Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - October 2015

I don't have a Cap One card.  I'll call Barclay later and ask about it.

Message 361 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've made it to the 2 month and 5 day mark! The longest I've gone without a credit card related inquiry since I got my first one! I did apply for a home loan, and was approved and our house will be built in 4 months Smiley Happy. But I'm not going to count myself out of the garden club yet. My main goal was to control my credit card application habit, and I'm still successfully doing that.

Message 362 of 1,271
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sladyesq wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Random question for you all: At what point does a business trip become a business trip? Or rather, at what point does a business trip mean you are working out of town?

These are the random thoughts I come up with when getting ready to work an event which is only about 33 miles (can be up to 3 hours to drive though if traffic is bad) away from my house, but because of the hours we are pulling, I'm staying at a nearby hotel. Smiley Very Happy

In credit news, scores are getting pulled up slowly but surely. I really need to start figuring out what to do with my student loans. I have a lot of them so it seems like putting any money towards them seems pointless, but at the same time, I can't wait for them be forgiven as they are the biggest suppressor on my ability to get credit. Well them and my income which reminds me that I need to start job hunting again.

Yours is definitely a business trip!

Are they paying for the hotel, or only mileage?  Could be the differenceSmiley Happy

They pay for the hotel, do not pay for mileage. Smiley Very Happy

You're good to goSmiley Wink

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 363 of 1,271
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Ugh, I'm a mess right now. Was paying down my balances, everything was going well, and lo and behold, my mom has a work-related accident. Because her supervisor (who dislikes her for some odd reason, they barely even talked!) refused to report this accident, the company decided to fire her because she was taking in less hours as a result of the pain.

We lost a significant amount of household income, so everyone's pressed for cash here, stuck having to keep our balances high once more. Trying to keep my balance below 75% on one card, and keeping at PIF with my other, just to make sure I don't set off any big bells with Chase. Since my CLs are relatively low, and I make payments decently above minimum (am paying 2x more lately), I hope that helps.

Still, doesn't take the sting from maybe having to go without food for a bit, and having my mother in both physical and emotional pain away, though.

That's terrible, but just because the company refused to report it doesn't mean your mom can't report...and file other charges.

Your mother should absolutely consult a lawyer. I don't know the law of that area, but this smells hinky. I'd guess that there are a few reasons why the supervisor & company are in the wrong.

+1  

@Anonymous if you are in CA pm me.

Message 364 of 1,271
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

well clubbers, i finally did it, im squeaky clean once again w/ the scores to prove it,last of the stubborn baddies finally aged off! score according to amx 826, and the quarterly prodcut i get here im at 811!!!! discover and barclay haven't updated still showing 725 ish, garding time and good behavior does pay off!

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 365 of 1,271
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@phillyguy12 wrote:

well clubbers, i finally did it, im squeaky clean once again w/ the scores to prove it,last of the stubborn baddies finally aged off! score according to amx 826, and the quarterly prodcut i get here im at 811!!!! discover and barclay haven't updated still showing 725 ish, garding time and good behavior does pay off!

Congrats!  I'm looking forward to joining you when mine falls off in March/April 2016

Message 366 of 1,271
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With all these jumpers, where is Bun when you need her?

I'm not jumping. Smiley Wink  

One thing I've learned, if they are determined to jump, they will.  As in my last grasp for the disappearing SM.

Signature needs updating
Message 367 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not so much jumping as stepping my pinky toe over the garden line and snatching it back lightning fast. Smiley Very Happy
Message 368 of 1,271
BUN
Established Contributor

OK NOBODY MOVE!!!Robot Mad DROP THE APPLICATIONS AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!!Smiley LOL I 've got my Benadryl glock pointing at your head, so leave the garden again at your own peril. Remember your goals, and stand firm. That is all. (mike dropped.)

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 369 of 1,271
BUN
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Everyone is falling out the garden. You guys have no self control shame on you! lol She says while plotting to get an airline card. Smiley Tongue

lol I'm burning to jump the fence myself! Smiley Very Happy

We'll go together, yes? We can coordinate our apps like you said. Smiley Tongue You go for United and I'll go for SW.

This is not the place for APP TALK. Please respect this garden as a safe place for people to go who are REALLY trying to not APP. Encouraging other people and goading them on in the GC is NOT OK. Robot Mad

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 370 of 1,271
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.