Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2014

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - October 2014

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Per my mom (former LO at local bank), too much available credit, in relation to income, can be seen as a negative when mortgage shopping.

Is there a magic ratio when it comes to avail credit vs income that LOs look for?

I would assume it is better than a 1:1 ratio, and probably different for different types of loans.

That I didn't ask, but it sounded like it just depended on the lender/underwriter.

Message 1771 of 1,810
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you guys could help me out I'd appreciate it. Real quick, I have 12 new accounts and 8 inquiries with the earliest due to drop in January.  2 year 2 month AAoA.  How much did you guys see your score drop when you did your app binges?  I just want to get an idea of the increase I can see on my report when I get done in the garden.

Take a look at my signature and it will give you a clue as the to the damage you "may" expect.

2 new car loans, 5 new credit cards from July-September.

My AAOA at time of app spree start was about 9 years, now down to 6 years.

YMMV

Just curious but shouldn't the payments you're making have helped your scores by now? or have they increased but just still not back up to pre spree numbers?

Its hard to say at this point what is effecting what. myFico 3B monitoring is good at telling you the events that are hitting your credit reports, but not so much at telling you which event effected your score in what way. At the moment, all I am seeing are neutral or negative events. My scores are actually still dropping a bit even today, but the negative hits have definitely slowed to a trickle.

I have been paying off my high revolving UTIL bit by bit, but I think my UTIL is so far away from the next positive milestone that I won't see a positive effect of pay down until I get below 30%.

Im currently at 49%. Smiley Sad

The majority the revolving debt on my report is a HELOC that belongs to my ex-wife that I can't really do much about. (sigh)

Personally, I'm at just under 30% revolving util, but it WAS much higher before my recent app spree, I more than doubled my available revolving credit. Smiley LOL

Message 1772 of 1,810
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@heyarrnold wrote:

Happy Friday everyone Smiley Happy

Hey bud, what's going on?

Message 1773 of 1,810
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy Halloween GC!

Just checking in for October.

Want to get ride of two 2k cards I don't use, and replace them with an AMEX relationship, but just finally got my revolving UTIL down below 50%

(divorce and credit sucks)

Getting an itchy finger to apply for AMEX, but don't really see any immediate benefits in any of their cards right now, and it sounds like they are Util sensitive.

IMHO, they're more sensitive to UTIL than INQ.   Even more reason to wait.   However, if you've never had AMEX before, applying this year might not be a terrible idea, so you can set your MSD to 2014.  

You see, this was my thinking too. My EX report is my strongest ATM too, and from what I understand, they pull EX the most.

Hmm.....*eyeing the garden gate*

Well, maybe you get UTIL down by the end of December...I still have to encourage gardening, you know.  LOL

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 1774 of 1,810
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

And checking in for the day.   Happy Friday and Happy Halloween!

In credit new....AMEX 181 day is tomorrow!   I can hardly wait!!   Keep those fingers crossed for me!    Since I'll be out tonight for Halloween, you probably won't hear from me until I report on this tomorrow morning.   :-)    Ahhhhhhh!

Have a great night tonight!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 1775 of 1,810
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

And checking in for the day.   Happy Friday and Happy Halloween!

In credit new....AMEX 181 day is tomorrow!   I can hardly wait!!   Keep those fingers crossed for me!    Since I'll be out tonight for Halloween, you probably won't hear from me until I report on this tomorrow morning.   :-)    Ahhhhhhh!

Have a great night tonight!

Smiley Happy Good Luck Sunrise!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 1776 of 1,810
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy Halloween GC!

Just checking in for October.

Want to get ride of two 2k cards I don't use, and replace them with an AMEX relationship, but just finally got my revolving UTIL down below 50%

(divorce and credit sucks)

Getting an itchy finger to apply for AMEX, but don't really see any immediate benefits in any of their cards right now, and it sounds like they are Util sensitive.

IMHO, they're more sensitive to UTIL than INQ.   Even more reason to wait.   However, if you've never had AMEX before, applying this year might not be a terrible idea, so you can set your MSD to 2014.  

You see, this was my thinking too. My EX report is my strongest ATM too, and from what I understand, they pull EX the most.

Hmm.....*eyeing the garden gate*

Well, maybe you get UTIL down by the end of December...I still have to encourage gardening, you know.  LOL

Naturally Smiley Wink

I think that's good advise too. I think I will wait at least a month more to see how my scores settle.

Message 1777 of 1,810
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

HI All--

Happy Friday!

I'm still here but not sure for how much longer.  I'm thinking about apping for the US Airways 40K bonus.  My track record with Barclay is flawless and Arrival+ just upgraded to WEMC.  Now might be a good time, and the bonus points will come in handy for some travel in 2015.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Message 1778 of 1,810
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

HI All--

Happy Friday!

I'm still here but not sure for how much longer.  I'm thinking about apping for the US Airways 40K bonus.  My track record with Barclay is flawless and Arrival+ just upgraded to WEMC.  Now might be a good time, and the bonus points will come in handy for some travel in 2015.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hey Focused, good to see you! Hope you have a good weekend too!

Message 1779 of 1,810
myjourney
Super Contributor

On behalf of the GC club

Welcome To The Gardens Friday Night Social Event

Happy Halloween all you ghost and gobblings

Garden rules apply

No Drapping Allowed

Respect Everyone's Opinion

Drink responsibly in the virtual world as well as in the real world

Have fun

Any Friday is : Open Forum ....answer a question or ask a question.

If you're new to the garden and would like to know something about the garden or have questions please ask.

If we can't answer it we will point you in the right direction.

Tonight's question

Everyone has different credit needs what are you striving for?

Tonight's Menu

Fish fry or baked

Pumpkin pie 

Drink Menu

Wine and Beer

Non alcoholic drinks available

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1780 of 1,810
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.