Garden Club - October 2014

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club - October 2014

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Both of you cut the *bleep* and keep it together! <<<<< Tough garden love Smiley Very Happy

all i said i was eyeing i haven't done any apping !!! There are certain categories that need to be covered since 1.5 from QS isn't getting job done. I could dust off BCE , but the value is just not there for my liking !!!

Eyeing is often a prelude to apping lol But fine, you keep eyeing and wait for MJ to let the sniper kitties and ninja squirrels loose Smiley LOL

I thought MJ is being busy with some project, so somebody else needs to up the ante Smiley Very Happy

Message 451 of 1,810
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe this isn't the place to put this, but Experian won't permamently remove the freeze on my report! (I promise I don't want to app guys, just taking precautions in case I lose my pin, plus I feel a lot stronger now) they temporarily lift it with no problem, by using the exact same info, I can't do it permanently online. I'm getting super frustrated.

Be happy about it Smiley Very Happy If you lose your PIN you can order one using the same set of documents i.e. W2, DL.

But I do get it, it's a bit of a discomfort if you need to keep paying them for applying to almost anything. I'm sure there's a phone / paper route for this problem.

On another note, Hi GC!!

Help me, I'm getting a bit of an itch. It's bound to get away if I can get done with Oct.

What happened was that I got tempted for NASA; so started with opening a savings and therefore unfroze my EX. But during the process, I got serious and said no to a CC app. However the checking app is still pending, and my EX is open for 20-odd more days. 

I'm having a terrible itch for Cash+, AARP Travel, and (once again) NASA. I know my credit is not in the best shape yet (zero balances haven't all reported) and even if they were (10th of this month), I don't want to jeopardize my chances of an AMEX 3X early next month. But then again, EX is open.... 

Yelp!

LOL you are in bad shape , i think as soon as you get your 3x amex its time to re freeze those EX Credit reports. I am probably not right person to give advice on gardening , since there are some cards i am eyeing as well. 

I desperately need to garden. I don't want to be proven weak (I set myself a target: 1 year, no apps) nor do I want a drop in my scores just when they are going up. That said, I'm going to spend ~$2k on travel soon and the AARP would've given me an instant $30 bonus compared to Q/S.... 

Good thing is that EX will get frozen automatically in 20-odd days. I wasn't sure if the NASA guys will be done with their savings account process in a week or two weeks so kept it open for longer. But now it seems like a bad decision.

No more apps... no more apps...

I should focus on my work and spend less time looking at the forum Smiley Very Happy

Do you travel an lot i think you do better than AARP if you are trying to get the spending in. With that being said if you don't travel all that much that you can just pass on getting a new card. Where are you going on your trip btw anywhere exotic lol. 

Well in my last profession I did travel a lot but that wasn't in the US; so I didn't know about all these cards and also had no use for these. Now that I'm here I don't travel (not fly frequently anyway) so generic travel cards are probably not for me. That said I don't own a car but rent one frequently. I get good enough deals on Avis / Budget using UPromise and my local rental shop offers me free upgrades all the time. I thought maybe keep a card for that but the more I think about it, the less interesting it seems to me.

I am going to fly home, around new years. Got some very important event coming up Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy For some US residents, that might be exotic. For me, being born and brought up there, the exotic-ness has never been all that high Smiley Tongue

Ahh i see , i got an travel card for my last trip to thailand, which i never really even got to use lol. I used it like 3 times in thailand. Thailand is an real cash country. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 452 of 1,810
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

Ahh i see , i got an travel card for my last trip to thailand, which i never really even got to use lol. I used it like 3 times in thailand. Thailand is an real cash country. 

I still have working cards for my home country; I'll mostly use them there. Discover guys told me that if the merchant is coded correctly, I can use the card through the Diner's Club Int'l network and earn the same cashback as here. I'm going to give it a try. Other places I might try Q/S but to be fair, I don't think it'll be worth it. 

MC and Visa (also AMEX, quite a lot) are widely accepted there - at least at all major establishments except roadside eateries and small places; so acceptability is not an issue Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the heads-up on Thailand, I'll keep that in mind if and when I go there. A great lot of my friends and families have been there BTW. I never got the time / opportunity to be there. 

Message 453 of 1,810
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

OK so I'm going to say that I'm definitely going to join the garden soon. I am currently in limbo on one financial/credit decision and after that I will make a solemn vow to myself to not app for anything for the foreseeable future. 6 months minimum but hopefully longer. I will post again when that garden purgatory is over and I can officially set my garden since date! Smiley Very Happy lol

Best of luck and patience to everyone gardening!

Message 454 of 1,810
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I still have working cards for my home country; I'll mostly use them there. Discover guys told me that if the merchant is coded correctly, I can use the card through the Diner's Club Int'l network and earn the same cashback as here. I'm going to give it a try. Other places I might try Q/S but to be fair, I don't think it'll be worth it. 

MC and Visa (also AMEX, quite a lot) are widely accepted there - at least at all major establishments except roadside eateries and small places; so acceptability is not an issue Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the heads-up on Thailand, I'll keep that in mind if and when I go there. A great lot of my friends and families have been there BTW. I never got the time / opportunity to be there. 

I didn't bother trying to use my IT in thailand since its mostly an MC country , I didn't even see any signs where they accept discover. Also its was third card on my list of travel cards , CSP first QS second and discover IT was third. Noodle stands didn't take anything but cash lol 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 455 of 1,810
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@-Kenny- wrote:

OK so I'm going to say that I'm definitely going to join the garden soon. I am currently in limbo on one financial/credit decision and after that I will make a solemn vow to myself to not app for anything for the foreseeable future. 6 months minimum but hopefully longer. I will post again when that garden purgatory is over and I can officially set my garden since date! Smiley Very Happy lol

Advance welcome to the garden. I've found 6 months not that difficult to not app... but any more than that becomes, well, difficult. I'll earn my gold spade in 9 days Smiley Happy

Message 456 of 1,810
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I didn't bother trying to use my IT in thailand since its mostly an MC country , I didn't even see any signs where they accept discover. Also its was third card on my list of travel cards , CSP first QS second and discover IT was third. Noodle stands didn't take anything but cash lol 

Yeah you travelled in third quarter right, so Discover only had fuel, may not be the most important thing during travel abroad and also Freedom was offering it. 

When I'm going to travel it'll mostly be restaurants again so I might be able to make some use of it. Let's hope I find some restaurants accepting Diner's Club.

Message 457 of 1,810
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@-Kenny- wrote:

Smiley Happy Congrats Kenny on your new rank as Moderator!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 458 of 1,810
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@ Kenny Smiley Happy))) Hey buddy, i want to wish you a big CONGRATS on becoming a MOD . That's Awesome

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 459 of 1,810
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Kenny, just noticed!

Message 460 of 1,810
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.