Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - October 2014

Stop!! Now you just sound daft!! Lolol.

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha!! A bloody Brit!!!

@mongstradamus wrote:

talking about netflix i saw amex is giving you an free year of amazon prime i need to check that out

edit: Bollocks it looks like i may not be eligible since i have had bce before darn. 

Haha i am not actually, played too much call of duty with brits in my younger years :-) and that phrase came up an lot so i picked it up haha

Message 1701 of 1,810
zsepthenne
Regular Contributor

Ahhhhhhh!! I've got itchy app fingers!! Help!

The next card I'm dying for is the Salli Mae,  and I'm considering the citi double cash. I can't quit thinking about Sallie! 

Beginning Scores 9/2013: EX 651, TU 639 Short term goals: Scores in the mid 700s 1/15 TU08 701| 4/2018 TU08 800!! |11/2019 TU 785
CapOne Quicksilver $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $6900 | Amex Everyday $15000 | Discover It $13000 | Cap One Walmart Mastercard $8000 | BofA Cash Rewards $3200 | CareCredit $7200 | Citibank Double Cash $10500 | Chase AARP $5500
Message 1702 of 1,810
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked stuff today, noticed CK/TU dropped the older medical collection a bit early - if it works like the inqs did, it will be back, but here's to hoping not, lol.  Speaking of, the inqs are back again on my CK/Cap1/TU numbers, lol.  All the same, they reported another number increase, hit 616.  Not bad for being at 585 at the start of the month.  Waiting on my EQ/EX updates here in a week or so (only have monthly updates on them).

Message 1703 of 1,810
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy Good morning GC!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 1704 of 1,810
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Damn itchy fingers... this will be my first real attempt at gardening.  Ever since my husband and I started getting approved for credit, I haven't been able to stop!  I am making a pledge now to stop.  The only thing We will need to app for in the near future is furniture- we need a couch badly.  Otherwise, no more cards for us!  Here's how it has all gone down:

Rebuilt credit and removes nearly all negatives January-May 2014

Applied for Navy Federal checking account & savings, approved.

Immediately applied for Visa Signature cash rewards, $5k approved (our first card in FOREVER!)

June- Financed a mattress through synchrony/mattress discounters, $1k credit line.

June- Applied for Walmart card, $500 approved.

August- Auto-CLI on Walmart to $1k

August- apped for CLI on visa (soft pull), $14k approved- WOW!

September- apped for Discover IT, $1400 approved

September- apped for Toys R Us card, $200 approved

September- applied for my own separate checking account, approved.

September- apped for LOC linked to Navy checking, $15k instant approval for husband, $12k approved in an hour for me.

October- apped for Sallie Mae and Citi Double Cash, both declined. Smiley Sad

October- apped for Navy Federal Visa, $8500 approved.

October- apped for Navy Federal MC, declined- was able to get card opened by reducing CL on Visa by $1k and using that credit line for the MC. Smiley Happy

October- shopping cart trick for Victorias Secret ($500) Overstock.com ($500, Immediately asked for CLI, approved $800) and HSN ($750).

We have a couple installment loans (Car, student, consolidation) so I think now we have between us a great mix of credit... I need to STOP now, LOL!  They keep tempting me sending me pre-approvals in the mail, I need to stay strong and get some age on our credit now!

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 1705 of 1,810
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Good morning GC!
Message 1706 of 1,810
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I heard itchy app fingers.... *passes around the tube and bottle of benadryl respectfully*.....

*sits on his hands though starts heading toward the pre-approval websites*...

Still waiting to bite.. Discovers sending me offers again after that denial roughly 4-5 months ago was it? 

Figured id try for either Dec or March (the 1 year mark on my tl's)

Message 1707 of 1,810
Anonymous
Not applicable

Horrid news from Equifax this morning - they insist the student loans stay and that Sallie Mae is reporting accurately and refuse to budge even with accurate information provided.  *off to the beer fridge*  Time to file with CFPB and BBB.

Message 1708 of 1,810
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Horrid news from Equifax this morning - they insist the student loans stay and that Sallie Mae is reporting accurately and refuse to budge even with accurate information provided.  *off to the beer fridge*  Time to file with CFPB and BBB.

Good luck. Hope that everything works out.

Message 1709 of 1,810
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I really need to stop poking the bear.....

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 1710 of 1,810
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.