Garden Club - October 2014

tag
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - October 2014

Good evening, folks.

@myjourney wrote:

Tonight's question (fill in the blanks)

To have success with building my credit I need to _______? This will enable me to _________?

To have success with building my credit I need to restrain myself from applying purely for sign-up bonuses.  This will allow me to apply for CLs at times when I actually need them.

Also, gotta keep working on paying down one balance, but that pretty much goes without saying...

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 1511 of 1,810
myjourney
Super Contributor

@WillTeasle wrote:

Good evening, folks.

@myjourney wrote:

To have success with building my credit I need to _______? This will enable me to _________?

To have success with building my credit I need to restrain myself from applying purely for sign-up bonuses.  This will allow me to apply for CLs at times when I actually need them.

Also, gotta keep working on paying down one balance, but that pretty much goes without saying...

Bravo 

Another well planned strategy

Sounds good

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1512 of 1,810
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@WillTeasle wrote:

Good evening, folks.

@myjourney wrote:

Hi there! Smiley Happy Well this is a nice surprise, haven't seen you in a while lol. 

Message 1513 of 1,810
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

Good evening, folks.

@myjourney wrote:

Hi there! Smiley Happy Well this is a nice surprise, haven't seen you in a while lol. 

Howdy, Irisa.  And yeah, I fell off the face of the earth for a bit there.  Really need to do a better job prioritizing my life.  Working on that.

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 1514 of 1,810
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Currently, I'm working on getting 12 maxed out cards under control.  (nine down, three to go)  DW has two reporting maxed out, and we'll take care of those in December.

With her back in the 700's, she'll refinance our mortgage in January.  With my scores back in the 700's, I'll probably be taking a home equity loan out AFTER she refi's.

Is it January yet?  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1515 of 1,810
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@WillTeasle wrote:

@Irisa wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

Good evening, folks.

@myjourney wrote:

Howdy, Irisa.  And yeah, I fell off the face of the earth for a bit there.  Really need to do a better job prioritizing my life.  Working on that.

I completely undestand. I'm working on that myself.

Welcome back!  Smiley Happy 

Message 1516 of 1,810
myjourney
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Currently, I'm working on getting 12 maxed out cards under control.  (nine down, three to go)  DW has two reporting maxed out, and we'll take care of those in December.

With her back in the 700's, she'll refinance our mortgage in January.  With my scores back in the 700's, I'll probably be taking a home equity loan out AFTER she refi's.

Almost Jan ....Lol

Good job buddy keep up the good work 

You and DW

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1517 of 1,810
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Howdy!  Keep up the good work getting that utilization down. January will be here before you know it. Smiley Happy 

Btw, shouldn't that signature say you're being held hostage in the garden until 1/15? Don't think we're letting you escape in November! Smiley Tongue lol 

Message 1518 of 1,810
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Sounds like next year will be a good one!

Message 1519 of 1,810
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I need to not think of gardening as bad. I NEED to think of apping as bad! haha. Smiley Happy

It's funny -- I had pizza today!

Message 1520 of 1,810
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.