Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - October 2015

I just entered the garden today. Plan to be here for the next six months, maybe more. I need to get lots of baddies off and nurture my five new accounts.

Message 61 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just entered the garden today. Plan to be here for the next six months, maybe more. I need to get lots of baddies off and nurture my five new accounts.

Good decision and welcome to the garden.

Message 62 of 1,271
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Checking in for October.   My escape for Cash+ was a success, so now it's time to get these roots in deep!    I always like to lay out a plan for the month...so here it is:

1. Use DC for general spend.   I need to let Discover breathe a bit.   Plus, I need to actually get enough spend through the card to redeem the rewards.   I'm not very happy with the card, since it has a high post-promo APR and no SP CLIs to date (my one CLI cost an HP on EX).   Unless the card improves, I'll probably SD it once the promo period is over.

2. SP CLIs.  Gold Violin seems to give them on a bimonthly basis.   Last successful CLI was on 8/10, so I'll try again on 10/10.   I'm going to try for 3X CLI on Costco TE on 10/31, since that will be 91 days since my CLI denial on BCE.  I'll keep checking Citi DC for the SP wording.   I'm actually content with my other CLs, so I'll leave those be for now. 

3. Collect Bronze Spade on 10/12!

4.  Lower UTIL on CU and Discover It.   Gotta pay those puppies down a bit, since both are hovering aroumd 30% UTIL.   The CU card would be the priority, since I'm still in a promo period for Discover.  

And that's the plan so far.   Happy Gardening!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 63 of 1,271
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Good job on that Cash+ SunriseEarth

I was able to save a HP and new TL while out of the garden by doing a PC to US Bank Select+ Amex instead of taking them up on the preapproval mailer for it. I might missed out on the 13.99% APR with it but prefer to keep the history and CL i already have with them intact without adding a new one at this time. Maybe sometime in the future and maybe by then they'll have a new product(s) then their current cards.

Message 64 of 1,271
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Month #5 in the garden.  That $500/BCE offer sounds great, but I know now is not the right time for me.

Enjoy the first full month of autumn.

Message 65 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Month #5 in the garden.  That $500/BCE offer sounds great, but I know now is not the right time for me.

Enjoy the first full month of autumn.

I agree... No more cards for me tooSmiley Happy..

Message 66 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello GC! Ordered pizza and waiting on the game to start. Considered a travel card earlier that would actually be pretty useful for me but I'll cool it. Smiley Happy For now at least.
Message 67 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the last card I wanted, the AARP. Froze my credit reports; in the garden for a while.

Message 68 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can hardly believe it's October already! Tomorrow is DW birthday, and also my 2nd month successfully in the Garden. 

Congratulations to all who are new to the garden and others who have been using good self control! In the past 8 weeks I've already seen some good results from laying low from HPs.

Message 69 of 1,271
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello GC! Ordered pizza and waiting on the game to start. Considered a travel card earlier that would actually be pretty useful for me but I'll cool it. Smiley Happy For now at least.

Way to stay strong!

At some point, I will have my daughter add me to her Amex platinum for the travel benefits.  No point in taking HP and paying full freight when I gt get the benefits through the backdoor.Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Message 70 of 1,271
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.