@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am not understanding anything to do with NFC payments and emv chip payments, i went to uniqlo and saw an emv slot, i tried to slide my emv csp in there and nothing happened, so i had to swipe it the old fashioned way. When i tried to use my htc one to use google wallet the other day that didn't work either i was waving my phone like crazy and nothing happened. 

HAHA, I pictured you at the register waiving your phone like a mad man! Only place it works for me is Wal-Mart with the Amex ED. They won't even let me slide it because it wont go through.

there was an slot on the bottom of the machine isn't that where you slide your emv chipped card , i don't understand. For nfc machines do i have to tap it to activate the nfc reader on the machine. I almost tried it on vending machine at mall today, but i wasn't going to pay 2 dollars for an bottle of water!!!

As far as the slot I believe so, that's how it works for me. NFC I think you have to tap to activate, at least I've had to in the past then press complete when finished to finished the transaction.

I will try it again now that both of my chase cards have emv chips on them!! my amex card has emv chip on it as well. The thing about emv chips its all well and good but no places have working emv terminals so wahts the point?? 

I will give it an go this weekend with the nfc enable phones. I had the icon show up where it says NFC is on so i don't really understand it. I guess will have to wait till apple releases it so companies will actually care about it. 

Haha, I ordered the iPhone 6 Plus and am interested how that will work. I ordered it the day they went on pre-order and I'm still backed out to November until I get it.

Nice what card did you use to order the 6 plus with? I guess i should literally try and tap the nfc machine to activate it. 

This is an interesting story. I ordered the phone from an AT&T store location. When going through everything I attempted to use my DiscoverIT but they said it would not go thought (i had never even used the card and my limit was more than enough), I called Discover and they said they didn't even see a transaction that was attempted so that had me confused. I then switched over the the Chase Freedom, well the Visa terminal was down from the traffic they had. So then I switched to the Amex and decided to use the PRG, don't know why.. maybe the gold appealed more than the clear lol in a last second decision. I have since then used the Dicover and it works fine, so maybe the "discover" terminal was down as well. That's just what the lady at AT&T told me.

At least you get warranty extension right? That's weird if I were to buy iPhone it would be unlocked I want to be able to use it overseas. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 921 of 1,810
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - October 2014

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am not understanding anything to do with NFC payments and emv chip payments, i went to uniqlo and saw an emv slot, i tried to slide my emv csp in there and nothing happened, so i had to swipe it the old fashioned way. When i tried to use my htc one to use google wallet the other day that didn't work either i was waving my phone like crazy and nothing happened. 

HAHA, I pictured you at the register waiving your phone like a mad man! Only place it works for me is Wal-Mart with the Amex ED. They won't even let me slide it because it wont go through.

there was an slot on the bottom of the machine isn't that where you slide your emv chipped card , i don't understand. For nfc machines do i have to tap it to activate the nfc reader on the machine. I almost tried it on vending machine at mall today, but i wasn't going to pay 2 dollars for an bottle of water!!!

As far as the slot I believe so, that's how it works for me. NFC I think you have to tap to activate, at least I've had to in the past then press complete when finished to finished the transaction.

I will try it again now that both of my chase cards have emv chips on them!! my amex card has emv chip on it as well. The thing about emv chips its all well and good but no places have working emv terminals so wahts the point?? 

I will give it an go this weekend with the nfc enable phones. I had the icon show up where it says NFC is on so i don't really understand it. I guess will have to wait till apple releases it so companies will actually care about it. 

Haha, I ordered the iPhone 6 Plus and am interested how that will work. I ordered it the day they went on pre-order and I'm still backed out to November until I get it.

Nice what card did you use to order the 6 plus with? I guess i should literally try and tap the nfc machine to activate it. 

This is an interesting story. I ordered the phone from an AT&T store location. When going through everything I attempted to use my DiscoverIT but they said it would not go thought (i had never even used the card and my limit was more than enough), I called Discover and they said they didn't even see a transaction that was attempted so that had me confused. I then switched over the the Chase Freedom, well the Visa terminal was down from the traffic they had. So then I switched to the Amex and decided to use the PRG, don't know why.. maybe the gold appealed more than the clear lol in a last second decision. I have since then used the Dicover and it works fine, so maybe the "discover" terminal was down as well. That's just what the lady at AT&T told me.

At least you get warranty extension right? That's weird if I were to buy iPhone it would be unlocked I want to be able to use it overseas. 

I tried to buy the warranty, AT&T said they did not have the SKU codes to sell the AppleCare at the moment, Advised I purchase from Apple when I receive the phone, they said i'd have 30 days from the day I receive it to purchase AppleCare.

Message 922 of 1,810
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good evening boys and girls.  Nothing huge to report, but I AM making progress.

Updated my CC Excel sheet this evening, and while I still have SIX CC's maxed out, last week I had 12.

Just made a big payment on one of them, and two more will be easy....getting those last three cards under 90% could be difficult, but it WILL happpen...  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 923 of 1,810
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question, if I applied for a credit card and was instantly approved with a SP, is it safe to apply for a different credit card? (Sorry if this is the wrong area, I didn't think it was necessary to make a thread). 

Message 924 of 1,810
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Updated my CC Excel sheet this evening, and while I still have SIX CC's maxed out, last week I had 12.

Just made a big payment on one of them, and two more will be easy....getting those last three cards under 90% could be difficult, but it WILL happpen...  Smiley Tongue

Wow, 12 CC to 6!? That's impressive!

Message 925 of 1,810
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question, if I applied for a credit card and was instantly approved with a SP, is it safe to apply for a different credit card? (Sorry if this is the wrong area, I didn't think it was necessary to make a thread). 

In this particular thread, we do not discuss applying for new credit cards Smiley Happy 

You should ask this question in another thread.

Message 926 of 1,810
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

You're doing great Smiley Happy 

Keep working at it. I understand you're keeping it together for a mortgage refinance. Best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 927 of 1,810
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Barclay FICO updated after 2 months and 1 day! 28 point ding since my last score didn't factor in my Citi account hitting the reports. Only moving up from here on out though!
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 928 of 1,810
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Hello GC !

It's 15 Oct and time for me to update my spade. 

Gold it is.

And as reward for my gardening, Credit Karma gave me a 39 point boost (691-->729). Barclay's TU offered me some 23 points (684-->707). So yes, for the first time, I'm north of the 700s. 

I wanted to sum up my SP/auto CLI growth in these 6 months of gardening.

AMEX: 1k-->6k

Capital ONE: 2k-->4k

Chase Freedom: 0.5k-->1k CLI then 1k-->2k by closing Slate

Chase Slate: 1k-->0k closed

Citibank: 2k-->3.2k

Discover: 2k-->7k

Sallie Mae: 3k-->6k

UFCU: 2k (no change)

US Bank REI: 1k (no change)

Overall CL: 14.5k-->31.2k 

My total CL more than doubled, so gardening really helped !

Message 929 of 1,810
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

I think I already checked in, but I got my TU update today. Score is still hovering around 700 since I paid off my student loans (no open installment/mortgage accounts on my report). Sucks that even though I have several reporting "paid as agreed", I am penalized for not having one 'currently'. Stupid system.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 930 of 1,810
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.