiley Wink   I'll have the ham (or pork tenderloin for that matter), please.


Nobody in my family cares for turkey, either... we usually have chicken and dressing and/or ham.  Smiley Happy


Who ARE you pod people?!?

 

My husband is also of Clan Ham, an affiliation I'll never understand.

 

For me, ham is an ingredient or a condiment, not really a food in its own right. Team Turkey ForEVER! I cook a lot of meat for T-giving... and so long as there's ham, there's more dark meat for me, so pod people or not, you have your culinary plus side. Smiley Wink 


TU Fico 8: 754!!!
Message 69 of 2,866
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017

Anyone else having an issue with the forum refusing to work when clicking the "go to first unread post" link on a thread in the main forum listing?

 

Annoying.  Always takes me to Post #1 instead of Unread Post #1.

FICO8FICO8Visit my posts:
03/1712/17My 11 Rules to Credit RebuildingFree FICO Scores!
550EX
570TU
559EQ
710EX
701TU
734EQ
FICO alert: why did my credit score drop???
Message 70 of 2,866